The "Dawn Of Marvels" RPG Signup/OOC Thread

Ok, people...let's talk.

It seems that everyone has abandoned this RPG. What I want to know is: are you all truly done? As long as there's one other player posting in here, I'll keep fighting for this RPG. But if we decide it's dead, then let's just bite the bullet and do it. It has to be unanimous, though, for me to give up. I don't want to ditch anyone if they truly have a lot of faith.

And if we do decide to end it, then I'll take a couple more weeks to get a proper Green Goblin/Spider-Man battle in before we lay it to rest.

Well I'm still up for my Beyonder Secret War, but that's about it.

Well I'm still up for my Beyonder Secret War, but that's about it.
It seems like you and I are the only survivors, my friend.

MB still drops by, but he doesn't have a character. And Byrd comes in to harass us until we give up.

If everyone wants the RPG to die, I say let it die. :csad:

Though, I did have an idea on how to revitalize the concept itself, but I don't think anyone'd be interested.

If everyone wants the RPG to die, I say let it die. :csad:

Though, I did have an idea on how to revitalize the concept itself, but I don't think anyone'd be interested.
Lay it on me. Anything's worth a shot...or at least some consideration.

Well, my idea was that, while it would mean retconning the history here... that we do a Marvel RPG set in the 60's. That way we could truly make for a brand spanking new continuity from the age it all began, aswell as relive some of the breakthrough moments in each character's lives, in the times they happened.

That's a really good idea. And I could pull it off, with a Beyonder post, just change everything then drop the character.

'DAWN OF MARVELS' RPG Application

Screenname: Spidey's Super-Fan

Character You Would Like To Play: The Kingpin of Crime Aka Flint Marko :-)wow:)

Powers:The Sandman has the ability to transform into a malleable sand-like substance which can be hardened, dispersed, or shaped according to his will, something akin to a type of geokinesis limited to sand and small rock particles. Even if his body is blown apart, he is capable of reforming it. His striped shirt and cargo pants are both a part of his mass sand-like body.

Basic History Of The Character (Up until this point):
The Sandman has been alive for decades. He volunteered for a radiological experiment in the 1930's that granted him his abilities. At first, Sandman set his sights on the easy prizes: low-level bank robberies and muggings. Soon, though, he learned how to use his power for bigger benefits. Using his considerable wealth, Sandman became an influential member of the 1940's mafia. After a decade in the mob, Sandman had annoyed many other members of rival families. Seemingly being 'whacked' Sandman went into hiding, waiting for all the members of the original gangs to be imprisoned or die.

Three Reasons Why You Have Chosen That Character:

Sandman? He's a fun character.

I look forward to playing as a character who can do anything he wants.

I think that having a classier Flint Marko is an interesting twist.

What Do You Plan On Doing With This Character As A Person (IE: How are you changing him or her?):
He's not a petty crook, he's involved in the mob and will be a character who acts behind the scenes.

Two Complete Sentences In Proper English Explaining What You Can Bring To This RPG (As A Player):
I can bring a Sandman who will be involved with multiple characters. Spider-Man and Daredevil alike will want to bring down this returned mobster.

What Fonts Do You Plan To Use For Your Character’s Speech? (Makes the roster look better):
Bold, Verdana, 2, Brown.

Please Provide A Small Sample Post In The Format You Wish To Portray Your Character In:

The man was sat in the waiting room of the office building.

His hands, drenched with sweat, held a single manila envelope.

He heard a faint bell ring and he stood up.

He walked towards a massive, oak door and eased it open.

"Uh... Sir?" The man said quietly.

"Have a seat, son."
The man behind the desk said.

Rain poured onto the glass and an occasional lightning bolt was the only thing that would illuminate the room.

The man slid the envelope across the table.

"These are the pictures you asked for, sir."

The man across the table took the envelope in his hand and opened it.

"You took these?"
He asked.
"Y-yes, sir." The man replied.

"You know we needed specific shots, right?"
He asked.

"Yes, Mr. Marko, but these shots are just as go-" The man attempted to reply, but was cut off with a flick of Flint Marko's wrist.

"We don't have those shots, do we?"
Marko asked.

"No, sir." The man said.

"So you failed?"
Marko asked.

A shot of lightning struck through the New York sky.

"Yes, sir, I did. Please... don't punish me, Mr. Marko." The man pleaded.

"I'm not going to punish you, my friend."
The mobster said, leaning into the light,"That's what those men outside the door are."

Do You Know How To Post Pictures On The Hype?:
Yes.

I'll hold off on approving you because we might be seeing a shift in the works.

In regards to MB's idea...my one fault is this:

If we go and retcon everything, and the RPG still doesn't make it, then we've essentially retconned our work for no reason. I, for one, am not for the idea anyway...but at this point, I'll go wherever the masses (and by the masses, I mean the 4 of us) take it.

I'm still in, just out of ideas, I RP'd myself into a corner by leaving the X-Men for and Iron Man/Hannibal team up, but kinda never came to fruition. :csad:

If the RPG is indeed getting back into full swing, I'd like to state for the record that I'll probably be applying for Daredevil, if SSF isn't still playing him.

Well whatever happens, I think we should at least go out with a bang.

Well whatever happens, I think we should at least go out with a bang.
Hence why I've set the Green Goblin arc into motion.

And even if that's not the end, it'll still be a Hell of an arc.

That, my friends, is a win-win. :up:

And Byrd comes in to harass us until we give up.

I don't harass. As senior advisor, it's my job to ***** at you until you give up.

Well, my idea was that, while it would mean retconning the history here... that we do a Marvel RPG set in the 60's. That way we could truly make for a brand spanking new continuity from the age it all began, aswell as relive some of the breakthrough moments in each character's lives, in the times they happened.

Now that's a cool idea...

If restarting in the '60's is what it takes to get this back on-track, then let's do it. I'm up for whatever it takes to spark interest.

No continuity = :up:.

And Catman, while I appreciate the offer to use the Beyonder's time-altering powers...I'd rather use MB's mod-ly powers and just start a new, less cluttered thread.

And SSF, I think this could work in your favor. The Kingpin could work better in the '60's than in the modern day.

So we could even go back to when Magneto and Charles were allies, working together.

This could be...sick in the head. :wow:

Wait wait wait, are you gonna delete the posts in the IC thread?

Okay good, I was about to go on a mad dash to save all my Deadpool posts.

"Even the ****ty ones!?"

Yes wade, even the ****ty ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"