The "Dawn Of Marvels" RPG Signup/OOC Thread

If this get's rebooted and started up in the sixties, count me in. :up:

OK so im not entirely sure about this 60's thing, is it that we can only take characters who were around in that decade (EG young Prof X and Mags) or that we can take our existing characters and transform them into 60's version of themselves?

You just know Deadpool is gonna be a hippy.

Ok, so what's the word?

Are we:
1. Trudging on?
2. Rebooting in the '60's?
3. Letting this RIP?

It seems like if we go with 1, we'll end up doing 3 in no time. That's not to say that the same won't be true about 2, but it seems to be the best (and most supported) option.

Yeah what is going on with this RPG? I've been keeping close eye on it, and am actually confused as to whats going on.

Yeah what is going on with this RPG? I've been keeping close eye on it, and am actually confused as to whats going on.
MB proposed wiping the slate clean and setting this in the 1960's. It seemed to garner some interest, but that has quickly dissipated.

(Oh, and I'm dropping Cyke. I don't mean to abandon the X-Men...but who is there really to abandon? :csad:)

Oh well, I'm off to rain on someone else's parade. Captain Bringdown, away!!!!
Someone needs a new name. The Blue Blur seems right. :o Ruining your mood in under a milisecond.

Someone needs a new name. The Blue Blur seems right. :o Ruining your mood in under a milisecond.

Eh, whatever. People said I was crazy when I said What If? was doomed...what now smartasses?!?! I need to build a rocket for little Byrd, we may not have a chance. But he will live on.

Perhaps what is needed is a new concept?

I'm all for a Silver-Age Marvel RPG, but I just don't think that many of us know enough about the sixties themselves to write a reboot in that era. Even forty year old posters would have been infants in the sixties. Add to that the fact that diction, etiquette, and the national culture have all changed since that period, then I'm not sure that many people would even know how to write in a mannerism from the sixties.

I'm all for a Silver-Age Marvel RPG, but I just don't think that many of us know enough about the sixties themselves to write a reboot in that era. Even forty year old posters would have been infants in the sixties. Add to that the fact that diction, etiquette, and the national culture have all changed since that period, then I'm not sure that many people would even know how to write in a mannerism from the sixties.
We have a Silver AGE Create your own guy RPG brewing...

All very valid points - and reasons for why I, personally, am against the idea. But whatever the masses decide is what I'll do.

That being said, I am part of the Silver Age RPG where I will face these dilemmas anyway.

Every other line of my dialog would be "Gee willakers!" Not because I'm a bad writer, but because I'd have no clue what else to put.

We have a Silver AGE Create your own guy RPG brewing...

Well, unless I get a few more people interested in joining up, that particular one is doomed as well. Ironic, considering I was wanting to join this RPG to take my mind off that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"