• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

DC Films The DC Studios News and Discussion Thread

It was great to see Gadot’s quick cameo but they need to reboot Wonder Woman too.

2024 is a year before they're planning to start the DCU. WW3 wouldn't have interfered with rebooting Wonder Woman, and so far it looks like they're not rebooting her immediately.

2024 is a year before they're planning to start the DCU. WW3 wouldn't have interfered with rebooting Wonder Woman, and so far it looks like they're not rebooting her immediately.
It would have had the same problem that Flash and Aquaman are having, James Gunn’s DCU. Plus Wonder Woman 84 was really bad. Gunn is not gonna change Batman/Superman and leave Gail.

Supposedly The Flash did well with the secret screenings. I don’t think those reports were fake. Maybe if the movie ended with one of the other two endings maybe it would have hit different. To me the general audience is saying they are tired of the Snyderverse, actors getting legal passes, B level or lower superheroes from DC, and multiverse movies. If this movie came out before all the Marvel stuff like it was supposed to, maybe it hits different.

I don't think they were fake either , though it does make me wonder what the make up of the test audiences were.

Were they mostly male , skewing more to towards people in their 40s and above , demographic stuff like that.

In other words, were these test audiences more reflective of the type of a wider demographic that this film needed to appeal to .

I think a big part of the positive test-screenings was them being told the version they were seeing was “unfinished,” which everyone assumed meant VFX, and not a missing gag ending.

Going by social media reactions, the unfinished VFX had a huge huge negative effect on WOM. Everyone's clowning on the terrible CGI lol

You can't offer a ton of fan screenings weeks in advance and then act surprised when the fans aren't there opening night. Not to mention all of the leaked videos on social media and reddit spoiling the cameos and showcasing the terrible CGI.

I certainly didn't expect it to outright bomb like this, but I've had a feeling the last few weeks that WB wasn't feeling so good about it. The marketing blitz had an air of desperation to it.

2024 would've been a good time to release a third Jenkins WW film.

It's still crazy how Wondy isn't getting a whole trilogy.

I don’t think it ever would have been finished in time for 2024.

Personally, I think Jenkins left herself in a creative dead end. She made WW all about a man. If she was going to make it about the Amazons then I definitely see why Gunn wouldn’t want a WW3. It directly competes with what he wants to do.

Regardless of this, Gunn and Safran didn’t scrap WW3, De Luca and Abdy did because they thought the scriptment was garbage.

I don’t think it ever would have been finished in time for 2024.

Personally, I think Jenkins left herself in a creative dead end. She made WW all about a man. If she was going to make it about the Amazons then I definitely see why Gunn wouldn’t want a WW3. It directly competes with what he wants to do.

Regardless of this, Gunn and Safran didn’t scrap WW3, De Luca and Abdy did because they thought the scriptment was garbage.

She didn't leave herself in a creative dead end. She had WW3 planned out all with an Amazon spin off.

She didn't leave herself in a creative dead end. She had WW3 planned out all with an Amazon spin off.

It was a dead end to most of the fans. And well the DCEU was a dead end and she was going off that.

Just because a script was written doesn't mean it was good or made sense as part of a narrative. WW84 made no sense after Wonder Woman and BvS.

It was a dead end to most of the fans. And well the DCEU was a dead end and she was going off that.

Just because a script was written doesn't mean it was good or made sense as part of a narrative. WW84 made no sense after Wonder Woman and BvS.

Except it wasn't a dead end to most fans. To you maybe.

No one said the script was good but you also can't say it's bad and didn't make sense w/the previous 2 films.

Patty said from the beginning she was practically ignoring BvS just as Wan did.

Not making sense with a seismic disaster that was such a failure it threw the entire bad universe plan off the rails to such a degree that we are still reckoning with its aftershocks is not a negative in my eyes.

For as much of a prick as Zazlov is I doubt he ******es Nolan like AT&T did...

you must not be keeping up with the news. WB is trying to mend their relationship with Nolan and let him use their lot to do post production work on Oppenheimer.

ooops. Time to go off on another weird Nolan tirade.

you must not be keeping up with the news. WB is trying to mend their relationship with Nolan and let him use their lot to do post production work on Oppenheimer.

ooops. Time to go off on another weird Nolan tirade.
That's quite funny. In a way I hope he tells them they can go **** themselves. Once he's finished post, of course.

Going by social media reactions, the unfinished VFX had a huge huge negative effect on WOM. Everyone's clowning on the terrible CGI lol
A lot of people don't want to admit this stuff matters, but it does. Especially when you are seeing a lot of impressive work getting rewarded by audiences.

It's almost like Patty was making her own series of films and didn't give a crap about some edgelord living out his Ayn Rand fantasies. And thus a final film in her series, which finished the story of the character made sense...

The two most successful films in the entire franchise didn't give jack **** about those horrid movies, outside of some throwaway bits. With Wonder Woman you can see where Patty starts and the BS begins. It's incredible really.

It's almost like Patty was making her own series of films and didn't give a crap about some edgelord living out his Ayn Rand fantasias. And thus a final third film, in her series, which closed the story of the character made sense...
This. Patty had ample justification for ignoring BvS. If anything it would have been healthier for the franchise as a whole if they'd just quietly ignored and retconned that movie instead of drawing any attention to it.

This. Patty had ample justification for ignoring BvS. If anything it would have been healthier for the franchise as a whole if they'd just quietly ignored and retconned that movie instead of drawing any attention to it.
The bookends of WW are absolutely hilarious. They are such obvious studio mandates, that have zero to do with the actual film itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"