The FFINO ZONE - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
My official review of Fant4stic.

This is the review you've been waiting for!

Thanks for the review. Sounds like you covered all the essential points so that anyone reading will be warned off.

What did you mean by this though?

One of the movie’s most offensive gags is essentially a direct lift from Avengers: Age of Ultron. Noting that the film was finished in July, months after the release of Avengers: Age of Ultron, it is hard to believe this rip-off gag is completely unintentional. It is a contrived, ridiculous moment that the film, in no way, earns or deserves to depict. It might amuse some, but it completely left me shaking my head in disbelief. In this moment, it is almost as if Fantastic Four and 20th Century Fox are openly mocking and having a go at the fans’ expense.

What gag is this? I don't know if anyone really cares about spoilers in this thread, but if you have to, you can put it in spoiler tags.

‘Fantastic Four’ Director Josh Trank Slams His Own Movie

Looks like more news media sites are picking up the story. Should be an interesting weekend.

As negative reviews piled on his critically-savaged, schadenfreude-ridden Fantastic Four, director Josh Trank took to Twitter Thursday to suggest that his 20th Century Fox studio overlords were responsible for the perplexingly awful cut of the superhero reboot set to hit theaters Friday.

Well it's definitely that. We're all laughing now at the misfortune of this movie and Trank's misfortune too. :pal:

What did you mean by this though?

What gag is this? I don't know if anyone really cares about spoilers in this thread, but if you have to, you can put it in spoiler tags.

When Cap gets cut off by the credits while he was saying "Avengers Assemble". I presume FF tried pulling off something similar.

This is the end, apparently. Are you ready?

I would guess this is where we see them all together overlooking the new lab thing (cutely called 'Central City' I think). They are trying to decide what to call themselves with some lame jokes. Ben, looking at their new digs, apparently says "Gotta say...this is fantastic" or something. Reed asks him to say it again, he does, and Reed Says "Guys...I got it...", mouth about to say the rest...cut to credits.

So yeah, ripping off the half finished "Avengers Assemble!!" from Cap at the end of AOU.

Yeah I believe the film ends with them trying to decide what to call themselves when the title pops onto the screen.

This is the end, apparently. Are you ready?

I would guess this is where we see them all together overlooking the new lab thing (cutely called 'Central City' I think). They are trying to decide what to call themselves with some lame jokes. Ben, looking at their new digs, apparently says "Gotta say...this is fantastic" or something. Reed asks him to say it again, he does, and Reed Says "Guys...I got it...", mouth about to say the rest...cut to credits.

So yeah, ripping off the half finished "Avengers Assemble!!" from Cap at the end of AOU.

"Reed Says "Guys...I got it...", mouth about to say the rest..."

So how do we know he wasn't about to say FFINO? Or "F*** you Marvel fans"? He was just starting with the letter F.

tumblr_nsos8s_Vlv51rzylx8o1_540.jpg

There's one positive review here:

http://www.newsforshoppers.com/fantastic-four-review-and-why-its-ok-to-leave-early/36740953/

The acting is great throughout. Leaning toward the comic book hero style, but not so much that it’s distracting. Kate Mara, in particular, stands out in her role as the smart and beautiful young scientist whose flirtations play a factor in the evolution of our villain.

As for the Fantastic Four experience… it’s a fun movie! It kept my attention from the beginning to the end. My mind wanders during some films, but not this one.
I didn’t leave the theater thinking “wow – that was awesome!” But I certainly enjoyed it and was glad I went.

That’s just my opinion though – and apparently it’s pretty unique.

Fantastic Four has been hit hard by the critics at Rotten Tomatoes. It has a score of just 10% on the Tomatometer at the time I’m writing this. Quotes from reviewers include words like “lame”, “dull”, “mundane”, “misguided” and “doomed”.

Ouch!

A note for parents. Fantastic Four is rated PG-13. There is some profanity and, of course, violence. Compared to other PG-13 ‘super-hero’ films though, the violence is pretty tame. There are no sex references, no sex jokes, no nudity.

Tame violence (comparatively) and no sex – could that be related to so many reviewers giving it a bad score?

Yes. That sums up the problem we've all had about this movie for the past year or so. Not enough sex and violence. We wanted Sue flashing her boobies and making her clothes invisible throughout. But at least Thing doesn't wear pants. :o

What a ridiculous assertion. As if professional movie critics go to see them hoping for an erection.

Lol meltdown incoming from everyone involved with this project. I don't give a crap if fox panicked no excuse for this garbage, it's on THEM not US. Marvel would never cave to the fans will even if it means they get hate for it.

This is what I'm waiting for. If Trank hadn't taken a jackhammer to the dam, this whole mess might have stayed somewhat quiet until after all the DVD's and Blu-rays and re-releases had made their rounds, but now Trank threw down the gauntlet and People like Kinberg and Vaughn will probably be tempted to respond.

We don't know all the details yet, but we know that there were credible rumors that Fox wanted to fire Trank in March of 2014 and it seems they probably did fire him in October 2014 (I received a private message from a Hyper in Baton Rouge in October, before any rumors had broken publicly that said: "Trank has been fired").

As for this being a reaction to the fans, maybe that was a small component, but if it was really about the fans, they would have scrapped it and let Marvel have it.

We complained about garbage-bag Doom, and we still got garbage-bag Doom. We complained about the containment suits, and we still got the containment suits. We complained about the inappropriateness of the cast for their roles and we still got that inappropriate cast. We complained about it being an origin story and it was still an origin story. We complained about it being dull and not Fantastic and it was still dull and not Fantastic. We complained about the FF being used as weapons and they were still used as weapons.

What the hell did they "fix"? So they changed Domashev back to Doom, okay, that was a nice gesture. How did that ruin the movie?

I caught the last 1/3 of F4: ROSS last night and you know what?

It was still bad.

BUT, even though it was thinly written and very campy, it was at least somewhat entertaining thanks to the cast who largely (save for Alba) filled out the roles pretty well. I also very much got the family unit impression (even though I've seen the first one to establish that) that seemed to be sorely lacking in the gritty, "real" version that's been pitched to us in the new one.

There's something to be said for some properties fitting the mold of dark, gritty, grounded etc., but to me it's clear that FF4 does not.

What a ridiculous assertion. As if professional movie critics go to see them hoping for an erection.

And even if they did, those suffering from erectile dysfunction would automatically rate every movie they saw much lower. So that should be one of the personal questions asked when interviewing for the job of movie critic. :o

There's one positive review here:

http://www.newsforshoppers.com/fantastic-four-review-and-why-its-ok-to-leave-early/36740953/

Yes. That sums up the problem we've all had about this movie for the past year or so. Not enough sex and violence. We wanted Sue flashing her boobies and making her clothes invisible throughout. But at least Thing doesn't wear pants. :o

I don't mind a critic 'bucking the trend'. If they liked it they liked it....But I do think they are full of it when they resort to inferring the other critics have some seedy motive for trashing this thing.

"Yeah, I knew it was going to get ugly. But I don’t know, I think maybe there’s a part of me that needs adversity from the rest of the world in order to feel motivated to want to prove people wrong...

I made every single choice knowing that people would question it. And what better reaction than to have people then go see the movie and understand it and feel like maybe they've learned something about the world, to not question the next thing they think is going to be stupid or weird. I think that's my purpose right now in my life." - Josh Trank

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/herocomplex/la-ca-hc-fantastic-four-20150708-story.html

Days ago he says on Twitter how this is his film and how he can't wait for everyone to see it. And now after the reaction it's gotten, he denounces that same film on opening night. He's full of it.

"Yeah, I knew it was going to get ugly. But I don’t know, I think maybe there’s a part of me that needs adversity from the rest of the world in order to feel motivated to want to prove people wrong...

I made every single choice knowing that people would question it. And what better reaction than to have people then go see the movie and understand it and feel like maybe they've learned something about the world, to not question the next thing they think is going to be stupid or weird. I think that's my purpose right now in my life." - Josh Trank

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/herocomplex/la-ca-hc-fantastic-four-20150708-story.html

Days ago he says on Twitter how this is his film and how he can't wait for everyone to see it. And now after the reaction it's gotten, he denounces that same film on opening night. He's full of it.

Oh my...

Yeah, that's why it seems so disingenuous now. If he had said something earlier, or at least stayed quiet and not spent the past few months telling us it was HIS film, we could take him more seriously now, but he waited until the reviews came out.

If they had been great, would there be any doubt he would have taken credit?

It's like he has a short memory and forgets completely what he said before.

He is also one of the most unprofessional directors in the business. I bet that Fox and Kinberg will definitely throw him to the dogs and say something about him once we're past the opening weekend or even when it is out of theatres. They'll shift all the blame onto him and talk about how they had to fire him. But they won't do it right now like Trank has done, because they're a bit more professional than him.

NOTE: Things are flying so fast and furious, I'm having trouble keeping up with the forum and mostly just reading this thread, so please make sure all your particularly insightful comments are in this thread.:woot:

Well he did prove us wrong.....this film is much MUCH worse than we could have imagined. :p

Do you think Fox will take any action against Trank for making these statements on Twitter just as the film is opening? Not that he ultimately would have contributed to the poor box office (if it is indeed poor), but they would like to have someone to blame.

Also, does anyone think that Trank can actually still work as a director or does he need to find a different job now?

Do you think Fox will take any action against Trank for making these statements on Twitter just as the film is opening? Not that he ultimately would have contributed to the poor box office (if it is indeed poor), but they would like to have someone to blame.

Also, does anyone think that Trank can actually still work as a director or does he need to find a different job now?

What are they going to do? Sue him for all the crappy baseball caps he owns? :dry:

Seriously, they'll just ignore it and pretend it didn't happen - like they have regarding things like this throughout production. At least until the film is out of theaters next week.

He'll never work again, and they know it.

It's like he has a short memory and forgets completely what he said before.

He is also one of the most unprofessional directors in the business. I bet that Fox and Kinberg will definitely throw him to the dogs and say something about him once we're past the opening weekend or even when it is out of theatres. They'll shift all the blame onto him and talk about how they had to fire him. But they won't do it right now like Trank has done, because they're a bit more professional than him.

They already did by repeatedly reminding everyone in interviews that this film is "Josh Trank's vision". I think they saw the bus coming. Trank didn't until he was flopping under it's wheels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"