The Flash The Flash General Discussion and Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
flashbanner_zps03f5d203.png

Time to start the new Flash board - discuss away!

flash-head-640.jpg

THE-FLASH-Full-Suit-Image-610x1011.jpg

Can't wait to see what Super Speed looks like now compered to how "Smallville" did for Bart Allen .

Things I'm noticing:

- They removed the chin strap (?)
- The ear things look better from this angle than from the side
- The logo is red instead of white :(
- No belt? Very skinny belt? I feel like we should be able to at least glimpse part of it wrapping around his waist, but I don't see it. Superhero costumes tend to look a little odd without something to break the main color of the suit at the crotch/waist line.

Things I'm noticing:

- The ear things look better from this angle than from the side
- The logo is red instead of white :(
- No belt? Very skinny belt? I feel like we should be able to at least glimpse part of it wrapping around his waist, but I don't see it. Superhero costumes tend to look a little odd without something to break the main color of the suit at the crotch/waist line.

No they didn't, look closely, chin strap is still there, just less noticable from the camera angle they chose (whoever chose that camera angle should probably get a cut in pay, horrible angle).
Actually not surprising we can't see the belt from this angle, the pose he's in would hide almost any belt from that angle.

All in all I really like the suit and the choice of materials for it, only issues I have is the loss of the white in the logo and the lack of gold boots.

Things I'm noticing:

It's still there, you can see it, it's just harder to see because of the angle and its the same colour as his torso which is right behind it.

Holy ****ing ass crackers! Not bad....needs the gold lightning trim, the white circle behind the chest symbol (although this logo actually looks better than I'd expected, I don't prefer it though), and the right ear pieces (how Ethan Van Sciver draws them in Flash: Rebirth), but for CW this is well above what's expected. Nice job. Looks pretty good. :D

Fingers are crossed that he has the "belt"/waist lightning trim. Not bad for a mark 1. Not bad at all. I'm a little relieved.

The chin strap is less conspicuous in the pic which is good... and at that angle the ear pieces almost look right.

I'd love to see gold boots but I know that's asking a lot. Anyway neat.

Just give him the right ear pieces, some gold lightning trim on his gloves and waist around the belt area, white behind the chest symbol, and we're good.

Last edited:
I like the design. Happy to see the Daredevil-like leather was reflective of just part of the suit. Still not feeling the color, though.

The pic also has me totally convinced that Chris Pine would make a great Flash/Barry Allen....Gustin really looks like him here.

Miss the right colored logo.

And is it just me or are there fake fingernails on the gloves...?

There is some yellow in the boots if you look closely.

It's like sprinkled on there a bit but something more aggressive and bold in terms of the gold on the boots (and costume in general) would be best.

Last edited:
No they didn't, look closely, chin strap is still there, just less noticable from the camera angle they chose (whoever chose that camera angle should probably get a cut in pay, horrible angle).
Actually not surprising we can't see the belt from this angle, the pose he's in would hide almost any belt from that angle.

All in all I really like the suit and the choice of materials for it, only issues I have is the loss of the white in the logo and the lack of gold boots.

It's still there, you can see it, it's just harder to see because of the angle and its the same colour as his torso which is right behind it.

Oh... I kid of see it now, I think.

But it definitely is shorter than it was in the preview image then. I remember the original chinstrap covering the bottom curvature of his chin before. Now it looks like it's sitting just underneath it.

But you're right, the angle is fairly strange here, so I guess it's impossible to tell until we see a full shot of him standing up straight.

The Emblem needs to be fixed. I hate that.

I'll be the lone dissenter... Not crazy about it. I actually like the "chin strap" element some don't, but the way they seem afraid to have the head stabilizers (that's the BS reason from the comics) makes him look goofier without them than with them to my eyes.

I don't want the 90's foam molded suit, but this is just underwhelming to me and the lack of the very iconic head elements puts it over the top into "meh" territory. I had hope when the side profile picture came out, but now, color me non-plussed.

There will always be nitpicks about any details that are different from the comics.

Whose idea was it to take the picture from that angle? lol. That is awful. Makes him look like he's all forehead. :p

There will always be nitpicks about any details that are different from the comics.

Call it a nitpick if you want. I'm ok with no trunks in MOS. I'm ok with Jordan as The Human Torch. I'm ok with Cap's lack of actual "head wings". I'm ok with a non-human Jarvis. I'm ok with "false" Mandarin.

I'm just not feeling this costume, brothaman. And I think there is a... "goofiness" that is actually highlighted without the head wings/bolts/what have yous than what would be seen with them.

As it stands now, they have to go well beyond SMALLVILLE's SFX to win me over for this.

Call it a nitpick if you want. I'm ok with no trunks in MOS. I'm ok with Jordan as The Human Torch. I'm ok with Cap's lack of actual "head wings". I'm ok with a non-human Jarvis. I'm ok with "false" Mandarin.

I'm just not feeling this costume, brothaman. And I think there is a... "goofiness" that is actually highlighted without the head wings/bolts/what have yous than what would be seen with them.

As it stands now, they have to go well beyond SMALLVILLE's SFX to win me over for this.

At least somebody gets why he needs the right ear pieces. :up:

manifesto.jpg

Not big on DC just poking my head in, you guys should be crazy psyched that looks fantastic for a t.v. budget costume!
I hope the stuff in the Defenders shows look as good.

I agree the ear piece is in line with his new 52 look. They are not as elaborated as they are in the comics but they are very much the same.

And I think there is a... "goofiness" that is actually highlighted without the head wings/bolts/what have yous than what would be seen with them. .

I don't get why adding something goofy will make the costume less goofy. That reminds me of the the "breaking up the blue" defense.

The ear wings look clunky and given today's technology, it doesn't have to be that big to house his transmitter.

Moving at the speed of sound or the speed of light does not really matter when your talking about a person being able to run that fast. One is as equally unbelievable as the other. What would need to be grounded is his effect on the world physically, spiritually, and emotionally.

Reducing the speed grounds his effect physically and thus spiritually and emotionally. And just because something can't be done with modern tech doesn't make it equally unbelievable to something that redefines physics.

*cough* The real reason to limit his speed to some extent is that its far, far easier to make a plot work if he's not functionally omnipotent. A Flash that can only(!) move at multi-mach speeds ( or at least only maneuver at that speed level ) is a lot easier to meaningfully oppose than a guy who can pull the Hiro Nakamura whenever he wants, however long he wants.

*cough* The real reason to limit his speed to some extent is that its far, far easier to make a plot work if he's not functionally omnipotent. A Flash that can only(!) move at multi-mach speeds ( or at least only maneuver at that speed level ) is a lot easier to meaningfully oppose than a guy who can pull the Hiro Nakamura whenever he wants, however long he wants.

I'm fine with him only being able to just hit supersonic in the early seasons, but I want to eventually see them let loose on his speed. They could play off of having it be being genuinely dangerous to him to go beyond certain speeds as he starts to get faster. But I'd love to see something Flashpoint inspired in one of the later seasons, and that just wouldn't be possible if they held back on his powers.

And there's nothing wrong with that. It just requires accepting that, as the Flash grows in power and experience, some plots and enemies should simply not be used anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"