The Flash season 3 episode 6 - "Shade"

Discussion in 'The Flash' started by KillerMcQueen, Oct 27, 2016.

?

Rate "Shade"

1. 10

2. 9

3. 8

4. 7

5. 6

6. 5

7. 4

8. 3

9. 2

10. 1

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. KillerMcQueen Mortal-ish

THE FLASH
    S3-E6 "SHADE"

WALLY HAS VISIONS OF BEING KID FLASH — When Wally starts having dreams about being Kid Flash, Barry realizes he has to tell Wally, Iris and Joe about what happened to Wally in Flashpoint in order to keep him safe.

JJ Makaro directed the episode written by Emily Silver & David Kob.
    Airdate 11/15/2016.

2. zenith16 Registered

So being a speedster allows you access to other time line's memory's interesting. (that's new)

3. herolee10 No More Miracles

Not necessarily. Magenta was able to have dreams of her past life as well and she wasn'ta speedster.

4. zenith16 Registered

oh yeah I for got about that. it's weirder ripple effect from flash point then I thought.

5. Spider-Aziz Head scratching webhead

[blackout]Shade?
    Theo Rossi will come to the CW and leave Ma Dillard?[/blackout]

6. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

Could be a reference to The Shade, who is an awesome villain/antihero.

And yeah, lots of people seem to have some awareness of the other life they lived. Don't know why its metahuman specific, though, you'd think lots of people over in Flashpoint would have lived notably different lives. Unless, of course, its not a natural phenomenon, but something Dr Alchemy is inducing ( he doesn't care about people whose alternate selves were normal humans ).

7. The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

I guess Wally will get his powers before the mid-season

8. Asr Registered

That'd be awesome if it was, I really liked Shade in JL/JLU and would like to see him in live action, though I'm not sure that live action would do him justice.

9. Blitzkrieg Registered

10. Blitzkrieg Registered

[YT]xvPB4dq78b4[/YT]

11. The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

12. Speed Force Goober

More Alchemy and Iris kicking a**? Sounds awesome :woot:

13. Lighthouse Fairness, Equality, Bacon

Boy, I'm at about my limit with whiny Wally. Wahwahwahwah.

14. NotNickFury Registered

Well, certainly didn't expect Caitlin to come forward with her powers so soon.

Side-note, since we're still living in an alternate timeline that Barry created, do these versions of the characters remember everything that the main timeline know up until the season 2 finale? Because they remember Harry, Earth 2, Killer Frost, and the like.

15. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

Can't believe it took them this long to get a Wells out of Starlabs and address that whole thing.

16. Lighthouse Fairness, Equality, Bacon

I want Earth-2 Wells back.

17. Spider-Fan83 with great power...

Barry blames himself/blames flashpoint for things changing, like Caitlin getting her powers (claiming she didn't have them in the original timeline) but, she only started shows signs of her power in the past month pr so, how does he know she wouldn't have gotten them in the original timeline too?

haven't we seen him with cups of coffee from the shop, and bags of fast food... wouldn't that imply that he went to go get those things

#17 Spider-Fan83, Nov 15, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
  18. RodtheMan Registered

Wow, what an ending to an episode! I'm actually kind of annoyed they ended on that note, but I guess I'll have to live with it...

19. Speed Force Goober

Pretty heavy emphasis on Barry and Wally this episode compared to the Flash, which was kind of nice.

Alchemy was pretty creepy and I wasn't really expecting Savitar to look like that.

20. The Guardian Forever In Darkness

Awesome ending, I think Julian is Alchemy.

21. vantheman77 Superman Fan 4 Life

Everyone in this episode is not too bright.

So they lock up Wally while Caitlin may soon turn evil is free.

Why didn't they tell the Earth-19 Harrison Wells about being arrested on sight?

Glad Caitlin told them about her powers instead of going through secrets like Cisqo. However, why is she turning evil when she wasn't in any timeline? Is it because of her Earth-2 counterpart?

22. BestGirl Reluctantly following Vought's orders

I really liked this episode! There were a lot of unexpected things in it, like Caitlin admitting to her powers and Wally trying to lure Alchemy into a trap. I just assumed Caitlin hiding her powers would be dragged over several episodes and Wally would just run away from the team to join Alchemy, so good job, show. The only thing I didn't like was how they defeated Shade. Didn't they say he was vibrating to create the image of a cloud? So how would turning on lights cause him to fall to the ground?

HR has finally grown on me and I thought he was hilarious at the horror movie.

23. Speed Force Goober

[​IMG]

24. The Guardian Forever In Darkness

See, I knew I was smart, despite what people tell me!:oldrazz:

25. Thome216 Registered

Good episode. I gave it an 8, which means the show is staying pretty solid for me, with some exceptions. I think Shade should have been a tougher villain to capture than that, and it certainly looked like the writers forgot what his power was and that he only resembled a shadow...

But still it was only a small part of the episode. Although, the thing of Shade attacking the same movie night show as the one Barry was supposed to attend is could be telling. If Julian is Alchemy, he could have seen it as a way to get rid of Barry at the same time that they're trying to keep the Flash distracted.

Still, I hope it's not Julian, as I think it would be too easy a plot. Maybe if he had a split personality and doesn't know he's Alchemy...

Anyway, some nice progression with Caitlyn. I'm glad she finally told them, even if it was under duress. Thanks Cisco! :cmad: I also liked that Barry is getting more heat for thoughtlessly playing with their lives for his own good. So far, Barry is a hero who is just trying to clean up his own messes.

Maybe he should go back in time just once more.:whatever:

I liked the way they left it. Savitar looks kick-ass and looks to be a real threat to Barry. Can't wait for the next episode!