Arrow The Emily Bett Rickards/ Felicity Smoak Thread

Yeah but Emily seems like a much nicer girl. Summer comes across rather cold and a bit of a *****. Emily is much warmer and funnier.

Any evidence to support this? In interviews Summer just comes across and somewhat quiet and reserved, nothing *****y about that, and she attended a ton of Firefly/Serenity conventions and spoke to fans.

Felicity was one of the best parts of the episode. I loved how indignant she was about being "promoted".

And Felicity just continues to be awesome. :awesome:

WdhL5ss.gif
9MXsy2G.gif

gOHfuR0.gif
coJLibT.gif

ghqGRV9.gif
TQN9jJw.gif

Man, I hope felicity is neither killed off nor sent away from the show.

Heck, I wouldn't be complaining at all if she ended up with Oliver at the end of the series.

People say that she's like the "Chloe" of the show and while there are a lot of similarities, I think she's more of a hybrid between Smallville's Chloe and Lois where she started out as a sidekick to the main hero, but she's also provided some much needed comic relief and less tense moments in the hero's life.

I can't imagine what the show would be like if something happened to her. And even Diggle. Team Arrow is one of the best thing about this show.

And more Felicity.

8z14Bba.gif
0xD7sqd.gif

oTr6yBX.gif
BAEqwR8.gif

Felicity continues to be a highlight.

Roy is treading a very fine line here...

That ending...

Man, could they make it any more obvious that Felicity wants to be in bed with Oliver at least once in her life?lol

Don't let liking a character cloud your judgement of the actress. Both Summer and Emily seem like nice girls and both seem to play their part well, although obviously jury is out on Summer until we see more.

Emily is this shows top female though, and not by design. The viewers just warm to her. She's made this character her own. If they'd known how over she'd be before they started then she would have probably been written better, but at least they were smart enough to change direction and re-write the role for her rather than just let her be an extra. She's front and centre of the poster now, so well done her.

There's also the fact that Felicity is one of the main heroes, whereas Isabel is an antagonist and potentially even an out and out villain. You're SUPPOSED to like Felicity better.

Man, Felicity was looking super hot in those office outfits in the past ep. :hrt:

Laurel continues to suck the air out of the room with every scene she's in, while Felicity ignites it!

Last edited:
I like Felicity, a lot, in the review I did for this episode I put her as a "+" for why this episode was so good.

There's just that funniness about her that makes her beautiful in my eyes.

I just read on her imdb page that she is born in 91? That makes her 3 years younger than me:wow: She looks a lot older than that in my opinion.

Tell me about it. That makes it a 10 year difference between her and Amell and they look like they could be pretty much the same age.

I bet she looks a lot younger in person but the way she is made up and dressed on the show makes her look more mature, especially with the glasses. In person she could look just like a girl.

The reason Felicity works better with Ollie than the other girls is that Ollie is always the straight man (a straight arrow :funny:) and girls like Laurel or Helena or even that detective were also playing the straight woman. So two straights like that make it bland and boring. With Felicity, she is more of the funny woman and cracks jokes and pokes fun at things. That's why she makes it more interesting.

I don't know if Black Canary is also going to be a straight woman or someone funny. I don't imagine it will probably be the latter though. And certainly Summer Glau isn't the funny woman. It seems the CW likes the straight woman more and tries to put them together with the straight man, but that just makes for bad chemistry and interaction.

Actually Oliver's real personality is more of the funny type, just like Felicity. If you look at Ollie during pre and on island he is a lot like a "male Felicity", he is a lot more serious now because of trauma but even in the present day he still has a good sense of humour, and has laid back and funny personality is coming back a bit more with time. Fandom loves it when two characters have contrasting personalities, but lol they actually get it wrong with Oliver/Felicity, their personalities are actually a lot alike. The show actually got it right, with Oliver/laurel, Laurel is the "straight man" in the relationship while Ollie is the funny and goofy one, a bit like in the comics. So no Felicity doesn't actually work better with Oliver for that reason you started, its actually the other women, Shado, Laurel, Mckenna as L.Is who works well with Oliver for that reason, and Felicity as a friend.

Diggle would also qualify as a "straight man." Heck, he's more serious and dour than Oliver most of the time.

Exactly, Digs is a lot more of the straight man than Ollie. And I would say Slade as well.

Last edited:
Actually Oliver's real personality is more of the funny type, just like Felicity. If you look at Ollie during pre and on island he is a lot like a "male Felicity", he is a lot more serious now because of trauma but even in the present day he still has a good sense of humour, and has laid back and funny personality is coming back a bit more with time. Fandom loves it when two characters have contrasting personalities, but lol they actually get it wrong with Oliver/Felicity, their personalities are actually a lot alike. The show actually got it right, with Oliver/laurel, Laurel is the "straight man" in the relationship while Ollie is the funny and goofy one, a bit like in the comics. So no Felicity doesn't actually work better with Oliver for that reason you started, its actually the other women, Shado, Laurel, Mckenna as L.Is who works well with Oliver for that reason, and Felicity as a friend.

Exactly, Digs is a lot more of the straight man than Ollie. And I would say Slade as well.

Doesn't matter what Oliver's real personality is like, especially in the comics. It's what it's like in the series. That's what counts because that's where we're seeing the interaction between the actors. Amell is more of the straight man. He doesn't play the funny man. Felicity without a doubt is the funny one in the show. Emily has far more chemistry with Amell and her naturally funny personality contrasts with Amell's more serious one on the show.

Both Amell and Cassidy are serious on the show. There is no contrast there. Apart from that, Cassidy has terrible chemistry with everyone.

People say that she's like the "Chloe" of the show and while there are a lot of similarities, I think she's more of a hybrid between Smallville's Chloe and Lois where she started out as a sidekick to the main hero, but she's also provided some much needed comic relief and less tense moments in the hero's life.

It's funny because that is who she reminds me of too. Normally, I'm not one to go against comic pairings, but in this case I would love to see Felicity and Oliver hook up. It also helps that Cassidy is very unlikeable.

Felicity is definitely one most likable and naturally beautiful characters that I've ever seen on a TV Show, which is a big credit to the skills that Emily brings to the role.

If Oliver is to end up with ANYONE on this show, let it be Felicity please...as long as she doesn't change for the worse.

Felicity is definitely one most likable and naturally beautiful characters that I've ever seen on a TV Show, which is a big credit to the skills that Emily brings to the role.

If Oliver is to end up with ANYONE on this show, let it be Felicity please...as long as she doesn't change for the worse.

This and or maybe sara, heck anyone but Laurel!

Doesn't matter what Oliver's real personality is like, especially in the comics. It's what it's like in the series. That's what counts because that's where we're seeing the interaction between the actors. Amell is more of the straight man. He doesn't play the funny man. Felicity without a doubt is the funny one in the show. Emily has far more chemistry with Amell and her naturally funny personality contrasts with Amell's more serious one on the show.

Both Amell and Cassidy are serious on the show. There is no contrast there. Apart from that, Cassidy has terrible chemistry with everyone

Im aware there are difference in comic Ollie and show Ollie, but Im also talking about whats he is like in the show too, his trauma aside his real personality still shines through imo. He is not this serious guy who never cracks or get a joke that he is made out to be by fandom, especially the Oliver/Felicity fandom. I disagree he is that much of a straight man and that Felicity is a complete opposite to him ymmv on that, fair enough. I think there is too much fandom obsession with opposites attracts anyway, people with similar personalities, interests, values etc can work as as well and be entertaining to watch.

Chloe did all that for Clark, I dont see how Felicity is hybrid of Chloe & Lois, its the lois part dont agree with mostly. Clark & Lois didnt like each other very much especially in the beggining and were mostly always arguing, I would say she was a source of tension for the hero, while he got on very well with Chloe.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"