Eternals The Eternals General Disscussion and Speculation thread

I wouldn't say the cast is too big. The two biggest names are Angelina Jolie and Salma Hayek. Then afterwards maybe Richard Madden and possibly Gemma Chan. But the general audience won't know most of the names. The cast isn't really any bigger than many other movies which aren't even comic book films.

Doesn't Star Wars have a big cast? Or some of these Oscar-winning films?

We still don't know which one of the male characters is the gay one. Since Sersi and Black Knight were a thing in the comics, my guess is Ikaris.

Why? Thor's cast of characters included: Thor, Loki, Sif, Heimdall, Fandrall, Volstagg, Hogun, Odin, Frigga, Jane Foster, Selvieg, Darcy, Laufey, Phil Coulson. That's 14 characters. In Eternals we know of about 11 characters so far. It's been said several times before but bears repeating: not every character is going to have a big role.
I think the biggest complaint I have is a lot of these characters shouldn't be bit roles. Black Knight, Sersi, Ikaris, Gilgamesh, etc. can't be reduced to the level of Hogun in Thor: The Dark World.

I like the simple, unassuming aspect of the costumes. Things in general appear to be shaping up well.

We still don't know which one of the male characters is the gay one. Since Sersi and Black Knight were a thing in the comics, my guess is Ikaris.

That would be cute. There’s a rumour that one of the eternals is having an affair with a human! Big no no but oh my gosh so perfect for Ikaris and even more so if he’s family

I think the biggest complaint I have is a lot of these characters shouldn't be bit roles. Black Knight, Sersi, Ikaris, Gilgamesh, etc. can't be reduced to the level of Hogun in Thor: The Dark World.

Curious why you feel that way about Gilgamesh in particular.

It's just a concept art.

Remember the Captain Marvel concept art?
They really improved her costume. It's one of the best in the MCU.

Richard Madden's Ikaris has a comic history being married to a woman and having a child so I don't believe it'll be him which leads me to believe that the gay character will be either Kumail Nanjiani's Kingo or Don Lee's Gilgamesh.

Richard Madden's Ikaris has a comic history being married to a woman and having a child so I don't believe it'll be him which leads me to believe that the gay character will be either Kumail Nanjiani's Kingo or Don Lee's Gilgamesh.
Why not? It literally says the character is married and has a family. Maybe it’s just him not being married to a woman. I wouldn’t be upset about that.

Why not? It literally says the character is married and has a family. Maybe it’s just him not being married to a woman. I wouldn’t be upset about that.
The tragic part of how Ikaris got his known name in the comics is because his son Icarus died from flying too high and he took on the name in his memory. If they decide to not include that part in the film version's backstory, then that might be the way they go. I say add it to one of the others so they have more backstory filled in than they do in the comics.

Last edited:
Marvel’s had a few father/son relationships that weren’t biological.

mOxnUv3.jpg

The tragic part of how Ikaris got his known name in the comics is because his son Icarus died from flying too high and he took on the name in his memory. If they decide to not include that part in the film version's backstory, then that might be the way they go. I say add it to one of the others so they have more backstory filled in than they do in the comics.
He can still have that backstory, even if he’s gay.

This cast is too big. I'm starting to have a bad feeling about this movie. The costumes are boring, nothing stands out.
It only feels big because we haven't seen these characters before in a movie and personally speaking, I don't really know them. In comparison, the X-Men had 12 characters in their first movie (7 X-Men, 4 Brotherhood, 1 Senator). While gotg had 11 characters (5 Guardians, 2 Nova Corps, 3 villains, 1 Yondu).

I'm guessing it's similar to putting Black Widow in Iron Man 2. He'll debut here and possibly branch off elsewhere. If they did a mcu version of Captain Britain & MI 13 (or maybe they'd call it Excalibur) that would get a :up: from me.
I want a Black Knight film!
well at least he's debuting in a film.

Salma is like a happy fangirl and it’s just so awesome to see. Jolie still seems very new, very unfamiliar with this whole thing - but that’s okay, she’ll have plenty of time to grow into the role.

Salma is like a happy fangirl and it’s just so awesome to see. Jolie still seems very new, very unfamiliar with this whole thing - but that’s okay, she’ll have plenty of time to grow into the role.

The little girl is ready to punch someone in the face, lmao. She looks so cute and excited :hrt:.

Overall, I think Sprite and Sersi are the only ones that kind of look like their comics counterparts. Black Knight not so much but I still like Kit Harrington for the role. The rest of the castings evoke something totally different to a degree where I don't know what to expect of this movie.

I have an open mind as the movie will more than likely stand on it's own. As a more obscure property, perhaps it'll be reinvented to a degree into it's own thing.

The costumes I think will maybe appear more natural seen throughout than in the background images seen on stage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"