The Flash The Flash General Discussion and Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Put me in the camp that says they took out the chin strap. I know some of you say you can see it, and that the angle makes it hard to see, but I'm thinking maybe you guys are squinting too hard. In one picture I see a naked chin, in the other a completely concealed one. Are you guys talking about the Shadow on his lower right face (his left)?

Last edited:
Reducing the speed grounds his effect physically and thus spiritually and emotionally. And just because something can't be done with modern tech doesn't make it equally unbelievable to something that redefines physics.

It doesn't ground his effect on the world in the slightest. The speed force assured that because even at Mach speed the breaking of the sound barrier would do unimaginable damage to a city. You can ground Batman and Green Arrow because they operate under the same rules of the physical world as we do. Heroes who are superhuman can not be grounded in the same manner. There effect on the world can be grounded by how they would affect this world and our reaction to them physically, emotionally and spiritually.

He is the Flash, speed of light is a must.

BWi2YfF.jpg

LYyNRoK.jpg
tumblr_lrwuxbEpTo1r0a1sno1_500.gif

God that emblem sucks.

You know the red felt behind the logo could be chroma key... for something else.

Yeah, the more I look it, I'm not so crazy about it. Still, it's not awful.

I gotta say it is kind of surreal that we are finally getting a live action ACTUAL representation of the Flash and on the CW no less! I really got to tip my hat off to them. A few years ago they were known as the "tween network" that had nothing but teen romance dramas but MAN have they done a 180 in recent years with their programming. Shows like Nikita, Vampire Diaries, Arrow and now the freaking FLASH! They are turning into a full geek genre network now.

Yeah, the more I look it, I'm not so crazy about it. Still, it's not awful.

Yeah it's pretty much awful. Its not even the same color red as the rest of the suit.

And that makes it awful? :o

And that makes it awful? :o

If it's not gonna be accurate at least make sure the color is the same of the damn suit. Yes that makes it awful. :o

Glad we got a forum for this one. As far as the suit goes I can dig it. I'm only familiar with the DC animated stuff I've seen and all in all on a tv budget going for something that is set in the same universe as Arrow I think it is spot on. When exactly is the pilot going to drop, does anyone know?

Glad we got a forum for this one. As far as the suit goes I can dig it. I'm only familiar with the DC animated stuff I've seen and all in all on a tv budget going for something that is set in the same universe as Arrow I think it is spot on. When exactly is the pilot going to drop, does anyone know?

Probably Comic Con and then for the rest of us, late September, whenever Arrow S3 premieres.

Good looking out, really looking forward to this one. Hope these shows become juggernauts and we get to explore a huge connected DCU on the CW

Ya know, I have a feeling the original white under the lightning bolt would have looked equally bad if not more so. I trust that the award winning costume designer knew what they were doing.

Ya know, I have a feeling the original white under the lightning bolt would have looked equally bad if not more so. I trust that the award winning costume designer knew what they were doing.
Have you seen the manips with the white in place of the bright red? I personally thought it looked a lot better.

I would have preferred white as a background as well, but I still liked the promo image they released. The set photos weren't very flattering, in my opinion, but they're probably not representative of what we'll see on screen. I'll wait for the first episode to judge it in full, but I am optimistic about it so far. Could it have been better? Sure, but I think it does a fairly good job of capturing what the Flash should look like. The minor details aside, the overall effect is pretty encouraging.

The colour contrast could come on its own, depending on how it appears on film. But I agree, that does look good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"