The Flash The Flash Season 1, Episode 1 "Pilot" General Discussion

I understand Rows feelings about the situation but I think connecting universes would take way too much retconing MOS for my taste and then Steven Amell, who I dislike as an actor, would have to be invited to the party as well. Also I think having to be careful of the films has hurt Agents of Shield and will hurt the CW shows.
I can't get myself to watch Arrow so don't have an opinion on Amell really. The little bit I've seen here and there has been unimpressive. There again, I typically loathe all CW shows though. It's a credit to how much I like The Flash that I'm even giving this series a chance :o

I'm not understanding why it matters who the first superhero was, or who was the first public one, or the more public one, etc.

Were they to connect the universes, MAN OF STEEL could easily have taken chronologically before THE FLASH, etc, and Flash would have shown up after Superman did. It's not that complicated. It would require a suspension of disbelief that Superman isn't at least occasionally mentioned whenever The Flash comes up, but...it's a superhero show. It requires that anyway.

Ex-actly.:up:

Yeah, there's no way really to naturally connect the films with the television series in my honest opinion.

How would people then explain as to why Superman didn't even help out with the crisis that took place in Starling City at the end of both Season 1 and 2.

And it's been established on Arrow in "Season 2" that Aliens don't yet exist as far as people are aware of.

Why can't people just let this subject matter go already? The films and TV Series are better off this way.

Is Flash going to get faster over the series? He was struggling to hit 700mph in this episode.

The pilot was cool. It actually reminded me a bit of an old 80s show when some of these series were a little more fun. The testing of his running at the start also was reminiscent of Six Million Dollar Man.

I hope his villains show up in costumes and aren't just dressed in normal clothes like Weather Wizard was (or at least his brother).

Is Iris's father supposed to know Barry's secret in the comics?

I'm not understanding why it matters who the first superhero was, or who was the first public one, or the more public one, etc.

Were they to connect the universes, MAN OF STEEL could easily have taken chronologically before THE FLASH, etc, and Flash would have shown up after Superman did. It's not that complicated. It would require a suspension of disbelief that Superman isn't at least occasionally mentioned whenever The Flash comes up, but...it's a superhero show. It requires that anyway.

- The world reacts to Flash as though he is the first and only superhero, and will continue to
- This is important for the themes of the show, not just the technical details
- Not all suspension of belief is the same, never has been

Iris' father doesn't ever appear in the comics.

Never? That's kind of nuts if you think about it. When you think about how often Lois Lane's father shows up, for instance. Or Carol Ferris' father. Diana's mother, Arthur Curry's father...and the relative importance they all have to the mythologies.

Having Iris' father be so central to things kind of makes it that much more "DC".

He appears in the New 52.
He is shown in flashbacks abusing/neglecting Iris and her brother Daniel, and eventually he is Daniel's motivation for becoming Reverse Flash.

If Flash hits 88 mph will he go back in time?

tumblr_nd3ubfp1Mn1qka4t0o1_500.gif

tumblr_nd3ubfp1Mn1qka4t0o2_500.gif

Hahaha well, I know I'm probably alone in this, but I like that movie. The only Star Trek movie with the original cast that I absolutely HATE is the first one.

Hahaha well, I know I'm probably alone in this, but I like that movie. The only Star Trek movie with the original cast that I absolutely HATE is the first one.

Heh, I couldn't finish that one, slowest paced movie I've ever seen.

The scene with Barry and his dad at the end was nice, too.

A good way to hit the feels in the opening episode.

Agreed.I don't hate 5,but ST:TMP is a chore to sit though.

Never? That's kind of nuts if you think about it. When you think about how often Lois Lane's father shows up, for instance. Or Carol Ferris' father. Diana's mother, Arthur Curry's father...and the relative importance they all have to the mythologies.

Having Iris' father be so central to things kind of makes it that much more "DC".

I stand corrected. Not never, cuz there was that one time. I'm sure there was some time before the New 52 as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"