The Dark Knight The Dark Knight FAQ (Check here first)

But I am a little worried that the WB might not like Bettany after so many creepy villian roles, but who knows!

Dear New Members of the Hype:

joker.jpg

This actor is dead, this picture is not official, please do not post it.

Thank you.

StorminNorman said:
And yet Noobs still post it thinking they found the greatest thing ever.

Sigh:down :(

Well you have to understand, that some people are not as obsessed with the sequel as some of us here are. They probley see the pic and think it's somehting new and feel the need to bring it to the Batman Boards.

The-Night said:
To me...........HULME OR BETTANY, we won't be dissapointed!!!!!!!

You gonna get t-shirts printed up? That's your official line, after all. :D

But I am a little worried that the WB might not like Bettany after so many creepy villian roles, but who knows!

I remember that line showing up on BOF. I think now when I hear it exactly what I thought then: that doesn't make any sense. It's like, "oh no, this guy would be perfect for the role! We can't hire him!" It doesn't make sense, I don't believe they'd think that way. And if they did, I don't believe that Nolan would care.

Keyser Sushi said:
You gonna get t-shirts printed up? That's your official line, after all. :D

I should, I'll be out of the country for 3 months, it'll be a great way to promote the sequel :D

I remember that line showing up on BOF. I think now when I hear it exactly what I thought then: that doesn't make any sense. It's like, "oh no, this guy would be perfect for the role! We can't hire him!" It doesn't make sense, I don't believe they'd think that way. And if they did, I don't believe that Nolan would care.

I hope so man, I hate all these Law and weaving Rumors!

The-Night said:
I hope so man, I hate all these Law and weaving Rumors!

I'm not crazy about them either, but I'm not worried about it. It's gonna be Bettany. :up:

I would have no problem with Hugo Weaving, but I would prefer Jake Gyllenhaal or Sam Rockwell over him. Law ranks back with Hulme though.

Keyser Sushi said:
I'll accept whatever decision is made, but I think I'll be happy about the choice because I really believe Bettany will get the role. I could be wrong, of course, but like you I too saw Joker written all over him last night (and in general) and I think, given that the guy is in contention, and given that Nolan, Bale and Caine have all spoken of him in the role, and given how great he would be in said role, I can't imagine any other outcome than Bettany as Joker.

Exactly. I don't know what it was, but he just had that presence of Joker while sitting there last night. Not to mention that everytime I replay the scene with Gordon saying that Joker has a "taste of the theatrical," toward the end of BB, Bettany comes to mind. I like Hulme as a candidate, and I see potential in him. But I just don't have the same vision with him as I do Bettany.

Keyser Sushi said:
Not to mention that he's exactly the kind of guy Nolan is likely to cast, given the kinds of actors he used in BB. Established, but not superstars. Nine times out of ten, British or Irish.

Far point.

StorminNorman said:
Dear New Members of the Hype:

joker.jpg

This actor is dead, this picture is not official, please do not post it.

Thank you.

Good one, it already happend three times on the board. Along with the people posting it saying that they were working on the sequel, that this was the "official" picture of the Joker. How can the not see it's a manip?

Batman said:
Good one, it already happend three times on the board. Along with the people posting it saying that they were working on the sequel, that this was the "official" picture of the Joker. How can the not see it's a manip?

Gangstaman just created a new thread over on the Sequels page, it reminded me why I hated noobs. I thought I would try to prevent this from happening in the future.

Batman said:
Exactly. I don't know what it was, but he just had that presence of Joker while sitting there last night. Not to mention that everytime I replay the scene with Gordon saying that Joker has a "taste of the theatrical," toward the end of BB, Bettany comes to mind. I like Hulme as a candidate, and I see potential in him. But I just don't have the same vision with him as I do Bettany.

He's a nut. He's charming and ridiculous and impish, and as we know, more than capable of menace when needed. And there's something else, something I've never been able to put into words and either people see it or they don't, but there's something in his face, the planes of his face, the way it looks in shadow. I see Joker.

Far point.

I certainly thought so. :)

I see dumb people. :o

StorminNorman said:
Gangstaman just created a new thread over on the Sequels page, it reminded me why I hated noobs. I thought I would try to prevent this from happening in the future.

I said all I needed to say.

Keyser Sushi said:
He's a nut. He's charming and ridiculous and impish, and as we know, more than capable of menace when needed. And there's something else, something I've never been able to put into words and either people see it or they don't, but there's something in his face, the planes of his face, the way it looks in shadow. I see Joker.

I've known that there's something hidden in him as well, and I think that's what Nolan sees in Bettany. Ever since his name came up for the candidate list, I always thought of him as a great choice. Just look at the movies he's been in, the villains he's played. There was one picture of him in The Da Vinci Code, and instantly imagined what he could be capable of. He's sleek, and all the other things you've mentioned. Which of course, I agree with.

masterpre3.jpg

StorminNorman said:
I would have no problem with Hugo Weaving, but I would prefer Jake Gyllenhaal or Sam Rockwell over him. Law ranks back with Hulme though.

I wouldn't mind Weaving either. But speaking of which, I havent put his name on the list of candidates...

Great thread Batman, only fitting that it was made one with a username such as yours. :up:

boyscouT said:
Great thread Batman, only fitting that it was made one with a username such as yours. :up:
Im surprised no one took the name earlier:confused:

Batman's first SN was Batman_, then after a while the mods changed it for him. :up:

StorminNorman said:
Batman's first SN was Batman_, then after a while the mods changed it for him. :up:
Lucky bastard :(

Batman said:
I was really starting to get irritated (not that I was the only one) with the constant repetition the board was undergoing, I understand that the sequel is going to be a huge one considering the the success Begins had. But that doesn't mean it should be treated as all the other forums are, so hopefully this helps out. Seriously, if anyone has anything they'd like to add, PM me it or say it here and I'll edit the list. Anything to help out the new people who, frankly, have no clue as to what's going on.

And thanks, everyone.

Far point. But by "confirmed," I meant that it's been by the rumors that they're indeed the only two front runners for Joker. Well, currently.

The best one was sent in to BOF, by DeFett who posts here.

lhulme_m.jpg

He doesn't look like Joker. He isn't good choice for this role.

But why everybody want him to be Joker??????????:confused:

Keyser Sushi said:
I'll accept whatever decision is made, but I think I'll be happy about the choice because I really believe Bettany will get the role. I could be wrong, of course, but like you I too saw Joker written all over him last night (and in general) and I think, given that the guy is in contention, and given that Nolan, Bale and Caine have all spoken of him in the role, and given how great he would be in said role, I can't imagine any other outcome than Bettany as Joker.

Not to mention that he's exactly the kind of guy Nolan is likely to cast, given the kinds of actors he used in BB. Established, but not superstars. Nine times out of ten, British or Irish.

When the fuack did Nolan even mention Bettany as Joker? Seriously, I'd like to know . . .

Cinemaman said:
He doesn't look like Joker. He isn't good choice for this role.

But why everybody want him to be Joker??????????:confused:

You do realize that he'll shave his beard if he gets the role . . . and if he didn't, I would still go see a bearded Joker if it was Hulme

I have a feeling that Lachy Hulme is going to get this part . . . I just 'feel' it . . . someone mark my words, the man will become the Joker, so you'd all better start getting used to it now . . . I just hope I didn't just jinx him . . .

DV8 said:
You do realize that he'll shave his beard if he gets the role . . . and if he didn't, I would still go see a bearded Joker if it was Hulme

I have a feeling that Lachy Hulme is going to get this part . . . I just 'feel' it . . . someone mark my words, the man will become the Joker, so you'd all better start getting used to it now . . . I just hope I didn't just jinx him . . .

But he isn't thin. And as I have already said, he doesn't look like Joker.

Doubtful he will get this role.

Cinemaman said:
But he isn't thin. And as I have already said, he doesn't look like Joker.

Doubtful he will get this role.

Well . . . would you care to make a friendly wager? I'm dead serious . . . I'll bet $50.00 he gets this role . . . that's how confident I am in the man

DV8 said:
Well . . . would you care to make a friendly wager? I'm dead serious . . . I'll bet $50.00 he gets this role . . . that's how confident I am in the man

No, I will not make it. But I am sure Bettany or another actor, who we didn't use as candidate will get Joker role.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"