The Winter Soldier The Falcon

I prefer, Sam Wilson, left for dead after an Afghani ambush attempt he's discovered and nursed back to health by a Falcon named Redwing. They build a telepathic bond over this extended period together in a remote Afghan cave.

Wait a minute, a falcon nurses a human being back to health? The telepathic bond is fine, but the rest gives me nightmare visions of Sam sitting in a giant nest with Redwing dropping chunks of carrion into his open mouth. :eek: :woot:

Thanos uses the reality gem to turn a falcon named Redwing into a human named Sam Wilson

This one?

falcon1.jpg

Nah, I actually quite like that, is was thinging more the one in The Two Americas and Nowhere to Run, at least I think that was what the arcs where called. I just like some colour in there, not grey :hehe: !

“Marvel is really weird, because they don't let you look at the script. They're like, 'Listen, we brought back Robert Downey Jr., so you might want to be down with us,'" he laughed. "But there's going to be a lot of Anthony in a tight suit kicking ass. Everybody wanted me in spandex, and now you've got it — hours of it!”

mtv

Mackie won't have much time to rest on that posterior: He's about to embark on an 11,000-calorie-a-day diet to play the Falcon in Captain America: The Winter Soldier. "He's known for his physique. He's described as 6'3", 245 pounds, so starting Monday, for the next five months until we start shooting, I'm going back to high-school workouts and start doing two-a-days, so I get up to 230 pounds." Sounds major! "I'm going to try not to get a job between now and then, so I can really focus on this. Because Chris Evans is in such good shape! I'm just a dude he dragged into the lab that he injected with some ****, but I got to stand next to him. So we shall see!"

The character, an ally to Captain America, was a groundbreaking addition to the Marvel comic-book canon as the company's first black superhero, a fact that wasn't lost on Mackie's family. "When I got the part, I called my brother, and I told him, 'Guess what I'm doing.' And I told him the movie and who I was playing, and he literally just gave me a litany of history about this character. He went in his closet, and he dug out a copy of the very first Captain America with the Falcon in it. So I said to him, 'Holy ****, you're an Über-nerd!'"
http://www.vulture.com/2012/09/anthony-mackie-falcon-captain-america-channing-tatum.html

That is cool to hear. I hope he doesn't get bigger than Chris though. Here that Chris?

Yeah you have to eat a toooooon and somehow keep it down to pack on that much mass quickly. Or to stay big as an athlete.

For instance, Michael Phelps' 12,000 calorie/day diet:

Breakfast: Three fried-egg sandwiches loaded with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, fried onions and mayonnaise. Two cups of coffee. One five-egg omelet. One bowl of grits. Three slices of French toast topped with powdered sugar. Three chocolate-chip pancakes.

Lunch: One pound of enriched pasta. Two large ham and cheese sandwiches with mayo on white bread. Energy drinks packing 1,000 calories.

Dinner: One pound of pasta. An entire pizza. More energy drinks.

11,000 calories?!!? Bloody hell, don't give yourself a heart attack.

^It has to be worked off via cardio and muscle training to balance out. You can't just eat that much and then sit your ass down.

^It has to be worked off via cardio and muscle training to balance out. You can't just eat that much and then sit your ass down.
Well, you can. Hence the obesity problem in America :oldrazz:

He did say he was going to be doing 2-a-day workouts so there's really no way he's going to get fat. I'm pretty sure he still has some of the mass he gained for the Pain and Gain movie he did with Michael Bay.
mackie-pain-and-gain.jpg
Anthony+Mackie+Stars+Set+Pain+Gain+tD92PFG5vg0l.jpg

I realise how much you have to eat, but 11,000 is mental!

Phelps' is a special case because of the crazy amount of energy he burns - Surprised Mackie can't do it with around 6,000 myself.

* Also how awesome is that Phelps diet by the way?

Last edited:
True, but I here that just having massive muscles burns energy like crazy! Phelpes had to use what he had but he had functional, not beauty, muscles.

The Phelps diet is incredible, it's hard to believe someone eats that every day and isn't a lineman in the NFL, haha.

The diet Mackie, Evans, Hems, etc have to eat is probably a lot more lean turkey and chicken breasts and is definitely no fun

The Phelps diet is incredible, it's hard to believe someone eats that every day and isn't a lineman in the NFL, haha.

The diet Mackie, Evans, Hems, etc have to eat is probably a lot more lean turkey and chicken breasts and is definitely no fun
Phelps' diet was more of a balance between carbs, fats, and protein while the ones the Marvel actors go on is very heavy on protein and low on carbs. I remember both Hemsworth and Evans talking about all the chicken breasts and protein shakes they had to consume before filming their movies.

Yeah, as much as people say that would be awesome to eat that much in a day, if you're forced to do it...not so much. I barely get through 2,000 a day as is.

Phelps' diet was more of a balance between carbs, fats, and protein while the ones the Marvel actors go on is very heavy on protein and low on carbs. I remember both Hemsworth and Evans talking about all the chicken breasts and protein shakes they had to consume before filming their movies.
Yeah, because Phelps does almost nothing but cardio basically every day.

Whereas the actors will just try to pack on lean mass and probably are doing mostly really tedious lifting, and not much cardio. Would defeat the purpose.

I think they should work on the basis of making Falcon cool enough that, if he is popular enough with the audiences he could potentially be spun into his own movie. Not saying I particularly want to see a Falcon movie, but who knows what will be a hit with the audiences? Therefore they should just have that rule of thumb for all characters.

So nobody else went "WTF???" when Mackie said this:

"I'm going to try not to get a job between now and then, so I can really focus on this. Because Chris Evans is in such good shape! I'm just a dude he dragged into the lab that he injected with some ****, but I got to stand next to him. So we shall see!"

Cap injects Sam with some ****....? Namely, some SSS ****....?
Sounds more like Isaiah Bradley than the Falcon. Maybe they *are* borrowing bits and pieces from Bradley's story, and making Falcon another Super-Soldier.

It would make some sense i guess
Give him another leg up

But it obviously couldn't be the full SSS
So at best maybe he gets the blonsky treatment

Give him another leg up

Then we'll eventually get an unstable Falcon. I hope he was just talking more in the moment.

Falcons Ultimates suit is too basic, and the 616 version is too over the top. A healthy combination of the two is imo what we should hope for.

This was something I was messing around with in paint a while ago. It's a ballistic vest/wing harness with cues from his costume if he were working with SHIELD. Never finished it though.
falcon.jpg

Give him another leg up

They don't have the Red Skull & Cosmic Cube origin available, so this is the next best thing, I suppose. It ties in with the recurring theme of ill-advised Super Soldier Serum experiments running through the Marvel films to date. Perhaps, instead of using the Cube to create Falcon's powers, HYDRA used Sam Wilson as a guinea pig for its own attempts to recreate the serum, much as Ross had used Banner (to an extent) and Blonsky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"