Dark Phoenix The Costumes of Dark Phoenix

henzINNIT

Superhero
Reaction score
Now this could be something we can all be positive on.

XGROUP.png

We'll be getting some real-costumed X-Men this time around, right?

Looking forward to seeing what is done in this regard. I hope Fox aren't saving some money and reusing those suits above. There's some potential there but I want to see them cleaned up a lot.

[Just a thought... wouldn't it be crushing if Kinberg trolls us all and brings back the leather suits at the end? The next film might be in the 2000's afterall....]

Now this could be something we can all be positive on.

XGROUP.png

We'll be getting some real-costumed X-Men this time around, right?

Looking forward to seeing what is done in this regard. I hope Fox aren't saving some money and reusing those suits above. There's some potential there but I want to see them cleaned up a lot.

[Just a thought... wouldn't it be crushing if Kinberg trolls us all and brings back the leather suits at the end? The next film might be in the 2000's afterall....]

there will be colorful costumes in dark phoenix.very doudtful there will be
black leather after they introduced colorful costumes in apocalypse.

Once we find out who the costume designers are this will get interesting.

Ill go ahead and say what I'd like to see though I'm certain its not what we will see.
Storm-I would love a variation of her first costume from when she debuted with the black and gold and the ruby in the middle.
Jean-I really would love the Phoenix costume though I know it may look wacky but if they can find a way to make i work with the green and gold I will be sold as well as the change in colors when she goes dark.
Nightcrawler-I was fine with his costume at the end of Apocalypse just tweak it a bit
Cyclops-I actually loved his costume reveal in Apocalypse so would keep that
Quicksilver- I want that costume tweaked a bit, it looked frumpy and uncomfy on him. The color scheme I did like though.
Lilandra-I do want some variation with the silver armor she wears as well as having the markings near her eyes.
The rest I dont much care for could careless about Mystique,Mags and Beast, Xavier wears his suit :) and I dont really know whom is playing what roles out of the new people will be played.

Jean's Phoenix costume is my favourite in all of comics. I'd be over the moon if I saw the Phoenix emblem on her chest and the sash. I know it might not be the easiest to translate, but I do think talented and creative people could make it work. Hire some of the DCEU people for this lol.

Regarding Lilandra, we can see from Thor: Ragnorok how captivating a good headdress is.

Jean's Phoenix costume is my favourite in all of comics. I'd be over the moon if I saw the Phoenix emblem on her chest and the sash. I know it might not be the easiest to translate, but I do think talented and creative people could make it work. Hire some of the DCEU people for this lol.

Regarding Lilandra, we can see from Thor: Ragnorok how captivating a good headdress is.
I feel like if Singer and Mingenbach went out of their way to integrated the A of all things from Apocalypse's belt, the emblem wouldn't be that far out of the realm of possibility.

I want the Phoenix emblem as well but I really hope they translate the green and gold costume in some way, the sash isnt necessary for me just the color scheme and it looking somewhat like her costume.
Hela looks amaaaaaazing in Thor:Ragnarok like honestly. They need to capture the character Lilandra as well as all of them I think. Hopefully they show us some inspiration, keep that momentum from Apocalypse going. I hope they surprise us with the looks. im so excited to see them.

Honestly id be fine with the same outfits from apocalypse because i don't think they chose those outfits out of lazyness, they likely put alot of thought into it and its still the closest we have had yet to the comic outfits.

I'm fine with what Apocalypse gave us at the end, but I hope Dark Phoenix builds on that. Maybe since Beast made the flight suits in First Class, perhaps he makes some modifications to them. I'd like to see Storm's outfit get a bit more white to it as far as specific characters go.

I want the Phoenix emblem as well but I really hope they translate the green and gold costume in some way, the sash isnt necessary for me just the color scheme and it looking somewhat like her costume.
I agree, I don't expect dishwashing gloves and yellow boots but at least translate the look somehow. It should look sleek and streamlined above all.

Honestly id be fine with the same outfits from apocalypse because i don't think they chose those outfits out of lazyness, they likely put alot of thought into it and its still the closest we have had yet to the comic outfits.
Yea Im not saying they were being lazy when they chose the costumes either. Im glad we saw them, I just want them to build on that an tweak/polish it a bit more. Trust me Im so glad they gave us that.
I'm fine with what Apocalypse gave us at the end, but I hope Dark Phoenix builds on that. Maybe since Beast made the flight suits in First Class, perhaps he makes some modifications to them. I'd like to see Storm's outfit get a bit more white to it as far as specific characters go.
I would love this as well,white was my initial color I wanted but if they can mix white wit another costume id like that. I just dont like Storm all completely covered up since she is mostly immune to cold/hot weather.
I agree, I don't expect dishwashing gloves and yellow boots but at least translate the look somehow. It should look sleek and streamlined above all.
I agree with this totally. Thats what I want just tweak and tailor some of the costumes a bit.

An example of that, I think, would be the MCU's take on Scarlet Witch, as far as a streamlined look of a comic costume. Sure, it's not the leotard and head piece, but the color scheme and look are similar enough to comic Wanda without being something impractical for Olsen to wear.

That said, slightly off-topic, I still would want to see a more comic looking Scarlet Witch in the X-Men film/TV world one day.

I wouldn't know how to do the green outside of maybe she was put into stasis in some alien medical garb.

An example of that, I think, would be the MCU's take on Scarlet Witch, as far as a streamlined look of a comic costume. Sure, it's not the leotard and head piece, but the color scheme and look are similar enough to comic Wanda without being something impractical for Olsen to wear.
Yeah, but that's understood to be just her civilian wear and not quite a witch embracing that moniker.

Last edited:

That said, slightly off-topic, I still would want to see a more comic looking Scarlet Witch in the X-Men film/TV world one day.
They did honor the color scheme of the Scarlet Witch in the movies, but her costume is actually my least favorite probably because it is hard to translate to the big screen but I wasnt a fan of the look just looks blah to me like it just looks like regular clothes that she grabbed and put on.
I wouldn't know how to do the green outside of maybe she was put into stasis in some alien medical garb.

Yeah, but that's understood to be just her civilian wear and not quite a witch embracing that moniker.
I like the idea that almost like an alien force gave her the costume. I dont want them to go the direction of SW because I really dislike that costume. Idk how they can work it out but seeing the green and gold with the phoenix emblem would just be great to see but I know its not necessary. I do feel they will just keep the costume they had since its already her power growing within her and not a cosmic force taking over her. That's just wishful thinking on my part.

Not sure if I'm misremembering but didn't Vision give himself the green outfit and it wasn't explained why?

It will probably end up being something like this again:

76ab8cb24f5fe6f7a7dd1333a94b4c89--x-men-costumes-costumes-for-halloween.jpg

Not sure if I'm misremembering but didn't Vision give himself the green outfit and it wasn't explained why?

He gave himself a cape as well, but that's assumed to be part of his robotic/nanite grafting abilities.

Apocalypse showed that ability to make anything out of thin-air among other things.

She could make her own suit, I guess.

Why can't Jean just wear the green or red Phoenix outfit?

Why can't Jean just wear the green or red Phoenix outfit?

Because it looks like an actual costume, and since 2000 with the first X-Men, Bryan Singer has been having everyone rationalising why on earth someone would put on a costume. In the early 2000s, everyone seemed to think any kind of superhero costume would look ridiculous in real life and needed to be toned down for the movies. Even Spider-Man's costume was thought not to work before we saw it on screen, and people thought Iron Man would also look ridiculous like a walking Academy Award.

Because it looks like an actual costume, and since 2000 with the first X-Men, Bryan Singer has been having everyone rationalising why on earth someone would put on a costume. In the early 2000s, everyone seemed to think any kind of superhero costume would look ridiculous in real life and needed to be toned down for the movies. Even Spider-Man's costume was thought not to work before we saw it on screen, and people thought Iron Man would also look ridiculous like a walking Academy Award.

So...they rationalized it. Made it look more like a scifi exosuit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"