The Dark Knight Rises Movie Masters: Official Discussion - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a community, we should fix it.
In a civil way of course.
Hope you didn't get burned

I'm not saying I have been yet. But am starting to get a little annoyed. I'm really more worried about buying a Hot Toys Demon Batman off one of these sellers from overseas last night. He took my "best offer" which was 30$ less than what he had listed. He has 100% feedback though. We'll see.

On a disc golf site I'm a member of there is a Itrader feedback feature. I have no idea how much work goes into a website though,I'm sure it would be a lot of work for some poor guy.

To you,Batsncats is a straight fellow. He was even throwing more stuff in the box he sent me with the intention of me paying him later in the week. Which I did,obviously. Good guy.

So, no one has an answer? Haha.
I too, think they're the same, but, you look at them for a quick second, and they look different. I dunno.
Anyone else looking to help?

I took two pictures one of each with my phone. Sorry that the quality lacks but I don't have access to a better camera.

Batman Begins Cowl:
2012-11-14112942.jpg

The Dark Knight Cowl:
2012-11-14113233.jpg

It doesn't really look any different other then the eyes. The Batman Begin's Cowl has smaller pupils so you don't see the white in the eyes.

Last edited:
1218tj9.jpg

Here you see the Begins head, the TDK release and finally the TDKR release.

The most immediately noticeable difference is the devolving paint job done to the unmasked portion of his face. It's much more detailed and properly fleshtoned in the Begins figure. (which is funny, because that came out after the release of the DK version.) By the time we get to the Rises releases it's kind of just a peach blob on his face.

Not so apparent is the mold differences. On the Begins head, it's over all more rounded, and the ridges for the brow and and cheekbones are more prominent and extend farther.

My camera wouldn't pick it up, but the most telling detail that they're different sculpts, or at the very least different molds made from the same sculpt, is around the nose. If you look at the TDK head, there is a line, a horizontal mold seam, coming from the nose to where the face meets the vertical mold seam at the back of the head. This is on all releases that i have of the TDK figure (original, Rises, Bane two pack). This is completely absent on the Begins head.

I'm not saying I have been yet. But am starting to get a little annoyed. I'm really more worried about buying a Hot Toys Demon Batman off one of these sellers from overseas last night. He took my "best offer" which was 30$ less than what he had listed. He has 100% feedback though. We'll see.

On a disc golf site I'm a member of there is a Itrader feedback feature. I have no idea how much work goes into a website though,I'm sure it would be a lot of work for some poor guy.

To you,Batsncats is a straight fellow. He was even throwing more stuff in the box he sent me with the intention of me paying him later in the week. Which I did,obviously. Good guy.
I understand what you mean, no worries :)

Thank you for the kind words about Bats :)

1218tj9.jpg

The most immediately noticeable difference is the devolving paint job done to the unmasked portion of his face. It's much more detailed and properly fleshtoned in the Begins figure. (which is funny, because that came out after the release of the DK version.) By the time we get to the Rises releases it's kind of just a peach blob on his face.

Not so apparent is the mold differences. On the Begins head, it's over all more rounded, and the ridges for the brow and and cheekbones are more prominent and extend farther.

My camera wouldn't pick it up, but the most telling detail that they're different sculpts, or at the very least different molds made from the same sculpt, is around the nose. If you look at the TDK head, there is a line, a horizontal mold seam, coming from the nose to where the face meets the vertical mold seam at the back of the head. This is on all releases that i have of the TDK figure (original, Rises, Bane two pack). This is completely absent on the Begins head.

I've noticed the seams, too! That's what had me thinking.
The flesh tones are very weird in all 3 figures. The Begins one is the nicest, with the Rises one being all peachy and a tad bit tan.

So, would your hypothesis be that it's a different sculpt? I understand that they're different paints, but also sculpts?

Thanks for the comparison bud :)

I just hope on the TRU 3 pack, they just don't slap on a Rises head on the Begins body.

I hope Bruce can wear his cowl, and it looks like the Dark Knight Batman has a cloth cape now.

Im deff getting the 3pck Bats because I went to my parents and checked my old colletion in the attic and found out that our last live in house gueast (my 21 year old nefew) got sticky fingers and took off with some of my good stuff.
It pisses me off but it had to have happened about 1 year ago so theres no point now.
So my MM Batman begins stuff is gone.

On the bright side i found the Play Arts armored A.S. Batman and tdkr bigger scale Bat at hastings.
I was surprised to find anything worth buying and came home with both,also ordered Tdk MM Two Face,& BMbs Scarecrow with normal sute with bag mask off amazon.

Kudos thomaswd for a well written response. Consensus is that the MM BB Batman is the fave (color, seam, etc.)
I have an extra sealed Batman if anyone wanted to buy or trade. PM me if interested.
This is him right with his right leg in the air and cowl in package, or is this from TDK?

movie_masters_batman_darkknight.jpg

Last edited:
Im checking out Ebay trying to complete my collection. Is $65 (75 including shipping) a good price for the Demon Batman and Unmasked Batman chase figure from TDK?

EDIT: nevermind someone put a bid on it. i should have gotten it. son of a gun

Last edited:
Im checking out Ebay trying to complete my collection. Is $65 (75 including shipping) a good price for the Demon Batman and Unmasked Batman chase figure from TDK?

EDIT: nevermind someone put a bid on it. i should have gotten it. son of a gun

Four years ago they were what...$15-$20 each? To get today for twice as much may be worth it if you got the dough and you really want them. I've seen Demon go for $50+ alone....

I still have 3 unmasked TDK Batman figs if anybody needs one

So I'm closing in on completing my collection, mostly just variants. Can any one help me out with

Batman (with sonar eyes and battle damage
Goggles Down Catowman
And super low priority but I'm down if you got him cheap, the ugly Gordon from the two pack or the two pack itself.

Loose/complete is fine.

Last edited:
Mattel needs to release a Tumbler and The Bat scale for movie masters. I would definitely pay atleast $50 for each probably more depending on how accurate they look. I wonder if there is any way we can petition or try to get their interest in making these vehicles.

Mattel needs to release a Tumbler and The Bat scale for movie masters. I would definitely pay atleast $50 for each probably more depending on how accurate they look. I wonder if there is any way we can petition or try to get their interest in making these vehicles.

How about this one? Or is this for the 4" size? Amazon does not list dimensions.

41taKDMCx3L._SL500_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Dark-Knight-Tumbler-Vehicle/dp/B001C80UFO/ref=pd_sim_sbs_t_4

A 1/6 scale Bat would be cool. Maybe another Target exclusive like the Pod.

How about this one? Or is this for the 4" size? Amazon does not list dimensions.

41taKDMCx3L._SL500_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Dark-Knight-Tumbler-Vehicle/dp/B001C80UFO/ref=pd_sim_sbs_t_4

Hmm I'm not sure about the tumbler size there. I'm pretty sure its for the 4" figures but maybe someone here has it and can share some info on it. The scale for movie master figures I think is 1/12 according to this site:

http://actionfigures.about.com/od/gettingstarted/a/action_figure_scales.htm

Was there a Tumblr for those awful Begins figures? The figures may not fit inside, but it may look decent among them.

Here's a silly thing i discovered this morning that i find kind of amusing. The ancient 1989 Bob The Goon figure from Toy Biz came with more practical accessories than any movie master; a gun, a knife and a removable hat. The gun is oversized, though, and fits in the Gotham City Thug's hand like it was made for it. Heh.

2dgp7x2.jpg

So from now on Grumpy's real name will forever be Bob Jr in my mind, heh.

41taKDMCx3L._SL500_.jpg

That's for the 4" figures. There isn't one for the 6" figures, but you can display one of the two made for the 5" figures with your MMs. It actually looks quite nice. They're a bit hard to find online, but there was one that came out for Batman Begins that had lights and sounds and was repainted a couple of times and then re-issued in the Batman Legacy line in a third paint scheme a couple years back. The first one came in a dark purply color, with the second being black and gold like in the movie. The third one from a few years back was similar to the second version, but without the gold trim and no electronics. There was also a launching version that came out for The Dark Knight that has a launching Batpod. Overall, the BB/Legacy version is more scaled and movie-accurate since some aesthetic qualities of TDK one had to be modified for the launching feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"