Eternals The Eternals General Disscussion and Speculation thread

Very impressive work to achieve what he achieved. Of course, all with the help of a trainer. It pays to be in a Marvel movie, fitness-wise.
I'm glad he clarified as much in his post. He wouldn't necessarily have been able to do that by himself and without the best trainers in the world.

Kumail, Chris Pratt and others need to make a movie about chubby guys getting in shape and transforming themselves.

Kumail, Chris Pratt and others need to make a movie about chubby guys getting in shape and transforming themselves.

That's actually a great idea for a movie, preferably a comedy. It could be called "Superhero Shape" and be about the grueling process of an actor going from a normal or slightly chubby build to a full-on greek god.

Went looking for hardcover versions of the kirby eternals omnibus but brand new they are 900 dollars! That marvel studios effect

Used are in the 300 range

This was on Amazon

2020 Fandango Poll of Most Anticipated Movies (USA)

1. “Wonder Woman 1984”
  2. “Black Widow”
  3. Marvel’s “Eternals”
  4. “Mulan”
  5. “No Time to Die”
  6. “A Quiet Place 2”
  7. “Birds of Prey”
  8. “In the Heights”
  9. Pixar’s “Soul”
  10. “Fast & Furious 9”

A virtually unknown property. No trailer, no advertising, no marketing of any kind.

The power of the Marvel brand.

Geez top four properties most anticipated are all directed by women. That’s pretty cool.

I hope the LGBTIQ moment in Eternals is better than the Star Wars one. Imagine if after all that hype the gay character is just a background character who has one quick smooch that can be cut out for the middle eastern version haha

Geez top four properties most anticipated are all directed by women. That’s pretty cool.

I hope the LGBTIQ moment in Eternals is better than the Star Wars one. Imagine if after all that hype the gay character is just a background character who has one quick smooch that can be cut out for the middle eastern version haha

Finn & Poe should have been a romantic couple and the idiots in charge know it. Abrams talked a good game but when it came down to it, he only paid lip service to representation and then patted himself on the back for it. Lucasfilm obviously lacks the courage of its convictions, if not convictions altogether.

Well the gay character in Eternals is an actual cast member. I wasn't keeping up with any pre-release hype regarding Star Wars...was that kiss made to be a bigger deal by the director or something?

It’s been something JJ has talked about since the force awakens just for it to be literally a second long

Went looking for hardcover versions of the kirby eternals omnibus but brand new they are 900 dollars! That marvel studios effect

Used are in the 300 range

This was on Amazon

Give it some time and they will probably re-release it. They did that with the Walt Simonson Thor Omnibus in the past.

Finn & Poe should have been a romantic couple and the idiots in charge know it. Abrams talked a good game but when it came down to it, he only paid lip service to representation and then patted himself on the back for it. Lucasfilm obviously lacks the courage of its convictions, if not convictions altogether.

I honestly don't know for sure if the Finn/Poe thing was ever really meant to be anything. It's possible, but I always thought people may have just been reading too much into their interactions in TFA (which could have been attraction, but also might have just been a "buddy" relationship). Because Finn pretty clearly has a thing for Rey from the get-go. Now, it's possible that he was always intended to be bi or pan, but I doubt it, given how somehow mainstream Hollywood still can't grasp the concept that a person can be attracted to people of all genders. Granted, comments by JJ and Oscar Isaac have fueled a lot of the speculation, but I think that if JJ did eventually include a Finn/Poe romance, it would have been largely due to fan service (much like that Rey/Ben kiss was). I'm not saying that fan service is wrong, I'm just saying that I'm not sure that Finn and Poe were ever intended to be LGBTQ characters. And if they were, then that should have been clearer and not something that still needed confirmation three movies into the series.

EN6riG9XsAMp6Km

EN6rjXiX4AAPhOH

A virtually unknown property. No trailer, no advertising, no marketing of any kind.

Top 3 all CBMs. They really are dominating these days.

Oh I thought that was Richard madden! All whiteys look the same

Really excited to see Gemma Chan in a bigger genre role.

same, I think she has so much charisma and star potential. Plus I’m excited to see Sersi as a household name

Any Marvel Cinematic Universe film is guaranteed to be a success.

The New Mutants and Morbius though aren't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"