The Dark Knight Rises Movie Masters: Official Discussion - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the back of the small 2 pack line they show the outline of a mystery figure. Looks kinda like Scarecrow or maybe even Talia al Ghul

2012-06-30_08-05-11_757.jpg

Last edited:
I hope the MM mystery is either Talia or Ras and not Scarecrow...

The fact that we are having problems finding these figures now is 80% Walmart 20% Mattel. Mass market retailers have a purchasing and marketing department that Severely Dictate Who, What, and When product goes into THEIR stores in THEIR space.
Marketing and Purchasing need to justify sticking 1 Batman, 2 Banes, 2 Alfred and 2 Catwomans in their inventory. Batman and only Batman is the reason these are available at retail.

That being said, Mattel is banking on the fact of using about 80% of existing tooling to make this line. They could have definitely afforded to retool Batman with new articulation and features, something without the guaranteed purchasing power of 1) A new (obvious) summer blockbuster. 2) Shelf space and gross order quantities for all major retailers WORLDWIDE. Something Mattycollector, online retailers and specialty shops cannot.

I am convinced that the overwhelming failure of the Green Lantern movie is the cause of the much smaller abundance of Movie Masters figures. They had over a dozen figures in that line, full endcaps, isles, and displays full of MM and 2 oversized Mattycollector Exclusives! I read in an interview that the only items that sold well were the 3.75" Green Lantern lines. Hmmm...there are pegs Full of the 4 different 3.75" TDKR figures.

Still, it could be worse. It could be Hasbros 3.75" Case Packs 3,999,997 Omega Delta Mission Ironman, 2 Hawkeyes, and 1 Black Widow.
Or better yet their only 6" offerings a Walmart Exclusive Case of 66 Repainted Ironman MK VIs, 33 Captain Americas, 10 reused Thors, 2, Hawkeyes, and 1 Hulk. NOTE: All 50 of these cases that were produced were randomly distributed directly to Walmart Employees for scalping purposes.

I hope the MM mystery is either Talia or Ras and not Scarecrow...

Sadly, the mystery figure is Scarecrow. Its the version in the straight jacket, except he has glowing red eyes for some reason. He comes with a suit case that doesnt open and a batsignal piece.

If you picked up that flattened Gordon I hope he and the Batsignal piece aren't damaged. He is that last one I know of in the Harrisburg/York area.

I looked up near Mechanicsburg and Carlisle yesterday. No new items at TRU, WM, or Kmart.

This sucks if all we are going to be able to scrounge up in this area is 6-7 Catwoman figures between the TRUs and BN. (Guessing that all the TRU got atleast one set with Catwoman though probably all GU:()

I haven't seen any posts about the Lancaster area. I was out there 3 weeks ago and TRU, WM and the BN didn't have anything it might be worth checking out.

My mom found me a Gordon at the Lancaster Wal Mart a few days ago. She said it was the only one they had.

how are we back to the mystery figure being scarecrow when the picture being shown is from the back of a toy from the small line? thats their mystery figure... 2 seperate lines...

Ah that make sense

Movie Masters- Ra's

4 inch toyline- Scarecrow

On the back of the small 2 pack line they show the outline of a mystery figure. Looks kinda like Scarecrow or maybe even Talia al Ghul

2012-06-30_08-05-11_757.jpg

This line is not even made by Mattel, hell they are not even action figures!

I haven't heard or seen anything about Mattels mystery figure yet. But why would we get a Straight Jacket version with glowing eyes and a suitcase accessory? This sounds like a combination of scenes from BB. Unless Crane shows up again in TDKR dressed up similar to BB doing something very pivotal to the plot of TDKR involving a suitcase! Because that suitcase must be amazing for Mattel to make it for US! Sorry, but as far as accessories go we have gotten a Knife, Ski Mask, Handgun, and an Axe. (Excluding SDCC 12 Bruce).

Sadly, the mystery figure is Scarecrow. Its the version in the straight jacket, except he has glowing red eyes for some reason. He comes with a suit case that doesnt open and a batsignal piece.

source ?

Well here's a tidbit of info I found out today. Don't know if this was posted yet, but my B&N said that their TDKR display was supposed to be up for about 6 weeks so it's most likely that it will get replenished. They just dont know when.

i just got my jim gordon and catwoman goggles up version. the goggles dont seem to move down and does someone know how the broken batsignal pieces fit together? help please!

Well, another empty handed trip to Wal Mart. Seriously. Stock the damn empty shelves already!

i just got my jim gordon and catwoman goggles up version. the goggles dont seem to move down and does someone know how the broken batsignal pieces fit together? help please!

The Goggles do not move on either version. Though the goggles up version are glued in place backwards incorrectly.

The Broken Batsignal piece doesn't fit/snap into the broken lense, well because its Broken ;).

I have both versions. The head is the same on both, there are two small holes in the head behind the ears which the goggles are glued into.

In both videos you can see they are just bending the soft plastic and if you do this you can rip the goggles off the small pegs. My Google's down version has alot more glue than just on the pegs mine has it along the sides and on the front.

These aren't ment to rotate and it doesn't even look right when either of them are. But you can carefully work out the goggles up pegs and reposition them correctly, Mattel glued all of them on backwards that I've seen. They should have the nose rim face backward and look like this.
6-dark-knight-rises-catwoman_610post.jpg

did the Catwoman goggle switch this morning...quite easy to do.

IMG_4867.jpg

IMG_4869.jpg

Snagged all of these awesome shirts today. Picked up the 4 at my local j.c.penny's for $10.00 dollars each and they had even more.

I picked up the two Rise Batman and Bane T's from Hot Topic for $20.50 each but they had a buy one get one %50 off so it was a good deal overall.

Resampled_2012-06-30_15-50-27_11.jpg

Resampled_2012-06-30_15-54-44_216-1.jpg

Even though I'm on a budget I caved in and bought a Batman and Bane for the cheapest price I've seen each for $15.99 at a K-Mart in Torrance, CA. I haven't opened them up yet but I noticed the packages don't carry the Movie Ticket offer when you purchase up to 20 dollars on Bat-merchandise.

Even though I'm on a budget I caved in and bought a Batman and Bane for the cheapest price I've seen each for $15.99 at a K-Mart in Torrance, CA. I haven't opened them up yet but I noticed the packages don't carry the Movie Ticket offer when you purchase up to 20 dollars on Bat-merchandise.

The movie ticket offer is only available on the Movie Masters from Target unfortunately.

those new hot topic shirts look awesome. i've passed on all shirts except the teaser poster shirt, but i really like that bane one. i hate shirts with actual people on them, but that bane is making me rethink that quite a bit. i like both the batman and the bane shirt quite a bit, thank you for sharing.

ps, would anyone happen to have a loose or extra catwoman, googles up or down doesnt matter, to sell? (i'm going to customize her googles to not only flip up, but rotate down like the actual goggles, but i cant find her anywhere in this small area. checked at least once a week, and call at least twice a week to the walmarts near me. the kmart near me has not yet stocked any rises stuff whatsoever.)

If you picked up that flattened Gordon I hope he and the Batsignal piece aren't damaged. He is that last one I know of in the Harrisburg/York area.

I looked up near Mechanicsburg and Carlisle yesterday. No new items at TRU, WM, or Kmart.

This sucks if all we are going to be able to scrounge up in this area is 6-7 Catwoman figures between the TRUs and BN. (Guessing that all the TRU got atleast one set with Catwoman though probably all GU:()

I haven't seen any posts about the Lancaster area. I was out there 3 weeks ago and TRU, WM and the BN didn't have anything it might be worth checking out.

It was flattened but I made damn sure that it looked like it was intact. Opened it today and everything was perfect. At the lancaster Barnes and Noble they didnt have any catwomen. At the lancaster K-mart they had one catwoman (goggles up). Then at the fye in east york they had a goggles up catwoman , just one. Oh the lancaster TRU had just Batmen and a few Banes.

I picked up the K-Mart exclusive Batman with the blueprints yesterday. I generally keep my figures in the packaging, but I really want to open him up and take a look at those blueprints. What would you guys do?

I bought two of them myself to solve the same problem you have. The blueprints are pretty cool and are well made. They even have a top secret/ bat-symbol envolpe for you to put them in.

Does anyone have an extra Sonar Vision Batman they are willing to trade? Just let me know the details if interested.

Well as for finding a goggles down catwoman today, that didnt work out. But I got the new Batmobile book, The Dark knight Manual, and the empire batman issue. If you have the means and the money get the Manual. So much details in it, blueprints, sketches, stickers (the cool kind), police case files and so much more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"