The Flash The Flash season 3 episode 1 - "Flashpoint"

KillerMcQueen

Superhero
Reaction score
THE FLASH
S3-PREMIERE "FLASHPOINT"

WHAT WOULD YOU SACRIFICE TO HAVE EVERYTHING YOU’VE EVER WANTED?
Barry is living his dream life – his parents are alive, he's asked on a date and he can finally be a normal guy as Central City has another speedster, Kid Flash, running around saving the city. When Barry starts forgetting parts of his old life, the Reverse Flash taunts his nemesis and tells him that there will be serious repercussions for Barry and the ones he loves if he continues to live in this alternate universe. In addition to losing his memories, his powers will also start to fade. When disaster strikes, Barry must decide if he wants to continue to live in this world as Barry Allen or return to his universe as The Flash.

GMTBQ1C.jpg

Clips
[YT]JiG_11dH5kI[/YT]
[YT]6503R-P83PE[/YT]
Official trailer
[YT]Dzq5H2qAyh8[/YT]

Comic-Con trailer
[YT]xGfNDFILyYU[/YT]

Promo
[YT]HJZH1H4G8TI[/YT]

Last edited:
This should be fun, and really stupid.

They should have done it right and stuck to the material, this will feel like a cheapened quickie. Like I do with the ladies.

It's not like the source of the story is any good.

It's not like the source of the story is any good.

While it's far from the best crisis DC has had, it certainly had it's fair share of interesting pieces. Thomas Wayne was great, and the Amazons vs the Atlantians. I even kinda dug the 6 piece captain planet (marvel).

Unfortunately those pieces are all grand in scale, so I highly doubt there'll even be mention of any of those.

I think they could have done the Thomas Wayne arch justice, the entire first half of this season should have been the flashpoint storyline to flesh out the new universe a bit before he goes back. Would have been awesome.

I think they could have done the Thomas Wayne arch justice, the entire first half of this season should have been the flashpoint storyline to flesh out the new universe a bit before he goes back. Would have been awesome.

If they were gonna do that I think it would've been more appropriate to switch out Batman/Thomas Wayne for Green Arrow/Robert Queen.

I presume when you say the "Thomas Wayne" arc, you mean the Robert Queen equivalent. Since Earth 1 doesn't have a Batman, but it does have a Green Arrow who fills largely the same niche.

I don't want to see an adaptation of the Flashpoint comic, for me that was when DC comics went to **** and the awful new 52 happened. (The event was great, but the changes it made to continuity that lasted like 3 years sucked)

What looks to be happening, which I couldn't be more excited about, is that the Flashpoint on the show will be an excuse to create a universe with more silver age accurate details (such as a dead on Kid Flash) without being as ridiculous

Still looking forward to this and I'm willing to accept the changes. It's been too long since this show was on.

The one thing I have always disliked and still do is the whole forced Barry and Iris relationship. And this episode starts off with that, wonderful haha.

Is there an explanation for why Barry still has his powers even though he never got struck by lightening?

I love this show, always have. But the one thing I never could stand was this forced Iris and Barry stuff. And this season is just jumping right into that. I know it's the Flashpoint and an altered timeline. But just seeing it over and over bothers me.

did he really have to take off the mask to recognize him? lol

So far so good. Although I'm confused about how Barry is an adult in this timeline with all his former memories.

I'm actually liking Reverse Flash. He's not Tom Cavanagh, but he's doing a solid job so far.

Yeah this RF isn't that bad at all he's been good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"