The Flash The Flash Season 1 Episode 17 "Tricksters"

As others have said, it depends on what version of time travel they go with. The show seems to be going for a mix of two time travel theories:
A.) When you travel back in time you actually just create a new timeline
B.) Going back in time can change the time you came from.

We've already seen examples of B in the episode where Barry lost his powers and it changed Wells' article that he always references. We haven't really seen A yet, but the actor who plays Cisco has said we will revisit the timeline where he's dead. So both ideas seem to be at play.

Given that, I figured there are two possibilities.
1.) Barry Prime was erased from existence when Eobard killed Nora
2.) Eobard killed Barry Prime in his attempt to get at little Barry.

Option 1 only works if they go with the Option B time travel rules. Option 2 would be the best way to explain Barry's absence if they go with the new timeline idea. I'm sure there are other options, but I haven't thought of one yet.

Either way, it seems pretty clear that Barry Prime is either dead or erased, because RF was cut off from the speed force, and it seems he only has access to the SF if there is a Flash. So Barry Prime can't have been trapped in the past like Wells.

Do you have a link to where he said we will revisit that timeline? It fits with what I thought happened and why there wasn't 2 Barrys.

I think there are different types of time travel on the show. I don't think that Barry just went back in time I think he created another timeline. People keep saying they merged. But how it played out on screen is Both Barry's saw each other, and from their perspectives the other disappeared. And we saw both of them continue and the other disappear. The point that they saw each other would be the divergence of the timelines. So that would mean the timeline, with the tsunami, continued on without the Flash.(also could be a start of a little Multi-verse)

When the Flash is able to control what he does he'll be able go back in time without creating a new timeline and if you change something there it will change the future. I think Wells always checking to see if the future has changed shows if you change something in that timeline it will change the future in that timeline.

I think that other timeline that was created will play a bigger role this season. Wells in that timeline would be stuck. In the promo there were 2 Flashes fighting each other. Maybe he helped create a new flash(maybe eddie).

How will Barry and Joe find out what happened to the real Harrison Wells? For all they know, the one they have been interacting with is the real one. Will Eobard Thawne reveal what happened or will they discover it for themselves?

Will Barry ever restore the original timeline where the accelerator was invented in 2020 instead? This whole show is really set in an altered time line.

How will Barry and Joe find out what happened to the real Harrison Wells? For all they know, the one they have been interacting with is the real one. Will Eobard Thawne reveal what happened or will they discover it for themselves?

Will Barry ever restore the original timeline where the accelerator was invented in 2020 instead? This whole show is really set in an altered time line.

According to the trailers, I think that Joe and Lance (from Arrow) dig up a body next episode. It'll probably be someone that Thawne murdered, maybe even Harrison himself. It'll be interesting to see how this goes. (Also, depending how time travel works, maybe the 2020 particle accelerator timeline still exists separate from this one.)

I hope it's Wells who is the body, although it could be Mason Bridge or the other guy who went missing.

How would it effect Arrow as well?

I think it will be restored, then Wells can still be a regular on the show. He's too good to just kill off. Even if they have other meetings with reverse flash (after flash defeats him) it would most likely be the Thawne version.

Maybe Barry restores the original timeline and that is how Sara Lance is brought back to life. But there could be other changes too. Sara Lance might not even be the Canary, and Laurel Lance might actually be a fully competent Black Canary.

I thought maybe Iris could somehow assume Caitlin's body using that same future tech, and then she would look more like the comic Iris. :o

Great episode.

The Trickster stuff was well done and a great nostalgia trip. I really liked the flashbacks about Reverse Flash and the real Wells. It's very interesting to find out exactly how much RF really changed the events of the future due to his traveling back in time. I hope we get to see some of the other things he has affected. I thought it was interesting they brought Eddie into the fold, but not Iris. That scene/scenes with Barry and his dad were excellent, I hope he gets out of jail soon. Also, I thought that scene with Barry and Joe at the entrance of the super jail was great too. So much emotion.

Some of the stuff I didn't like were with Barry using his regular voice at the banquet, but I guess I can chalk up Iris not recognizing his voice due to the stress of the situation. I wasn't a fan of Barry suspecting Wells last week, as it just doesn't click with me and I didn't like it here either.

Maybe Barry restores the original timeline and that is how Sara Lance is brought back to life. But there could be other changes too. Sara Lance might not even be the Canary, and Laurel Lance might actually be a fully competent Black Canary.

I thought maybe Iris could somehow assume Caitlin's body using that same future tech, and then she would look more like the comic Iris. :o
Maybe Laurel is on the boat with Oliver :o

tumblr_nm49yq4kmr1qgb3zso4_250.gif
tumblr_nm49yq4kmr1qgb3zso1_250.gif

tumblr_nm49yq4kmr1qgb3zso8_250.gif
tumblr_nm49yq4kmr1qgb3zso2_250.gif

tumblr_nm49yq4kmr1qgb3zso9_250.gif
tumblr_nm49yq4kmr1qgb3zso3_250.gif

tumblr_nm49yq4kmr1qgb3zso5_250.gif
tumblr_nm49yq4kmr1qgb3zso10_250.gif

tumblr_nm49yq4kmr1qgb3zso6_250.gif
tumblr_nm49yq4kmr1qgb3zso7_250.gif

lol that's pretty eerie.

Really good episode, the show s managing to keep its quality brilliantly, it was great seeing what Eobard did 15 years ago when he failed in his mission to kill young Barry, and Hamill using his joker voice for The Trickster was great. Loved Barryh having little digs at Wells throughout also. The only WTF moment for me was Barry revealing his identity to Eddie, though I guess that will pay off at some point with the Thawne family history.

The only thing that still needs to be revealed about Wells/Thawne is how he managed to trick people into thinking he was crippled after the explosion.

I mean, wouldn't Cisco & Caitlin rush him to a hospital? Wouldn't a doctor have to treat him? Wouldn't a physical therapist have to work with him for some time?

It seems he just fell down and went "I'm crippled now." and life continued on at STAR Labs as normal.

The only thing that still needs to be revealed about Wells/Thawne is how he managed to trick people into thinking he was crippled after the explosion.

I mean, wouldn't Cisco & Caitlin rush him to a hospital? Wouldn't a doctor have to treat him? Wouldn't a physical therapist have to work with him for some time?

It seems he just fell down and went "I'm crippled now." and life continued on at STAR Labs as normal.
If he was able to manipulate the force fields that held the Reverse Flash, he may have done the same with the testing on his body.

it's possible that he was injured in the explosion, but his healing factor let him walk again. But he has to pretend to be in a wheelchair because he'd have to explain how he could walk.

it's possible that he was injured in the explosion, but his healing factor let him walk again. But he has to pretend to be in a wheelchair because he'd have to explain how he could walk.

Hmmm.That's a real good point.

If he walks again though, it might inhibit his telepathic powers. He needs to choose between them (and his hair).

Enjoyed everything except the villians in this episode. Couldn't stand them.

He did collapse and seemingly lose use of his legs in episode 11 when he lost his speed force connection, so I think he did get crippled when the accelerator blew, and tapping into the speed force allows him to use his legs again.

He did collapse and seemingly lose use of his legs in episode 11 when he lost his speed force connection, so I think he did get crippled when the accelerator blew, and tapping into the speed force allows him to use his legs again.

He was just standing when he killed Cisco.

No, I pretty much think Wells was simply faking not bring able to walk.

No, I pretty much think Wells was simply faking not bring able to walk.

Why would he collapse on the floor all immobile and say "not again" right after wasting the bit of speed force he had left in one episode?

Clearly the paralysis isn't exactly based on a lie. There is a partial truth to it. His connection to the speed force is unstable and that's probably why he can't fully "heal" his paralysis yet.

Since I am clearly dumb about the Speed Force to begin with, can someone explain to me why Wells needs Barry to run faster?

Barry is about as natural a Speedster as you can get, right? So is RF's suit powered by the energy Barry generates as he runs? Or has the RF tapped into the Speed Force in some other way?

I don't really read Flash, so I'm not as familiar with the little details.

In The Flash: Rebirth #4, Max Mercury revealed to Barry Allen that the Speed Force was created by Allen, himself, when he became the Silver Age Flash; adding that, "When [Allen runs, he generates] the kinetic wall between the present and the time barrier. It's an electrical energy that exists in every dimension, every universe, and every era. It touches every part of reality. It contains the knowledge of every place and time. The Speed Force is the all-encompassing Flash Fact."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_Force

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"