Arrow The Emily Bett Rickards/ Felicity Smoak Thread

It's obvious that something will happen....

I was a bit concerned they were going to drastically change Felicity after the end of last season, losing the comicalness that makes her likeable, but I like the growth we saw in the episode.

I noticed a slight change in her in the premier. I hope the showrunners don' try to 'sexy her up' too much due to fan popularity. Don't get me wrong she's sexy as hell, and i loved seeing her legs this past ep but her quirky/awkwardness is what also made her a fan favorite.

The only potential problem with that is that you can only do the "quirky/awkward" thing for so long before the character becomes stagnant and it appears that they're not progressing/growing. Also, it could eventually stop being cute/endearing and start becoming annoying.

The only potential problem with that is that you can only do the "quirky/awkward" thing for so long before the character becomes stagnant and it appears that they're not progressing/growing. Also, it could eventually stop being cute/endearing and start becoming annoying.

I think Felicity has a nice balance of quirkiness in the first place. She can be serious as well, but is just naturally funny without trying to be overly quirky. It's different to characters in other shows (eg Abby in NCIS... or well, most of the NCIS characters) where they're constantly being quirky at absolutely everything and also try to speak quickly to sound even quirkier. That becomes grating.

If they ramped Felicity up to Abby's level then yes, she would become annoying, but fortunately she isn't remotely like that at the moment.

Hey, don't diss Abby. I really like her.

She's really annoying. This is an impression of her:

Abby: "Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs... I've found X... oh but now it's made me think of Y... oh but I digress now..."

Gibbs: "Abby!!"

Abby: "Oh sorry Gibbs... did you get my Kafpow btw... and do you like my music? Oh but I digress again... what was I saying?"

Oliver's "man****e senses" must be tingling right about now.

bZ7WwG1.jpg

P0CF9IT.jpg

84PwNfd.jpg

Beauties! :hrt:

Both might be Ollieized by the end of the season, lucky bastard! :D

Is that a euphemism for what happened to Laurel when Tommy saw them through the window? :oldrazz:

Good thing none of the Ultimate universe from Marvel seeps into this or else Thea would be Ollieized as well.

There's already a (small) section of fans for that pairing..... I think there is at least one fan out there for every single permutation of pairings....

There's already a (small) section of fans for that pairing..... I think there is at least one fan out there for every single permutation of pairings....

A small section of fans for an Ollie-Thea pairing? :wow: :huh: :dry:

I would still love to see Felicity with Diggle.

Summer and Emily in the same scene? Wow, my pants are shrinking!

Summer and Emily in the same scene? Wow, my pants are shrinking!

Yeah but Emily seems like a much nicer girl. Summer comes across rather cold and a bit of a *****. Emily is much warmer and funnier.

Yes, I also support Diggle/Felicity more than Oliver/Felicity. Given his track record, Oliver will probably hook up with both of those lovely ladies before the season is out, and possibly Black Canary to.

I think Diggle and Felicity have good chemistry, but I'm not sure if the show will go that route.

I don't either, I just think that it would work better than her and Oliver. That being said, all of Oliver/Felicity's interactions in the premiere were fantastic, so I'm more ok with them trying it than I was in season 1.

The reason Felicity works better with Ollie than the other girls is that Ollie is always the straight man (a straight arrow :funny:) and girls like Laurel or Helena or even that detective were also playing the straight woman. So two straights like that make it bland and boring. With Felicity, she is more of the funny woman and cracks jokes and pokes fun at things. That's why she makes it more interesting.

I don't know if Black Canary is also going to be a straight woman or someone funny. I don't imagine it will probably be the latter though. And certainly Summer Glau isn't the funny woman. It seems the CW likes the straight woman more and tries to put them together with the straight man, but that just makes for bad chemistry and interaction.

Diggle would also qualify as a "straight man." Heck, he's more serious and dour than Oliver most of the time. Personally, I thought that Oliver and McKenna (the cop) had some pretty good chemistry.

I don't know if Black Canary is also going to be a straight woman or someone funny. I don't imagine it will probably be the latter though. And certainly Summer Glau isn't the funny woman. It seems the CW likes the straight woman more and tries to put them together with the straight man, but that just makes for bad chemistry and interaction.

I can see Canary being funny. Perhaps not at first, because there will certainly be some tension between her and Oliver, but I think it'd be a bit of a missed opportunity to not give her a sense of humor.

EDIT:
Diggle would also qualify as a "straight man." Heck, he's more serious and dour than Oliver most of the time. Personally, I thought that Oliver and McKenna (the cop) had some pretty good chemistry.

I disagree. Diggle's pretty chill; Oliver's just uptight.

Last edited:
Well, that smirk at the end of the episode was fun. She might have some kind of sense of humor. However, if the descriptions are right, you don't want to piss her off.

I hope they tone down Felicity a little bit from last week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"