The "Dawn Of Marvels" RPG: Year One

Cyclops.gif

"Nah i got it," Jimmy said, punching the wall twice. Two doubles appeared, grabbing a bag each. They looked around at the wreckage.
"So...um," one of him said. The other one said what he was thinking.
"That was some party, right?"
"Wheres my room?"
"What? Oh...the party...right..."

Crap, why did Xavier have to say it was a party. It'd be much easier to explain if he said that it was a group of mutant haters or something. But then again, I guess this guy wouldn't feel safe if we told him that.

There must be a method to the Professor's madness after all.

"Yeah, it was fine until some people decided to crash," I say - which isn't entirely a lie.

"Anyway, this whole hallway is basically a dorm, and there are a lot of empty rooms, so take your pick."

Spider-Man.gif

J. Jonah Jameson sits at his desk, on the phone, looking quite proud of himself. He's smiling as he talks.

"Don't worry about it. You have my word," he assures the person on the other end. Jameson takes a big puff of his cigar.

His assistant, Robbie, walks in. "Jonah?"

The smile on Jonah's face melts into a grimace. He places the phone down on his desk, but he doesn't hang up. "What did I tell you about interrupting me when I'm on the phone?"

"It's just that I--"

"Get out before I fire you!" Jonah barks. Robbie sheepishly slips out the door. Once he's gone, Jonah picks up the phone again. "Where was I? Oh yes. No, don't worry, Mr. Fisk. I'll have him run out of town by New Year."

Then Jonah erupts into laughter.

Who the Hell does Jonah think he is? How dare he post this garbage about Spider-Man! I've done nothing but help people, and this guy's trying to tear me down! Yeah, well, I'm going to rip him a new one when I see him.

I look ahead and see the distinctively triangle-shaped Bugle headquarters. I continue to swing in a fit of rage. I can see Jameson's office from here. Soon, I'm close enough that I can see Jonah sitting at his desk, smoking his big fancy cigar.

I web my message, bang on the glass, and then climb upwards.

"I'll talk to you later, Wilson," Jonah says. After their final goodbyes, Jonah hangs up the phone. Not long after, he hears a banging. Jonah turns to his window. There's a note webbed to the outside.

Roof. Now.
- Spider-Man

I wait rather impatiently until the roof access door opens. Jonah walks out, and he's alone. How convenient.

I toss a copy of his trashy newspaper at him. "What do you call this?"

Jonah looks at the Bugle, as if he needs time to think of his answer. "I'd call it damn good reporting."

"Really? I call it LIBEL," I accuse. "Do we have a problem here? Why are you trying so damn hard to vilify me when I've done nothing but good for this city?!"

Jonah gets a smug smile on his face. It takes all the restraint in the world not to hit him. "No reason."

No reason?! This guy is asking for web-slinging, ass-kicking!

"No reason?!" I repeat incredulously. "So you're just picking on me for giggles?!"

Jonah shrugs. "S*** happens, kid."

I leap forward and grab him by the collar. I...I know that voice.

"What did you say?!"

"S***. Happens. Kid," he repeats slowly. He's enunciating so obnoxiously that he's spitting at he talks.

Oh my God. This is the guy. This is the guy who shot me. This is the guy in the alleyway that works for the Kingpin! J. Jonah Jameson works for the Kingpin!

"What do you know about the Kingpin?!"

"What are you babbling about?"

I pick Jonah up and hold him over the edge of the roof. I have no intention on dropping him, but maybe I can intimidate him into giving some answers.

"Want to try that again?"

"Go ahead. Drop me. You'll be arrested for murder," Jonah states. "Not that it really matters. After I walk away today, I'm going to have you arrested for assault. Enjoy the power trip while it lasts, punk."

If I was a reasonable person, I'd kick the s*** out of him. But once again, I'm not reasonable. So what do I do? I put him down on the roof and let him walk away.

I have to prove that he's corrupt. I don't know how to do it, but I know I have to.

MsMarvel.gif

I return to SIU HQ for my next briefing.

"Hey, Danvers, nice job on the Weasel case," one of my fellow Agents announces as I pass him in the hallway. I hear Brian mutter something.

"What are you muttering about now?" I ask without turning to look at him.

"Well, no one's giving me any credit!"

"You didn't do anything, remember?"
I remind him.

He shrugs. "Maybe not, but I'm your partner. We should share the glory."

"Good work, Carol!"
someone else calls out.

I turn around. "Honestly, I couldn't have done it without Agent Bagley," I lie. I turn back around. "Happy now?"

He doesn't say anything, and soon we're at the briefing room. We walk in, and our boss is waiting for us.

"You ready for this next mission, Danvers?" he asks as I sit down.

I remove my sunglasses. "I'm fine. Lay it on me."

He nods and pulls out a file. "We're investigating a Mr. A.R. Cadenski," Boss explains as he pushes the file across the table. I pick it up. There's a photo of Mr. Cadenski inside.

200px-ArcadeMarvel.jpg

"Nice bowtie," I state sarcastically as I place the photo back in the file.

Boss takes the file back and begins skimming through it. "Mr. Cadenski comes from a very wealthy family. With his inheritance, he funded an amusement park." Boss hands me another photo. It's a pick of the park entrance.

"Murderworld?" I read aloud, looking at the park's name.

"Appealing, isn't it?" Boss responds sardonically. "Ever since about a year ago, however, high-profile guests at Murderworld have been mysteriously vanishing."

"High-profile as in..."

"Politicians, diplomats, the occasional actor or actress," Boss elaborates.

I chuckle softly. "Murder at Murderworld?"

"Who would've thought?" Boss responds sarcastically. "A week ago, we sent in one of our Agents. Guess what happened to him?"

"He disappeared."

"Bingo. You're our follow-up."

I put my sunglasses back on. "Let's go."

MsMarvel.gif

Murderworld is located on one of the small islands that are part of Greece, so for this mission, Brian and myself traveled to the Mediterranean. I've actually never been there before, and it's just as beautiful as everyone implies. But I can't focus on that because I have a mission to complete.

Once we are situated in our hotel - which is located just outside the park grounds - Brian pulls up Cadenski's file on his laptop and begins typing away.

"Ok, so there are strong suspicions that Mr. Cadenski has joined an international group of assassins," Brian states, "So it's quite possible that Murderworld is his base of operations."

"Clearly,"
I agree somewhat sarcastically. "But naming it 'Murderworld' was not the smartest move if he wanted to be secretive about it."

Brian shrugs. "Sometimes the best place to hide is in plain sight."

As Brian continues to read the file, I start to unpack my things on my bed.

"It says here that as of 2004, Cadenski's only living address was right here on this island," Brian tells me. "So for the past three years, he's been living at Murderworld."

"I don't know if I'd like living on a theme park,"
I admit. "I mean, I love Disneyworld as much as the next person, but I couldn't see myself living there."

"Well, it was probably more of a convenience than a conscious decision," Brian suggests.

Something dawns on me. "You say he's been living here for 3 years. But Boss said he's only been killing for the past year or so."

"That we know about," Brian reminds me.

I shrug and go back to unpacking. It's a little creepy to think that he could have been killing people for several years before we caught him.

"Ok, we're going undercover for this one."

"That's usually fun,"
I state. "What's our cover?"

Brian pulls up an SIU file. "We are an American couple touring Europe."

I can't help but laugh.

"What?"

"We're supposed to be a couple?"
I ask incredulously. "I thought covers were supposed to be convincing."

I'm only kidding, but I see Brian getting aggravated. "What's that supposed to mean? You think a guy like me can't get a girl like you?"

I shake my head. "Forget I said anything. I was just kidding around."

Unbeknownst to the happy 'couple,' they were being monitored through a secret camera and audio feed system.

A.R. Cadenski sat back in his chair in Murderworld's Control Center. He smiled to himself, thinking of how cunning he is.

"They have no idea what they've walked into," Cadenski says to himself. "I will show them what Murderworld is capable of!"

Cadenski looked at his computer. He has pulled up an SIU file. It contains pictures and bios of Agents Carol Danvers and Brian Bagley.

Cyclops.gif

"What? Oh...the party...right..."

Crap, why did Xavier have to say it was a party. It'd be much easier to explain if he said that it was a group of mutant haters or something. But then again, I guess this guy wouldn't feel safe if we told him that.

There must be a method to the Professor's madness after all.

"Yeah, it was fine until some people decided to crash," I say - which isn't entirely a lie.

"Anyway, this whole hallway is basically a dorm, and there are a lot of empty rooms, so take your pick."
"Cheers...Scott isnt it? So...erm, what do you do round here? Like for fun....and for school for that matter. Sweet Jesus, what actually is the point of this place? Apart from helping me not create doubles of myself, which doesnt seem to have any ill affects yet," Jimmy said, choosing one of the less beaten up rooms, and dumping his bag on the suprisingly neat bed.
"Oh, by the way, if you need any hand with rebuilding this place, I once took a course in DIY...well i think it was me...well one of me anyway,"

Cyclops.gif

"Cheers...Scott isnt it? So...erm, what do you do round here? Like for fun....and for school for that matter. Sweet Jesus, what actually is the point of this place? Apart from helping me not create doubles of myself, which doesnt seem to have any ill affects yet," Jimmy said, choosing one of the less beaten up rooms, and dumping his bag on the suprisingly neat bed.
"Oh, by the way, if you need any hand with rebuilding this place, I once took a course in DIY...well i think it was me...well one of me anyway,"
"Well, we have plenty of extracurriculars," I explain as I rub the back of my neck. I keep thinking about the basement levels for all the X-Men stuff, but I know that I can't tell Jimmy about that. Not yet, anyway.

"Otherwise, it's basically like a normal boarding school...except that it's co-ed and everyone has abilities," I state. I'm combing through my brain for answers. Other than stop evil mutants, what do we do around here?

"I imagine it will only get more interesting as we gain new students."

Cyclops.gif

"Well, we have plenty of extracurriculars," I explain as I rub the back of my neck. I keep thinking about the basement levels for all the X-Men stuff, but I know that I can't tell Jimmy about that. Not yet, anyway.

"Otherwise, it's basically like a normal boarding school...except that it's co-ed and everyone has abilities," I state. I'm combing through my brain for answers. Other than stop evil mutants, what do we do around here?

"I imagine it will only get more interesting as we gain new students."
"So in the mean time i meant to do nothing?"
Jimmy rolled his eyes. He slammed his palm into the wall in frustration. A copy appeared. Jimmy turned to him.
"Shall we get started on re-building this place?"
"Sure. Nothing else to do is there?"

[BLACKOUT]SUNFIRE[/BLACKOUT]

Thoughts whiz around the mind of Shiro, mimicking that of the turbines which now grow slow and dull.

What does this mean? I can FEEL the radiation….but how?

Running out of the building and into the fresh air, he gazes at his hand, which by all scientific standards should no longer exist, feeling the energies flowing through every particle and blood vessel, Shiro can only guess hesitantly if at all.

Outstretching a shaking arm, concentration on the flow within him, shaping it’s path, directing it and centring it on the palm, then somehow willing it out of his body altogether. Streams of minute particles flee from his hand, the crackling sound from his back pocket distracts his attention, a giga-counter gone crazy. It was as if he was creating a stream of radiation. Pausing with his arms and retracting them, Shiro is still hounded by the sound of the device. Still emitting radiation somehow, fear gripped him, which only made things worse.

Grassland shrubs and small plants at his feet wilted, drooped, died. The crackling gained tempo, his panic brought forth more radiation, spreading the arc of death outwards. Deep breaths of air filled his lungs as he attempted composure, lessening the crackling, soon it became a weak hiss, then nothing but background radiation clicks.

Sweat rippled and poured from opened and trembling pores, today the world had changed, for Shiro. Tomorrow it would change for everyone.

Cyclops.gif

"So in the mean time i meant to do nothing?"
Jimmy rolled his eyes. He slammed his palm into the wall in frustration. A copy appeared. Jimmy turned to him.
"Shall we get started on re-building this place?"
"Sure. Nothing else to do is there?"
"Um...sure," I respond hesitantly. Jimmy's abilities could really come in handy with the repairs. "Once we get everyone working, it shouldn't take long."

I look around.

"I'll go find Jean. Her telekinesis could really speed along the process."

Cyclops.gif

"Um...sure," I respond hesitantly. Jimmy's abilities could really come in handy with the repairs. "Once we get everyone working, it shouldn't take long."

I look around.

"I'll go find Jean. Her telekinesis could really speed along the process."
"Jeans a girl right? I'll tag along...erm...cos i need to be introduced. Yeh thats a half decent reason,"

"No its not,"

"Who asked you? Oh...you got tv here?"

Cyclops.gif

"Jeans a girl right? I'll tag along...erm...cos i need to be introduced. Yeh thats a half decent reason,"

"No its not,"

"Who asked you? Oh...you got tv here?"
I look at Jimmy and then at his duplicate.

"We do, but the cable might've gotten knocked out during all the...chaos," I reply. I'm sincerely hoping that's not true. I was kind of hoping for some alone time with Jean, to be honest...

Cyclops.gif

I look at Jimmy and then at his duplicate.

"We do, but the cable might've gotten knocked out during all the...chaos," I reply. I'm sincerely hoping that's not true. I was kind of hoping for some alone time with Jean, to be honest...
Scott looked nervous about something. This Jean girl...did he like her? Or was he worried that we'd lost Sky?
"Dude, you like this girl?"
"Of course he does. He's sweating buckets,"
"Shut up!" Jimmy said, slapping his double round the face. It dissapeared.

Cyclops.gif

Scott looked nervous about something. This Jean girl...did he like her? Or was he worried that we'd lost Sky?
"Dude, you like this girl?"
"Of course he does. He's sweating buckets,"
"Shut up!" Jimmy said, slapping his double round the face. It dissapeared.
"Are they...always that obnoxious?" I ask, trying not to sound offensive. Frankly, all of Jimmy's duplicates have had pretty abrasive attitudes.

I shake my head, as if that's going to make it go anyway.

"Anyway, I hope you'll understand if we save the introductions for later," I state sincerely. "Why don't you go see if the cable's still working? If it is, we have over 500 channels."

I smirk. I know that's always a good thing to mention. It really makes new people feel at home.

Cyclops.gif

"Are they...always that obnoxious?" I ask, trying not to sound offensive. Frankly, all of Jimmy's duplicates have had pretty abrasive attitudes.

I shake my head, as if that's going to make it go anyway.

"Anyway, I hope you'll understand if we save the introductions for later," I state sincerely. "Why don't you go see if the cable's still working? If it is, we have over 500 channels."

I smirk. I know that's always a good thing to mention. It really makes new people feel at home.
"Normally. Though i once got a guy who qouted Shakespeare. And let me tell you, thats a real turn-off during sex...Wait...Did you say 500?" Jimmys mouth dropped.
"OH MY GOD! I'll see you later Scott!" he shouted as he ran full speed down the corridor towards the blessed TV.

Cyclops.gif

"Normally. Though i once got a guy who qouted Shakespeare. And let me tell you, thats a real turn-off during sex...Wait...Did you say 500?" Jimmys mouth dropped.
"OH MY GOD! I'll see you later Scott!" he shouted as he ran full speed down the corridor towards the blessed TV.
I smile at his enthusiasm. Maybe he'll actually start to like this place...but probably not.

Now that I'm alone, I continue to Jean's room. My heart is beating so loud that I'm afraid the whole house can hear it. As I near the door, I do my best to clear my mind.

If there's one thing you don't want, it's a telepath learning all your secrets.

[BLACKOUT]SUNFIRE[/BLACKOUT]

“What is power? Electricity, political influence, kinetic movement between particles? Mankind has always searched for power, yet has it ever truly known what power is?”

Pacing across his apartment, Dictaphone in hand, Shiro continues his analysis.

“And what of greatness? The essence of good? How intertwined with power is the concept of good versus evil? Power corrupts. Mankind searches for that which will corrupt him, knowingly committing what is a quest for evil? But, there is no such thing as evil, corruption is a perspective, as is this mysterious ‘good’ that the world seems obsessed about. There is no good and evil, only opinions, so how could power be said to corrupt?”

Grasping his hand into an almost claw like shape, a small flow of heated plasma bursts into corrosive flames, extending out from the palm, before retracting and disappearing.

“Power is not evil. Use of power is not evil. Power is merely an entity within itself, an entity which must be pursued at vital costs, but for what use? It’s not too dissimilar to the proverb of the explorer, searching for his lost city, but once he find it, what does he do then? We thirst for power, but what for? What will we do when we obtain it?”

A smile spreads across his Shiro’s thin lips.

“That is where the weaker men fail, what does one do with absolute power? Whatever he wants of course. Since the first splitting of the atom, radiation has become feared, a power not worth taming, too volatile, too dangerous. This is true power. I am true power.”

The Beyonder

He had been banished for many months. So many months, forced into the one form, his essence burning, and aching. So many months, that had been spent honing what little power he had left. By the Earth standard he was still one of the most powerful beings on the planet. But it was not like it used to be. He needed more power. He had to rule this mudball. Other wise what was the point of his existence now? In the few months since he had been created, or left, he was not sure which was more accurate, he had spent his time tracking down the most powerful mage on the planet. The Socerer Supreme. Doctor Steven Strange.

The Sanctum Sanctorum

"I've been waiting for you," Doctor Strange said, from within his pentalce. His room was full of piles of books, and gems and mirrors. There were an awful lot of mirrors. He was surrounded by a circle of white chalk.

"Oh have you dear boy? That's rather excellent isn't it!" the man in the black suit said. The man had thinning grey hair, and a cane. He had a british accent, and seemed like the kind of excited uncle you always looked forwards to seeing.

"Why are you English?"

"Well, it seems that they are normally the best magic users on this world. Seemed fitting for me to sound English I thought. Do you disagree?"

"Oh no, I quite agree," the mage said, sitting quite calmly, as he faced down almost certain death.

"You're awfully calm Steven. How did you find out I was here by the way?"

"Im the Socerer Supreme. It's my job to notice big acts of magic. A fallen angel comes very near the top of that list," Strange said, sitting crossed legged, and eying the man. The creature lost its calm composure. The greying hair stuck up on end, the eyes widened, and flem came out of the mouth.

"I HAVE NOT FALLEN!" the being said. And it was then that Steven Strange knew that he was ultimately doomed. He saw the insanity all over it's face.

"So what do you call yourself now, Angel? You cannot keep your former name, the Presence will have dealt with that," Strange said. The creatures hair flattened, and his face returned to normal.

"They call me the Beyonder now. They think I am beyond your powers to stop," The Beyonder said.

"Who are they?"

"Enough" the word was spoken quite quietly, but it was deafening to Steven"I grow tired of this questioning. Let us end this nonsense," the Beyonder said.

"I concur," Steven said, and a bolt of purple lightning shot from his chest, and leapt straight for the Beyonder. The Fallen Angel cupped his hand, and grabbed it, and twisted the bolt around his hand. Eventually it left Steven completely, and wrapped itself completely around the Beyonders hand. He struck the ground once, and nothing happened. He struck it a second time, and the chalk circle faded slightly. A third time and it vanished, leaving Steven Strange sitting cross-legged on the floor.

"You realise that I cannot be killed?" Strange croaked, looking oddly pale and drained.

"Aye I do. But that does not mean that I cannot make you suffer so much you wished you were dead," The Beyonder said, and a pure black bolt shot out of his hand, and wrapped itself around Strange's body. Strange struggled and gasped, almost dying from the pain. Except he could not die, so the pain continued. And thus it would continue until the end of time. That was His First Law.

Cyclops.gif

I stop in front of Jean's door. I take a deep breath and raise my hand to knock on the door. I can literally feel the sweat starting to bead. I'm not sure if I have the guts to do this. God, I sound like I'm 13 or something. For Christ's sake, Scott, you're 18 now. You're practically an adult, and if you can't knock on some girl's door, you're pathetic.

<Scott, you can just come in.>

Oh God. How much did she hear? This telepathy thing makes the whole situation much more awkward. Nonetheless, I open the door and walk in. Jean is making the bed.

"Couldn't you just do that in like one second with your mind if you wanted to?" I ask, trying to start some form of a conversation.

She smiles. It melts me, but I try to keep my composure. "Just because I have abilities doesn't mean I always have to use them," she reminds me. "What's up?"

I shrug, putting my hands in my pockets. "We've got a new student."

She doesn't respond. Instead, she focuses on fluffing her pillow.

"He's cool, I guess," I admit. "I didn't know if I'd like him at first, to be honest. But after talking to him, I see that he's not bad at all."

Jean steps back and examines her bed. After a second, she readjusts her pillow about a nanosecond. Once she's satisfied, she turns to me with her hand on her hip.

"Scott, besides the fact that I'm a telepath, I'm not stupid. You came here for something else," she responds.

Crap, she's caught me. Here, I'm just trying to make small talk to conceal my motives. Well, that didn't work too well at all.

"Oh...yeah," I reply, trying my best to pretend like I really did lose track, "Well, we're doing some repair work, and if you weren't busy, I was hoping you could help out."

She raises an eyebrow. She knows that's not all, but she's content to let me think I'm off the hook.

"Yeah, give me a second. I just want to finish cleaning up," she explains, her voice returning to a normal tone.

I nod sheepishly and bite my lip. With both hands in my pockets, I turn to leave.

<Scott, what's the worst that could happen if you just opened up?>

I look back over my shoulder. There's no better way to get someone's attention than to talk in their head.

"Who knows? You might get lucky," she says without looking at me. Is she implying...?

<What if I am?>

My knees start to buckle. This is hardly what I expected to happen. Not that I'm not pleasantly surprised...but the operative word is 'surprised.' I've never been all that lucky in that department, and I guess I just doubt myself when it comes to that kind of stuff.

"Look, Scott," Jean begins. Now she's turned to look me right in the eye. "Telepathy or no telepathy - it's obvious that you get butterflies in your stomach around me. At first, I thought it was just cute and flattering."

My heart sounds like a bass drum. I'm doing my best not to pass out right here in her room. Strange that I can stand up against the Brotherhood, but one read-headed girl gives me goosebumps.

"But the more I thought of it, the more I thought of you," she admits, moving closer to me. I just want to back down, but my feet are frozen in place. "And I realized that you weren't so bad yourself, Mr. Summers. I mean, I see how you take charge out in the field. Confidence is attractive, Scott." She has one hand on my chest. I'm sure she can feel my throbbing pulse. It's pretty embarrassing. "But the thing is, I don't see that kind of confidence in your personal life. You seem...shy around people. I just don't know if I can be with a guy who's so passive. I need a man, Scott."

In that instant, I know what I must do to prove myself to her. It will go against everything my brain is screaming at me to do, but I've got to man up and do it. And I have to do it without thought, lest I blow the surprise of it by having Jean hear me think it.

I grab Jean's head and pull her in swiftly for a kiss. The first few nanoseconds are the worst. That's the time when you don't know how she's going to react once the shock subsides. I just pray that I didn't blow it.

Then, I feel Jean move her hand, and I hear the door slam. Yahtzee!

Oh God...please tell me that she wasn't just in my head right then. Her giggling signifies that she did. We break the kiss as she starts to giggle harder.

<Was that so hard?>

Not at all. And the payoff was definitely worth it.

Jean pulls away and returns to her cleaning. "Like I said, I'll be down in a second," she states as if nothing extraordinary just happened. I can clearly see the smile on her face though.

For the time being, I'm untouchable. I feel like I could take on anything right now.

Spider-Man.gif

I have class today. It'll be the first time that I'll see Gwen after accidentally 'blowing her off.' Needless to say, I'm terribly anxious. I mean, I probably blew my sole chance at the girl of my dreams. Not that I had a great chance in the first place, but it was a chance. And for all I know, it's gone now.

I walk into class - on time for a change - and Gwen's already sitting down. She doesn't seem upset, so I guess that's a good thing. Nonetheless, my heart is pounding as I approach her.

"Hi, Gwen," I greet her sheepishly as I take my seat. "I'm sorry about our cram session...I overslept."

She doesn't say anything. On the bright side, that means she isn't yelling at me.

"If you want, we can reschedule..."

"It's okay. I'm caught up."

Ouch. Well, I should've expected it. I mean, what did you think she would do? After all, I've got that 'Parker luck,' as I like to call it.

"Oh..."

She turns around and faces me. "But if you still want to get dinner some time..."

I swear, my hair could've been on fire right then, and I wouldn't have cared. Is Gwen insinuating that I, Peter Parker, could take her out on a date? Not a study session, but an actual date? This has to be impossible!

"Yeah...uh...I'd definitely want that," I admit.

She grabs my hand and writes her phone number on my palm. All I can think is: I hope this isn't a fake number.

"Call me and we'll set something up," she responds as she turns back around in her seat. Professor Octavius started the class, but I was still in catatonic shock. I think my mouth stayed open for a good 15 to 20 minutes.

"Listen to me!" Norman Osborn barks into the phone. "I gave you my word, and I'm not backing down from that! The performance enhancers will be ready for testing by January!"

The woman on the other end of the phone sighs. "Mister Osborn, you've been promising progress for months," she reminds him. "Now, we've warned you before...if we don't see results, we're pulling your funding."

"You can't do that!"
Norman exclaims as he slams his fist down on his desk.

"Mister Osborn, Stark Industries prides itself in making smart investments. OsCorp is not a smart investment."

And before Norman can protest, the woman hangs up. Norman chucks his phone across the room. There's a knock on his door.

"WHAT?!"

Norman's receptionist walks in. "Mister Osborn, your son is here."

Norman rolls his eyes. "I really don't have time for this."

"I understand, sir. But you did say that you'd spend some time with him this week."

"That was before I knew that my company's future was at stake!"

The receptionist doesn't move.

"Fine! Send him in."

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back