Eternals The Eternals General Disscussion and Speculation thread

“The story takes place across two time periods. One storyline is set in the past when they operated as a formidable team and a close family unit. The second storyline is in the present, when the group has fractured and split apart, content to live among humans, hiding in plain sight. The prevailing threat of the Deviants, which once again threatens the existence of mankind, means the Eternals need to put their differences aside and regroup.”

Interesting. This is so Lost with the ensemble cast, flashbacks and present day scenes.

IG80lj4.jpeg

“The story takes place across two time periods. One storyline is set in the past when they operated as a formidable team and a close family unit. The second storyline is in the present, when the group has fractured and split apart, content to live among humans, hiding in plain sight. The prevailing threat of the Deviants, which once again threatens the existence of mankind, means the Eternals need to put their differences aside and regroup.”

Interesting. This is so Lost with the ensemble cast, flashbacks and present day scenes.

The flashbacks scene could turn boring really fast. I hope its not a 50:50 but more a 20:80. An equal story concept dont work for me, the last example was this Jupiter Ascending series.

The flashback scenes are probably mostly eXposition, so all the eXplaining and world building could be more interesting to me, than them Assembling in the present day.

I liked the team one, since they are releasing more stuff. Probably a good time for me to layoff and avoid possible spoilers like the toys and all that they release like interviews.

Well its only a month away!:applaudAnd we should get early word of mouth in 2 to 3 weeks.:D:

Straight from my AMC App:

Screenshot_20211006-130757.jpg

Is the celestial head "Knowhere" going to appear in this film? I 'm reading around that Jemiah could be Knowhere we seen in GotG.

We will see. This movie is going to cover 1000 years of MCU history, so maybe that will be covered

Avengers EG - 3h 1min
Eternals - 2h 37min
Avengers IW - 2h 29min

It’s going to be the second longest MCU film.

Avengers EG - 3h 1min
Eternals - 2h 37min
Avengers IW - 2h 29min

Didn't know that for sure, but knew it was one of the longer ones. It seems like they have a lot of ground to cover.

I'm starting to see the formidable Marvel PR machine gearing up for the release of this movie. Love or hate the movies, Disney/Marvel knows how to market a movie.

Avengers EG - 3h 1min
Eternals - 2h 37min
Avengers IW - 2h 29min

Makes sense, not sure how many of these characters survive, just don't see Jolie being a 3-6 movie deal like they tend to have. She is likely a main draw for actors for super casual viewers, since it is MCU it draws a crowd no matter what.

Long movie possibly since the characters could just appear here and there in other movies.

This whole marketing campaing has done absolutely nothing for me. Looks "cool" in places, but they didn't give me enough reason to go see it besides having the "Marvel Studios" logo. I'm not saying is not good or anything but everything I saw so far feels like a generic Jupiter Ascending crap. I trust Marvel with all my heart but they failed to sell this one to me.

This whole marketing campaing has done absolutely nothing for me. Looks "cool" in places, but they didn't give me enough reason to go see it besides having the "Marvel Studios" logo. I'm not saying is not good or anything but everything I saw so far feels like a generic Jupiter Ascending crap. I trust Marvel with all my heart but they failed to sell this one to me.

Interesting, I actually got more of a Prometheus vibe and I really liked that movie.

But we all know Marvel is not going to show the good stuff in spots and trailers anymore, they haven't since phase 2. The brand is big enough to just sell itself, they don't have to do that anymore honestly. You know it is not going to be some Jupiter Ascending because Marvel is not going to trust some bad movie as the 3rd to open phase 5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"