Endgame The Critics/Rotten Tomatoes thread

It doesn't and why I avoid certain critics who have done it in past reviews. It's so condescending, smug, and elitist to look down on people for liking a particular genre/style of film.

Its one thing to critique a film.
He's right about the fandom though. Stepping outside,. There's a general disregard of any opinion that doesn't butter the MCU. The movies are hits. But are not without fault. Different strokes for different folks. People who dislike these films have opinions JUST as valid as those who love them. His annoyance is around the fact that die hard MCU fans can't seem to accept that.

I was one of those fans for a long time..

Of course his opinion is valid... just not to people who disagree with his opinion. Just because someone has an opinion doesn't mean you have to agree wit it.

Like what does he want a cookie? Fans are critiquing his critique and now his feelings are hurt?

TOMATOMETER
96%
All Critics | Top Critics

Average Rating: 8.28/10
Reviews Count: 375
Fresh: 361
Rotten: 14

It needs 15 more fresh reviews to go back up to 97% :woo:.

I just noticed that I made a mistake. Sorry.

New update:

TOMATOMETER
96%
All Critics | Top Critics

Average Rating: 8.28/10
Reviews Count: 379
Fresh: 365
Rotten: 14

It needs 21 more fresh reviews! (386 fresh/14 rotten)

Listen, whenever you think you've read a review so terrible, so indescribably ridiculous that you want to throw up. Just read Armond Whites review about the same movie and realize there is always a worst review out there.

Armand is a legend in his own mind. He despises good films of any genre, yet sings the praises of trash like Jack and Jill. He is a man of truly inexplicable tastes.

Armand is a legend in his own mind. He despises good films of any genre, yet sings the praises of trash like Jack and Jill. He is a man of truly inexplicable tastes.

It's calculated. He intentionally plays the contrarian to get attention. How he managed to steer that nonsense into a career I'll never know.

96% of 379 critics enjoyed it is an impressive number. I still await the ratings of this once it hits and goes beyond 400 critics.

And it's liked by 92% of the 15k and more audience who commented. This should progress beautifully on both sides on the site.

It's calculated. He intentionally plays the contrarian to get attention. How he managed to steer that nonsense into a career I'll never know.
People just need to stop clicking on the links to rubbish like that. Whenever anyone does that you are paying for that kind of crap to hang around.

Huh, the New Yorker has two reviews on the site, both negative. Seems a little unfair a publication could have two separate reviews for the same movie.

Huh, the New Yorker has two reviews on the site, both negative. Seems a little unfair a publication could have two separate reviews for the same movie.

There was also one review which was deemed positive despite having a 2/5 score...

It’s pretty expected from them. I like the mag but I don’t remember their writers giving any CBM movie a chance especially Lane who often resorts to snobbish mockery. I started skipping their reviews on CBM movies some time ago.

I always maintain that any good critic (not just movies but also something like literary, arts, music or food critics) knows how to adjust his or her own preferences and biases when producing critiques in their professional work. Everyone has theirs but not everyone is a professional critic.

Last edited:
96% is just crazy! Reminds me when the final Harry Potter got 96% or 97%. Both are amazing films.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"