Eternals The Eternals General Disscussion and Speculation thread

Okay so let's do a quick recap of the situation.

The characters who have already been cast are:

Thena - Angelina Jolie
Ikaris - Richard Madden
Kingo - Kumail Nanjiani
Makkari - Lauren Ridloff
Phastos - Bryan Tyree Henry
Ajak - Salma Hayek
Sprite - Lia McHugh
Gilgamesh - Don Lee

Characters who were on the alleged casting call:

"Karen"
Male lead described as a "greek god" (not Ikaris)
Druig
Elysius
Sersi
Starfox
Zuras

Is this legit (casting call) or just fan-cast.
also: yay to Keoghan as Eros

the list is legit but it was from "old" casting call + new one. things are changed.
also some of them obviously is small roles.

"So I'd say there are a few more key characters to be cast in Eternals. Also keep in mind that a few months ago, I told you that I had heard there were a few characters from the OG breakdowns that probably didn't make the cut."

With the potentially huge cast this has, does anyone think that Marvel may be targeting a one-shot movie? I think it's possible they'll use the story to expand the scope of their cinematic universe but aren't necessarily planning any sequels.

Then again, have we heard anything about Deviant casting?

With the potentially huge cast this has, does anyone think that Marvel may be targeting a one-shot movie? I think it's possible they'll use the story to expand the scope of their cinematic universe but aren't necessarily planning any sequels.

nope. only eternals.
I can see them introducing eternals universe with the movie and makinig eternals Disney+ series with supporting role characters for smaller stories or use them more in there or others.

Is it possible? Sure. Do I think that's the case? No. The only movie so far with no sequels is Hulk and that's because of the issues with Paramount. Black Widow is possibly a one shot movie since she's dead (and even then they could potentially do another one starring the Yelena Belova Black Widow...if that character lives through the first one).

If Eternals fails then there probably won't be sequels, but otherwise I think it will be mcu business as usual. Plus a big cast doesn't mean every character has a big role...or that they all survive this first movie.

Is it possible? Sure. Do I think that's the case? No. The only movie so far with no sequels is Hulk and that's because of the issues with Paramount. Black Widow is possibly a one shot movie since she's dead (and even then they could potentially do another one starring the Yelena Belova Black Widow...if that character lives through the first one).

If Eternals fails then there probably won't be sequels, but otherwise I think it will be mcu business as usual. Plus a big cast doesn't mean every character has a big role...or that they all survive this first movie.
RIP Sprite.

I think this could act as a proving ground for handling the X-Men. A lot of similar issues with a sprawling cast and interlocking mythology.

This makes a lot of sense. They could even put some of the characters in other franchise.

This makes a lot of sense. They could even put some of the characters in other franchise.
Yeah, to be clear, I don't think that we'll never see the characters again, but this movie might be more of a table-setting movie than anything else.

Putting characters in other franchises doesn't really mean there'd be no Eternals sequels, though. Black Widow started out in Iron Man, moved to Avengers, then to Cap. Falcon went from Cap to Avengers to Ant-Man. I expect at least one Eternal to become an Avenger eventually . They have a few from comic canon they could pick if they want to.

Ikaris or Sersi, or both could very well end up as Avengers. I wouldn't be surprised

Putting characters in other franchises doesn't really mean there'd be no Eternals sequels, though.
Nor did I say otherwise. My question was based on the large cast that seems a bit more star-studded than normal.

Who do you think wil Gemma Chan will be playing? Sersi or Elysiuis?

Nor did I say otherwise. My question was based on the large cast that seems a bit more star-studded than normal.

Don Lee is big in Korea from what I've read. Otherwise the only ones that could be considered "big stars" are Jolie and Hayek. Neither one of them is really a box office star these days (can't really say Hayek ever was that). While having them definitely won't hurt, the marvel brand is what will sell this flick.

Clearly it's because Marvel doesn't trust A WOMEN to do a good job by herself!!!!!!!!

Who do you think wil Gemma Chan will be playing? Sersi or Elysiuis?
According to scoopers she's playing the lead. Who's the lead? Nobody knows. It could be Sersi, Margo Damian or even an amalgamation of both.

Maybe it’s because of the Ektachrome thing? Maybe, since Zhao is more comfortable with the 16mm and the Ektachrome, this guy has been hired to take on the more CGI-heavy side of things.
Could be!

Clearly it's because Marvel doesn't trust A WOMEN to do a good job by herself!!!!!!!!

According to scoopers she's playing the lead. Who's the lead? Nobody knows. It could be Sersi, Margo Damian or even an amalgamation of both.
I thought all of them are lead characters.

Starfox is far more likely IMO

I can't see it, not when his entire iconic powerset is "Living Date Rape Drug". Some characters just do not work anymore ( and by "anymore" I mean "in the last twenty years minimum" ).

I can't see it, not when his entire iconic powerset is "Living Date Rape Drug". Some characters just do not work anymore ( and by "anymore" I mean "in the last twenty years minimum" ).

They can easily change his powerset. Scarlet Witch isn't "levitation/mental illusion" girl in the comics like she is in the movies. Mantis isn't airhead "psychic touch girl" in the comics, etc.

"I'm directing second unit on Eternals now," DeLeeuw revealed. "I'm going to stay with the Marvel family since it's a lot of fun. It's fun playing with superheroes."

It should be noted the visual effects guru pulled the same gig when Avengers: Endgame returned for additional filming after principal photography had already wrapped. For the uninitiated, second unit directors often times lead the teams on the shows not involving any part of the principal cast. Depending on the production, this could include things like establishing shots, stunts, and the like.

Starfox's ability to "excite the pleasure centers of the brain" doesn't have to be quite so rapey if he didn't also use his powers to have sex with people. Like, if he used his powers to just make angry people happy, it would be nowhere near as bad.

That's a long way of saying, if they did Starfox, they could either have his personality or his powers but not both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"