Ghost Rider 2 In The Works - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of people will also still have a sour taste from the first film and won't go and see it.

Hell, just to get a friend to go I have to sit through Meatball Machine.

Oh yes. I mean, I know i'll dig this movie because I've loved everything N/T have done. No matter how bad the movie is technically, it still looks great, and is pretty entertaining.

But everyone else is going to hate it. It's going to flop. And there will never again be a Ghost Rider movie.

I've only seen a bit of Crank. But what I saw, I found quite entertaining. But I'm a fan of many Statham movies.

I don't think it's going to flop, I think it's going to make between 75 and 100 million domestically which would be a success because of the 50 million dollar budget.

I don't see how it won't flop.

Name one thing the General Public is going to see in this movie.

I think GR 2 will be a success. It'll have insane action and if Sony were smart, they'd advertise the Hell out of this and make sure it's branded in the public's eye that it's a Marvel movie.

Comic book movies have been doin really well internationally lately; especially Marvel. And I'm talking about all Marvel productions and co-productions

Like I said earlier, you'll see.

Like I said earlier, you'll see.
And what overall domestic B.O. do you foresee? From a financial point of view, this movie was a mistake. They've got two crazy directors and a crazy actor that best case are going to make a cult classic, worst case are going to make something unwatchable.

I'll say it goes no higher than 50 million domestically, with about 40 overall more likely. What's your prediction for its total domestic B.O. intake?

I said it awhile back, I see about 75-100 million domestically I know I'm in the minority but that's what I think (shrugs).

Just a gut feeling? Why do you think it'll do so well?

Most sequels don't do drastically different numbers from the first film whether it was good or not, I think it's going ot make atleast 75% of what the first film made (which was made 229 million).

I think you're wrong man.

First off, Ghost Rider is one of the worst films ever made. It's horrible in every single way. Aside from 13 year old boys, most people hated it.

Second of, Nicolas Cage. Barely anyone likes him now. He's basically box office poison. He's often considered one of the worst actors working today.

Third, it's getting almost no buzz. Saw a few TV spots. But yeah.

Fourth, it's gotten horrible reviews. That's going to kill it.

And finally, even if the people did their research, these guys have only 3 directed films behind them. One that people enjoyed. One that people didn't care for. And one that was too weird for them.

This movie is going to tank hard. Unless it's actually a fine film..I can't see this making that much.

I haven't seen a TV spot yet...

Many of Cage's recent films have made less, not even just domestic but world wide, seem to make less than what they cost to make. Shame, some of them are entertaining (usually for all the wrong reasons).

Last edited:
I think you're wrong man.

First off, Ghost Rider is one of the worst films ever made. It's horrible in every single way. Aside from 13 year old boys, most people hated it.

Second of, Nicolas Cage. Barely anyone likes him now. He's basically box office poison. He's often considered one of the worst actors working today.

Third, it's getting almost no buzz. Saw a few TV spots. But yeah.

Fourth, it's gotten horrible reviews. That's going to kill it.

And finally, even if the people did their research, these guys have only 3 directed films behind them. One that people enjoyed. One that people didn't care for. And one that was too weird for them.

This movie is going to tank hard. Unless it's actually a fine film..I can't see this making that much.

That's all good and great but I'm not changing my mind so like I said, we'll see.

Well, just don't get mad when it fails hard.

I don't give a **** about it really. I'm excited for a new N/T flick. If they never make another Ghost Rider movie again, it won't bother me.

I'll watch the movie just for the part that he whips the guy 30 feet in the air and slams him back into the dirt. I'll probably be one of 3 people in the theatre, but I'll still get a silly maniacal giggle out of that.

Found the set visit, etc, interesting, sounds like at the very least visually the movie will be stunning as some of the locations they shot in sound great.

Acting should be at a decent level with this cast as well, its just the story elements that worry me, these guys cant tell a story if you ask me. As for the BO, with this being so low budget, and the GA not hating the movie like fanboys (DVD sales were very good for the movie), it may have a decent chance of making some decent BO, nothing extravagant of course, but enough to make a profit.

Good. I'm not seeing this for the story.

I'd rather have no story, then a half handed story for the sake of having a story.

Nicolas Cage is the ****. When he's got the right directors that is.

Well, just don't get mad when it fails hard.

I don't give a **** about it really. I'm excited for a new N/T flick. If they never make another Ghost Rider movie again, it won't bother me.

It wouldn't bother me one bit, it could open up the doors for GR's rights to get picked up by Marvel Studios.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"