The Flash season 3 episode 2 - "Paradox"

Discussion in 'The Flash' started by KillerMcQueen, Sep 28, 2016.

?

Rate "Paradox"

1. 10

2. 9

3. 8

4. 7

5. 6

6. 5

7. 1

8. 3

9. 2

10. 1

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. LyneyaRose Seeker of Truth

Great episode - one of the best for the series in my opinion.

Few things:

1. Very sad to see Sara gone. I'm confused with this change: How is it possible that Flashpoint changed the biology of Diggle's offspring? How did Lila's pregnancy become effected by it? Could Lila not be the mother anymore? She was absent in the picture...

2. The old Flash team is gone - things have changed so I'm definitely going to miss that but very excited to see how this new team plays out.

3. Not the biggest fan of Felicity (I did not like Oliver and Felicity together, I'm on the Green Arrow/Black Canary bandwagon). However, I did enjoy the mini-crossover. Last season both shows were lacking that compared to the prior one (Arrow S3 and Flash S1).

Overall, great ep, looking forward to this season!

2. Speed Force Goober

That was definitely an improvement over last week's episode. Liking Alchemy so far.

3. Guard82 Registered

This episode was very neat. The emotions were very high as Barry gradually discovered all of the unnerving changes in his world after his latest alteration of the timeline. The writers handled the grim emotions of Barry's friends and family very well, and Grant Gustin again did a great job of portraying Barry's distress. All the interactions among the Team Flash members were compelling to watch.

At the same time, though, I hope this is the last time for a good long while that Barry alters the timeline. All of these changes in the timeline make your head hurt after a while. I hope the writers take a good long break from time travel now; they've done more than enough with it at this point.

I really liked Dr. Alchemy. He seems like a very intriguing villain, with a great voice and an eerie appearance. It also looks like Alchemy has some interesting motivations, where he's using his transformation powers to bring about the creation of metahumans from the previous timeline in the current timeline. It'll be interesting to learn why he's doing this, what he's "preparing" the world for, and how he knows so much about the events of the previous timeline.

4. Broseph44 Witness Me

Great episode. But as always not a fan of them shoving Barry and Iris down our throats. It's just too forced. The episode had to end with them kissing? Bleh

5. SCC Registered

So I'm guessing Alchemy is working for Savitar

6. Thome216 Registered

I'm riding shotgun on that bandwagon!

Also hoping Laurel's return isn't just flashbacks or vague visits back to Star City.

Now, back to the Flash!

7. Trainwreck2100 Registered

Him losing her cause of his time mess ups would have been a proper fate for him, basically time giving him the middle finger

8. Jedi Arrow Vigilant Knight

TBH I don't have any problem with Barry/Iris. It's not being shoved down our throats anywhere near as much as Olicity was last season, and unlike Felicity, Iris doesn't turn Barry into an emasculated puddle of uselessness; she actually inspires him to be a better hero and she doesn't domineer him like Felicity did Oliver.

9. C. Lee Superherohype Administrator

Going back and changing time started a new time line at around 20 years ago. If things started changing that long ago.....there is no telling who he may or may not have met, slept with, married, had kids by......

10. Lighthouse Fairness, Equality, Bacon

I think the bigger shock will be the introduction of freaking Kryptonians into his universe.

11. jihado86 Registered

so timeline changes and the events of Zoom stayed intact? Laurel also is dead? the odds of that happening are practically zero.
    these writers can't handle time travel.
    Butterfly effect isn't selective, I know it's possible for the events of Zoom and Laurel's death to still happen, but that's too un-probable by the logic of time changes.

I like the fact that they finally showed that every change creates a different timeline, but they still mess its logical concepts.

12. zenith16 Registered

No Laurel's alive due to flash point. but That'll be shown in both legends and arrow. I stopped watching the latter. but i'll see her in the show of legends where she'll guest star for abit .

I haven't dropped that show yet. but it'll depend on how that show's second season goes.

13. MAN O STEEL ONE BAD DAY!

I liked when Barry and Jay went to 1998 they cut to the TV and Dawson's Creek was playing. Cool reference for John Wesley Shipp there. Did no one else spot that?. lol

14. javonstokess Registered

I thought the episode was good, not great. I'm still not a fan of how bad the writers handle "time travel logic", my hope is that this episode put an end to it.

I'd also like to see less speedster villains.

15. KidFlash6969 Registered

Funny, there's this time travel movie I think it's called About Time, where they have a principle that if you time travel then your kids will be different.

It's because there's so many sperm trying to implant into the egg that if your day is off by even a millisecond then a different sperm would have fertilized the egg or something like that

16. jihado86 Registered

me too I dropped Arrow :D, and I know too many people who did the same.

17. Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

18. Thome216 Registered

That's aweome!!

But don't forget Black Siren. She's on the Flash.

19. NotNickFury Registered

Here's something that just came to me: okay, Arrow and Flash have never been clear about timelines, like Oliver helping Barry and Firestorm fight Reverse Flash while he was leading the League of Assassins, but did Barry run to Star City and expect to find someone in the Arrow cave, or would he have waited for Felicity or Oliver? Also, was Felicity just hanging out there? She didn't look to be all that busy when Barry arrived.

20. zenith16 Registered

Is she? we don't know if she'[s still in the pipe line or at iron height's any more and now that the time line's different.... barry didn't look to see did he?

she may be on earth 2 or may have been one the few that ether escaped & is fugitive earth one or something . and we have laurel back . oh so many things may have happened barry didn't look into. and we don't know if the writers care to ever address black siren.

21. haephestus Registered

I enjoyed this episode much more than the premier. It was annoying to see Barry try to fix things by travelling back in time (again), but hopefully he has finally learnt his lesson this time.

It's good to see everything back to the new normal, although I'm disappointed that Caitlin is keeping her metahuman abilities a secret. Also, wouldn't their metahuman detector thing find Caitlin? Or maybe she fixed it to ignore her? That's not to say that I'm not looking forward to seeing Caitlin become Frost (presumably a heroic version of the character). Although, I suspect that the change won't be permanent (perhaps Dr Alchemy will de power her).

Seeing the Rival again so soon was anticlimactic, but Dr Alchemy is pretty interesting. I don't know the character, but the cult leader with magical artefacts and the ability to see alternate realities and manipulate individual realities / powers is a welcome change from all of the speed based villains. And was the villain who killed the Rival someone else or Dr Alchemy? The robotic (?) arm didn't seem to belong to Dr Alchemy, so maybe it was one of his metahuman followers?

I hope that they can move on from all of the Barry and Iris drama now and just show them as a stable, supportive and loving couple. I know, it's the CW so it's unlikely. Fingers crossed!

Also Vibe was cool. And it was nice to see season 1/2 Felicity again! Much like Laurel, her character is so much better on the Flash than on Arrow.

#71 haephestus, Oct 14, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
  22. Spider-Aziz Flame Roy Returns

I might be the only remaining fan of Iris here.
    But I agree about that kiss being unnecessary.

23. BlueLanternKal Super-Lex

So the premier was a two parter. That's why episode 1 was a little wonky. Paradox is the resolution to Flashpoint.

Wish they would have aired them back-to-back.

I didn't hate Felicity in her 4 minute cameo. I wasn't bothered by the kiss. You aren't the only Iris fan Aziz.

As for everything else, it's been said. Very good episode. I did like the Flash and Vibe vs Rival fight. Barry went a little Injustice on his ass at the end there.

24. Thome216 Registered

Also liked Vibe getting into the field. Nice change of pace for Cisco.

And Caitlyn may be keeping her awakening powers a secret because of her fear of Killer Frost. She most likely is afraid of turning into that dark alter-ego.

25. Slick Yup

This episode was about even with the premiere. 8/10