The FFINO ZONE - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they won't be able to find a single director who will take it on, and then they'll be forced to go back to Trank. And he will entertain the idea because he won't be working either, and he'll think it will be different this time round.

The concept of a sequel is probably more far-fetched than the idea that if they did a sequel, this would happen.

No other director would want to get involved in that mess, and if Fox does a sequel (as opposed to a reboot) aren't they basically saying they liked the first film? And if they liked the first film, why not bring back Trank and Kinberg?

Kinberg seems to think he's in, why not Trank too?

If Marvel signs off on the proposed X-Men show or a package of shows FOX has the opportunity for a graceful exit from the FF business. "We've decided to focus our efforts on expanding our multi-billion dollar X-Men franchise into television."

I can't see anyone who has ever analyzed a spreadsheet signing off on FFINO 2, so making the best deal possible and moving on would appear to be FOX's only option. We shall see.

Kinberg's comments are probably a very good sign for those of us hoping for a deal. The concept of a sequel is ludicrous. Everybody knows that, so why doesn't Kinberg? He probably does and his comments are likely designed to make Marvel think they really are that crazy so Marvel better hurry up and get the deal done. There's no other logical reason that Kinberg would make the comments he did (unless he really is as crazy/stupid as the comments make him sound). And while this FF film shows he's not real bright, I have a hard time believing he's that crazy/stupid.

Simon Kinberg thought Jumper was a good idea.

You wildly overestimate the man's intelligence. :o

[BLACKOUT]Sequel talk is ridiculous. It sounds remarkably like The Amazing Spider-Man 3.[/BLACKOUT]

A sequel will not happen. It would mean bringing back Teller, Jordan and the rest. While great actors, they,ve unfortunately become the faces of the most reviled comicbook film of the modern age of cbm. All pieces of marketing would have to use their faces and remind people of the previous version. The sequel would on principle be more costly to make, due to sequels typically being more ambitious and bigger than their predecessors.

Fox is more likely to reboot several years and draw as little resemblance from the 2015 film and even that is a pipe dream atp.

Simon Kinberg thought Jumper was a good idea.

You wildly overestimate the man's intelligence. :o

[BLACKOUT]Sequel talk is ridiculous. It sounds remarkably like The Amazing Spider-Man 3.[/BLACKOUT]

Even worse than The Amazing Spiderman 3. Atleast TASM 2 was profitable for the studio. This more along the lines of making a Lone Ranger or Battlefield Earth sequel.

The concept of a sequel is probably more far-fetched than the idea that if they did a sequel, this would happen.

No other director would want to get involved in that mess, and if Fox does a sequel (as opposed to a reboot) aren't they basically saying they liked the first film? And if they liked the first film, why not bring back Trank and Kinberg?

Kinberg seems to think he's in, why not Trank too?

And if they liked the first film but no-one else did, that shows they have very poor taste and judgment.

Imagine Trank getting all excited for a sequel and his chance to go off and do his own vision again, and then a day before FFINO2's release, he puts out another Tweet that a year ago he had yet another movie that would've had great reviews. People would think he is an idiot to fall for that same trick twice, if they don't already.

Comparing this to The Amazing Spider-Man 2 is wrong, that film made 700 million dollars. Now Sony may have spend too much on it but it still made 700 million worldwide and it did not get anywhere near 9% on Rotten Tomatoes. It's most comparable to Catwoman and Green Lantern.

I'm comparing it to TASM3 because Sony Hack stuff revealed that some Sony execs wanted to go forward with 3 because of the cast, particularly Emma Stone (they had some ridiculous ideas to bring her back). Kinberg seems to think the sequel will happen because of the cast.

Kinberg likely spends the majority of his days in a padded cell repeating "It's not a disaster... It's not a disaster...", occasionally being pulled out by the Fox Damage Control team to drop scripted notes on the sequel they're "still excited for" and are "still trying to figure out".

This sort of face saving and denial is pretty common in Hollywood. Could we get another F4 ? A Fox reboot perhaps, but even that's unlikely at this point. Are we gonna get a sequel to FFINO? No way. There's zero demand for another F4 film , reboot or otherwise.

This sort of face saving and denial is pretty common in Hollywood. Could we get another F4 ? A Fox reboot perhaps, but even that's unlikely at this point. Are we gonna get a sequel to FFINO? No way. There's zero demand for another F4 film , reboot or otherwise.

The question for Fox is keeping the property from Marvel worth the risk of further lost revenue in producing another FF film in 7 years...

They're gonna take a long time to answer that IMO.

I hope they're not using the FF after this Bomb as leverage for the possible X related TV shot because they, Fox pretty much shot themselves in their own foot..

The question for Fox is keeping the property from Marvel worth the risk of further lost revenue in producing another FF film in 7 years...

I hope they're not using the FF after this Bomb as leverage for the possible X related TV shot because they, Fox pretty much shot themselves in their own foot..

Well how could they shoot themselves in someone else's foot? :huh: :o

Well how could they shoot themselves in someone else's foot? :huh: :o

By having better aim AKA making a Proper FF FILM that Makes actual money and lifts the image of the franchise

Edit: But I get the joke LOL!!!

Well FFINO obviously got off on the wrong foot.

Yeah. Honestly, if I was them, the moment I thought the FF production was in jeopardy, I would've struck a deal with Marvel to save that mess and have some kind of deal where I get 30/70 of box office revenue.

The thinking would be that if Marvel could pull it off with a great F4 movie that could net, at the box office, Avenger box office money. I would then recoup the lost revenue spent on the mess that was Fant4stic and let Fox bow down gracefully from that license.

Win-Win

Of course it's easier to say that now, since it's all said and done, but I thought to share this idea to you all in the middle of reading this post.

Even worse than The Amazing Spiderman 3. Atleast TASM 2 was profitable for the studio. This more along the lines of making a Lone Ranger or Battlefield Earth sequel.

TASM2 was far from profitable. It's losses were as bad (if not somewhat worse) than FFINO's.

With TASM2, they spent over 400 million dollars on a film that grossed 700 million (barely), with the VAST majority coming from the international box office.

Last edited:
Nah, TASM2 DID hit profitability in it's theatrical run, it just wasn't an acceptable level of profitability (thanks for the info, North Korea!).

As it was only something like twenty mil, though, it would have lost money had Disney/Marvel not relinquished their share of the box office a few years back.

Nah, TASM2 DID hit profitability in it's theatrical run, it just wasn't an acceptable level of profitability (thanks for the info, North Korea!).

As it was only something like twenty mil, though, it would have lost money had Disney/Marvel not relinquished their share of the box office a few years back.

Although if Disney didn't, Sony would have made a lot more from that lucrative merchandising.

Theoretically that's true, though I suspect Disney never would have produced that much merchandise had a deal not been made. TASM may not have been given the X-Men treatment ( one premium figure per film and... nothing else), but it probably wouldn't have been mass licensed. They could have just made sure there were comic based toys on the shelves (as there always have been in my lifetime for Spider-Man anyway).

Thanks Kane.

tumblr_nutrsh3IDA1sjhtm9o1_540.gif

tumblr_nutrsh3IDA1sjhtm9o2_540.gif

tumblr_nutrsh3IDA1sjhtm9o3_540.gif

tumblr_nutrsh3IDA1sjhtm9o4_540.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads