The FFINO ZONE - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who talks about anymore?????????? Is this useless girl serious?

Also...

CLxWVciWEAEXtc8.png

GIVE ME MY DOCUMENTARY...VICTOR DOMASHEV LIVES!!!!!!!!

What's hilarious after all the talk and denial, they kind of kept shades of the whole hacktivist blogger thing in there.

Just read your review Vile. Very nice :up:

I'll just leave this here...

From a commenter (likely a "reader" at FOX) on the Deadline story about Trank's tweet.

"I read all 15 drafts of this project from the very first crack at it from the uncredited writers to the shooting script. They were all terrible. There was no fantastic version."

http://deadline.com/2015/08/fantast...robably-never-see-my-good-version-1201494517/

This is why Fox should have let go and allowed Marvel to have the rights instead of rushing a production out the door.

New favorite quote---"summarizing this movie feels more like an autopsy than a review."
Fresh review #9 MORON says----"a rolicking good time"
....are you f---ing kidding me?
Either 1. She was on some great new drug or
2. She has no f---ing idea what a good time is.

Every day is something new and exciting with this Trankwreck©

Can't wait to see what the new day brings when I wake up!

Who talks about anymore?????????? Is this useless girl serious?

Also...

CLxWVciWEAEXtc8.png

GIVE ME MY DOCUMENTARY...VICTOR DOMASHEV LIVES!!!!!!!!

Is this guy for real? :lmao:

And yaaaassss to a documentary! Everything I've read about the making of this trainwreck is fascinating to me.

I think Josh Trank's career is done. Kaput. I'll be shocked if another studio hires him.

Interesting...

From here: https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/3g2z03/official_discussion_fantastic_four_2015_spoilers/

- Victor Von Doom is perhaps the WORST adaptation of a comic book character. For starters, its clear that wasn't his name when the movie was being shot. Everytime the characters say "Victor Von Doom" you can see the ADR changing the name. By the way, the ADR is awful. There is a part where they're wearing masks and the mask move to show they're talking. Victor's mask moves seventy times and he says two lines.

- How is Victor Von Doom, the Marvel Universe's greatest villain introduced? As a neckbeard. I **** you not, he has a neckbeard, long hair, is playing videogames and is in a dark house. By the way, let's talk about Doom's character: he's anti-government. That is it. I swear to God I wish there was something more, but like with all character arcs, they start by hinting out that there's a genius behind all that pain but give up and go back to one line descriptions of characters. Thankfully he washes up and goes to the lab.

So Domashev, the GamerGator/Doxxer Doom, was definitely in the Trank cut as was revealed back in November.

Have to post this:

Peter Travers's Rolling Stone Review said:
The latest reboot of the Fantastic Four - the cinematic equivalent of malware - is worse than worthless. It not only scrapes the bottom of the barrel; it knocks out the floor and sucks audiences into a black hole of soul-crushing, coma-inducing dullness.

:lmao:

giphy.gif

I've been away for a few days so I've just been catching up on on all the goodness that's been happening! Oh my 9& on RT, that is bad, like real BAD! Even Ninja Turtles got 21% and that was a truly awful film!

I just need to see this weekends Boxoffice numbers now although the forecast has it at first place
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4093&p=.htm

Now we have that catch 22 scenario. This will likely bomb and the IP will become poison now. Not sure Marvel would even want to touch this for a loooooong time. Which sucks!

Hypothetically, maybe not Fantastic Four, but maybe we can get Galactus and Silver Surfer at least.

I've been away for a few days so I've just been catching up on on all the goodness that's been happening! Oh my 9& on RT, that is bad, like real BAD! Even Ninja Turtles got 21% and that was a truly awful film!

I just need to see this weekends Boxoffice numbers now although the forecast has it at first place
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4093&p=.htm

Now we have that catch 22 scenario. This will likely bomb and the IP will become poison now. Not sure Marvel would even want to touch this for a loooooong time. Which sucks!
Even if they don't make a solo film off the bat they will still definitely use the characters in other movies. I'd imagine they'd use Infinity War to introduce all the FF and maybe Galactus and Silver Surfer as well (maybe those two have a bigger role in Guardians 3) and hint at Doom.

Sounds like Trank made a stupid boring film with no action an Fox turned it into a stupid boring film with action that feels disjointed.

No way Josh "My Vision is Genius Perfection" Trank made something good and then Fox just decided to spend money on reshoots willy nilly. They wouldn't even spend money on known actors for Pete's sake.
Agreed. I think Trank's version was probably a dull movie with no action scenes that went down badly with test audiences.

Fox probably tried to salvage the movie with reshoots.
If there was a great film to begin with, no amount of fan complaints should have swayed them into reshoots. Fox clearly did not have confidence in this film and everything that we've heard from it sounds like another TMNT2015 kind of studio meddling and not Kingdom of Heaven studio meddling. Just making a bad movie...still bad.
Yep.

I remember X-Men First Class had some negative buzz from some fans around it when it was in production but Fox backed Vaughn and his vision.

If Fantastic Four underperforms big time, I think its safe to say it is the direct antithesis of GOTG.

GOTG -
Based on an obscure and fresh property
surged in popularity following the movie
Was universally praised upon its release
Featured, fun and different settings
Light-hearted and ultra comedic
Characters who ended up being arguably the most endearing ones of the 2014 blockbuster slate(Rocked, Groot)
Now arguably Marvel's biggest property next to the Avengers

Fantastic Four-
Based on a well known Marvel property
Has seemingly tanked the popularity of a once A-list Marvel team
Featured the same gray and brown sets
Drab, serious and un-fun
Some interprettions on beloved characters are heavily scrutinized(The Thing, Dr Doom)
Now considered box office poison

Last edited:
Hypothetically, maybe not Fantastic Four, but maybe we can get Galactus and Silver Surfer at least.

Even if they don't make a solo film off the bat they will still definitely use the characters in other movies. I'd imagine they'd use Infinity War to introduce all the FF and maybe Galactus and Silver Surfer as well (maybe those two have a bigger role in Guardians 3) and hint at Doom.

I really do hope so, I would love to have the FF and associated characters in the MCU

Just think of how close we came to having the two greatest superhero films - quite likely the finest films in the history of motion pictures - in the same summer: Edgar Wrights's Ant Man and Josh Trank's FF Director's Cut.

Just think of how close we came to having the two greatest superhero films - quite likely the finest films in the history of motion pictures - in the same summer: Edgar Wrights's Ant Man and Josh Trank's FF Director's Cut.

giphy.gif

Every day is something new and exciting with this Trankwreck©

Can't wait to see what the new day brings when I wake up!
I have only seen one trailer and don't like the F4 that much anyway. Thanks to the director and whoever is responsible for this mess, I'm now a regular visitor to these boards. I probably wouldn't be here otherwise. So put on your favourite CD, poor yourself a drink and let the good times roll. :doom:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"