The FFINO ZONE - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are they going to do? Sue him for all the crappy baseball caps he owns? :dry:

Seriously, they'll just ignore it and pretend it didn't happen - like they have regarding things like this throughout production. At least until the film is out of theaters next week.

He'll never work again, and they know it.

MBJ-sue_zpszryxompn.gif

:o

They already did by repeatedly reminding everyone in interviews that this film is "Josh Trank's vision". I think they saw the bus coming. Trank didn't until he was flopping under it's wheels.

Yeah, I think the studio clearly saw where this was headed, but despite reshoots, this still has to be 95% Trank's movie. You can't change the basic nature of a movie with reshoots.

So he was probably still pretty pleased with it and thinking it would be well received after it was out and it would "shut up all the haters". If he really recognized how bad it would be received, I think he would have been more quiet and/or subtly pointed the finger at the studio over the past few months.

Yeah, I think the studio clearly saw where this was headed, but despite reshoots, this still has to be 95% Trank's movie. You can't change the basic nature of a movie with reshoots.

So he was probably still pretty pleased with it and thinking it would be well received after it was out and it would "shut up all the haters". If he really recognized how bad it would be received, I think he would have been more quiet and/or subtly pointed the finger at the studio over the past few months.

If you are a director who genuinely believes you have been locked out of your own film and that the movie being released is not representative of your vision or the work you put into it, there's always the Alan Smithee option to fall back on, where your name is removed from the credits. Trank didn't do that. He stuck with the film until the bad reviews started coming in, THEN washed his hands of it.

This is rather awkward now.

fox-superhero-stable-e1437979015419.jpg

Do you guys listen to Elvis Duran and the Morning Show?

The Movie guy was reviewing Fant4stic (badly) and he said it was a Marvel movie.
Elvis was like "what? No" and tried to correct him. "No, it's Marvel characters, but licensed to another studio" but Movie guy was like "Well all I know is the Marvel sign was up and flashing, so it's a Marvel movie"... I f*ing HATE FOX!

The Movie guy was reviewing Fant4stic (badly) and he said it was a Marvel movie.
Elvis was like "what? No" and tried to correct him. "No, it's Marvel characters, but licensed to another studio" but Movie guy was like "Well all I know is the Marvel sign was up and flashing, so it's a Marvel movie"... I f*ing HATE FOX!

It is annoying to think that Fox might get #1 this weekend simply because a lot of people are still not clued up on this.

It is annoying to think that Fox might get #1 this weekend simply because a lot of people are still not clued up on this.

I'm betting more than 80% have no clue and even if they have some idea that they're different studios, they probably assume Marvel has more control than they do.

And even many reviewers don't seem to know the difference. I saw several comments that seemed to imply they thought this was a Marvel film and were surprised the quality wasn't up to standard.

This is going to hurt Marvel's reputation more than it will Fox's. Sad but true.

Hopefully that will give Marvel even more motivation to get the rights back and show everybody how good a proper FF film really can be.:woot:

Man, I wish this somehow became grounds for a legal battle. Maybe it prompts revisiting in court how IP contracts are upheld.
I mean, when something like this badly damages the name of the original IP owner, there's got to be something they can do to fight back.

I used a free ticket voucher for MI5 and walked into the showing. I was too curious about the movie, and my personal life won't permit me to see it anytime in the next few weeks.

Hey Flint.....if in the future you get an infraction for something.....remind me of this and I'll reverse it for you :up:

I'm betting more than 80% have no clue and even if they have some idea that they're different studios, they probably assume Marvel has more control than they do.

And even many reviewers don't seem to know the difference. I saw several comments that seemed to imply they thought this was a Marvel film and were surprised the quality wasn't up to standard.

This is going to hurt Marvel's reputation more than it will Fox's. Sad but true.

Hopefully that will give Marvel even more motivation to get the rights back and show everybody how good a proper FF film really can be.:woot:

And here people on this very board were crucifying Marvel for trying to distance themselves as much as possible from this production. I smell a potential lawsuit brewing. Especially after the way Fox so underhandedly and dishonestly marketed this film by removing the 20th Century Fox logo and only featuring the Marvel logo during their TV spots. Fox are scum!

And here people on this very board were crucifying Marvel for trying to distance themselves as much as possible from this production. I smell a potential lawsuit brewing. Especially after the way Fox so underhandedly and dishonestly marketed this film by removing the 20th Century Fox logo and only featuring the Marvel logo during their TV spots. Fox are scum!

This will all be duly noted during the X-Men TV show negotiations.

Hey Willie - did you see this posted in another thread?

Paul Dini about his experience with Fox and FF:

"I've been over to Fox a couple of times to pitch a FF movie, and the ignorance and contempt toward the property by the rights holders was truly staggering. And this was years before the current film makers did their version. No one on the lot had any idea what to do with it, and the one question they kept firing at me over and over was "why do they have to be in costume?" Looks like they solved that problem with the Thing, at least."

Just the other day I saw someone call Marvel "greedy" and "petty" for cutting all ties with the property. Considering how everything turned out, it makes a whole lot more sense from a business perspective now that we can see the whole picture. I sympathize with X-men fans who want more merchandise, but in the pissing contest between Fox and Marvel, I can't help but side with the latter given what all we know.

Hey Flint.....if in the future you get an infraction for something.....remind me of this and I'll reverse it for you :up:

Lol, will do Mr. Lee :cool:

It definitely seems like it falls under passing off. Even at the time of marketing, that should've been cause for Marvel to get some kind of injunction against Fox for trying to pass off their product as one of theirs before it even entered theatres. And now that it has, it could cause damage to Marvel's reputation because people incorrectly assume it's one of the Marvel Studios movies.

Hey Willie - did you see this posted in another thread?

Paul Dini about his experience with Fox and FF:

"I've been over to Fox a couple of times to pitch a FF movie, and the ignorance and contempt toward the property by the rights holders was truly staggering. And this was years before the current film makers did their version. No one on the lot had any idea what to do with it, and the one question they kept firing at me over and over was "why do they have to be in costume?" Looks like they solved that problem with the Thing, at least."
Where did this come from? I understand Rae PMed it to someone but I'd like to read more about this.

@Flint Marko

Did the film have the Fox logo in front of it?

@Flint Marko

Did the film have the Fox logo in front of it?

Yup, the film started with the typical Fox logo.
I actually missed the first minute or two because the overhead lights actually came on right when the trailers finished and the movie started, so I was walking out right when the Fox logo was starting. The technicians working in the booth clearly weren't there, the lights would've stayed on had I not left and alerted someone. Never seen that level of negligence from a theater on a films opening night, but I guess that shows the apathy most people feel towards this property.

Yup, the film started with the typical Fox logo.
I actually missed the first minute or two because the overhead lights actually came on right when the trailers finished and the movie started, so I was walking out right when the Fox logo was starting. The technicians working in the booth clearly weren't there, the lights would've stayed on had I not left and alerted someone. Never seen that level of negligence from a theater on a films opening night, but I guess that shows the apathy most people feel towards this property.

Was there many people there?

Where did this come from? I understand Rae PMed it to someone but I'd like to read more about this.

No idea Flint - but I'd sure like to hear more about it. That kind of reveal cements the way we FF fans have felt about Fox's mishandling of the property for over a decade.

Woke up and got to work. What did I miss?

Last thing I saw was Trank's tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"