Civil War The Civil War "ANYTHING GOES" Thread - ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK - NO SPOILER TAGS REQ.! - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the clip of Spidey we see in the trailer his very first appearance in costume? Also, does he say, "hey everyone." What happens immediately after that?

Yes and he does say hey everyone but it's not the first thing he says I can't remember what he said first because everyone one was cheering.

Vision says a line about the number of enhanced people skyrocketing during one scene, which I interpreted as both a nod to all the other superpowered people from the films and the ones from the TV shows (even if they're not directly mentioned).

Nice. Thanks!

Can't wait for Thanos to crush Vision's head in his hands to get the gem.

:o

Vision said that he doesn't fully understand his gem but the more understanding he gains, the less he feels it controls him.

Yes and he does say hey everyone but it's not the first thing he says I can't remember what he said first because everyone one was cheering.

Spider-man never stops talking while on screen, the Hey Everyone wasn't when it was in the trailer.

So what happens after that? How does Cap get his shield back?

Is the clip of Spidey we see in the trailer his very first appearance in costume? Also, does he say, "hey everyone." What happens immediately after that?

That's what I want to know too! I think it is his first appearance in costume because everyone's saying he's only in the two scenes and he wouldn't be wearing it in the first scene. But yeah, I'm really curious how everyone reacts after his entrance and what follows. I asked but I haven't gotten a response yet.
You see him in his homemade costume in the YouTube clips while Tony is talking to him in his room at Aunt May's, but yeah, the trailer spot is his first appearance in the Spidey costume we care about.

After Spidey lands, he quips a bit about sticking the landing, fanboys over Cap for a while, throws in a 'Mr. Stark' as he's gathering himself nervously and drops the 'Hey, everyone' in a more casual sense as he's still nerding out a bit.
How is this letter communicated? Do we see it on screen or does it get narrated? Can you remember anything else it says or was that about it? Also is that the closing scene or is something else?
It arrives in a FedEx with a phone that Cap says can be used to contact them (in a Secret Avengers type thing I'm gathering) if needed. Cap narrates, but you see Tony reading the letter. I may be off a little in structure, but the closing scene is Cap on the Raft exchanging a smile with Falcon as he's about to break them all out while the letter narration conveys that.

It arrives in a FedEx with a phone that Cap says can be used to contact them (in a Secret Avengers type thing I'm gathering) if needed. Cap narrates, but you see Tony reading the letter. I may be off a little in structure, but the closing scene is Cap on the Raft exchanging a smile with Falcon as he's about to break them all out while the letter narration conveys that.
Sounds good. Thanks.

So what happens after that? How does Cap get his shield back?

Ant-man is shot via Hawkeye to the top of the truck and he backflip kicks Spidy while enlarging. He hands Cap the shield back.

This is before the big lineup battle royal. This is the very beginning of the fight. At first it's just CA standing alone in front of Tony's crew with the rest off hiding. That's how Ant-man surprises everyone.

Ant-man is shot via Hawkeye to the top of the truck and he backflip kicks Spidy while enlarging. He hands Cap the shield back.

This is before the big lineup battle royal. This is the very beginning of the fight. At first it's just CA standing alone in front of Tony's crew with the rest off hiding. That's how Ant-man surprises everyone.

Nah. Hawkeye shooting Ant-Man happens later in that fight. Cap is alone with IM, War Machine, Spiderman, etc. They talk, Spiderman takes the shield, and eventually Cap calls out to Scott, who's already shrunk down and sitting on Spiderman. Then he enlarges and throws the shield back to cap. Fight ensues.

Last edited:

Ooh, cool! I'm excited to see that!

Gonna be so cool seeing Ant Man sitting on other hero's shoulders lol. I never would have thought they could have gotten Ant Man to work, and even less so Giant Man! I do wonder if Quicksilver might have been a good character to have in this airport battle too.

Nah. Hawkeye shooting Ant-Man happens later in that fight. Cap is alone with IM, War Machine, Spiderman, etc. They talk, Spiderman takes the shield, and eventually Cap calls out to Scott, who's already shrunk down and sitting on Spiderman. Then he enlarges and throws the shield back to cap. Fight ensues.

I'm pretty sure Ant-man was shot twice by Hawkeye, how else did he end up on Spider-man? I thought they showed him flying towards him.

Gonna be so cool seeing Ant Man sitting on other hero's shoulders lol. I never would have thought they could have gotten Ant Man to work, and even less so Giant Man! I do wonder if Quicksilver might have been a good character to have in this airport battle too.

I think he would've been awesome to see in the airport as well as just interacting with the others in general. I loved what there was of him and even though I figured he'd be the one to die I was devastated when it happened.

I thought Ant-Man was already on the shield even before it was grabbed

I thought Ant-Man was already on the shield even before it was grabbed

Maybe, I could have sworn I saw him flying in to Spider-man. I do remember they made a bigger deal of him on the arrow later when he's shot at IronMan. Maybe I'm wrong.h

Scott was hiding on the shield.
Cap's on the fly strategy was on full display.
I love how he adapts to each fight.

Maybe, I could have sworn I saw him flying in to Spider-man. I do remember they made a bigger deal of him on the arrow later when he's shot at IronMan. Maybe I'm wrong.h

He was already on it. It was a surprise maneuver.

I think one of my favorite fights/interactions was the Spidey vs Cap one.
The parting words warmed my heart

The moment when Scott goes giant is so badass. It kinda reminded me of ultraman

The moment when Scott goes giant is so badass. It kinda reminded me of ultraman

Tony's line after it happens was funny:

"Anyone else on my team have special powers I don't know about" or something to that effect.

That was one of the first things I said to my friend after we left would have been great to have seen him in that brawl or had him on team Iron man and see him fight his sister his death was so pointless robbed us of a great character because Wheadon needed to kill someone

I think one of my favorite fights/interactions was the Spidey vs Cap one.
The parting words warmed my heart

I was a little miffed at that fight because of who came out on top but it is his movie and it was at the end of the fight and Spidey had taken some punishing hits (he gave so much more though).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"