The Flash The Flash Season 4 Episode 4: "Elongated Journey Into Night"

Very good episode. Liked it a lot. The only thing that keeps me from giving it a 9 was the confrontation at the end. When Gypsy's father went after Dibny, Barry was suddenly not fast enough to get out of the way, when he was fast enough to catch bullets just a few scenes earlier.

Other than that sudden handicap to buttress Cisco in his face-off with Trejo, it was a great show.

Keep up the good work.

This episode was hysterical, and the comedic tone was the only way to go for a whacky character like Elongated Man. Sawyer brought a great deal of personality to the character and the stretching CGI were much better than I expected. The team-up move with Barry at the end was pure comic book deliciousness.

I laughed when Joe lost is lunch when Ralph sneezed :funny:

Great episode a lot better then the week before where we had kind of a boring episode. A lot of humor in this episode and the new guy was great. Felt more like a season 1 episode which is great. CGI looked good to. Hope the rest of the season is more like this. Also Gypsy was really hot found out her name in real life and of course her first name is Jessica don't know why but there are a lot of good looking Jessica's both in famous women and women I have known lol and her dad was great in the episode to. Loved the part when you find out her really name.

I laughed when Joe lost is lunch when Ralph sneezed :funny:

That was awesome.

I also liked:

Barry: "Can't you see yourself shaking hands and kissing babies?"

Joe: "Ain't nobody talking about babies!"

Great episode a lot better then the week before where we had kind of a boring episode. A lot of humor in this episode and the new guy was great. Felt more like a season 1 episode which is great. CGI looked good to. Hope the rest of the season is more like this. Also Gypsy was really hot found out her name in real life and of course her first name is Jessica don't know why but there are a lot of good looking Jessica's both in famous women and women I have known lol and her dad was great in the episode to. Loved the part when you find out her really name.

Yeah, that was pretty funny where Cisco keeps trying to find out Gypsy's real name and then her father calls her Cynthia and his name is Josh.
In the comic books Gypsy is Cynthia Reynolds, so nice they kept canon and used the same name on Flash.

I actually really liked this episode.
Loved Flash running up EM's arm to the helicopter:funny:

They should never had that scene showing Flash moving so fast that time was more or less next to a standstill (the bullet scene).

Then say there was no time for him to move fast enough to get the helicopter. Judging on the bullet scene he would have had plenty of time to do what ever he wanted to do.

Not to mention not being able to avoid Breachers attacks. Or win every fight the rest of the season with ease.

They should never had that scene showing Flash moving so fast that time was more or less next to a standstill (the bullet scene).

Then say there was no time for him to move fast enough to get the helicopter. Judging on the bullet scene he would have had plenty of time to do what ever he wanted to do.

Not to mention not being able to avoid Breachers attacks. Or win every fight the rest of the season with ease.

This is a constant problem with the show.

I liked this ep, though.

Did the Ralph actor give anyone a poor man's Jim Carrey vibe?

I definitely got that vibe:funny:
I wasn't sure what to think of it in the beginning but I liked it by the end of the episode.
Excited to see more of him.

I think the equation is:
speed = story/plot * time/commercials

Maybe I heard it wrong, but didn't Barry call him Plastic Man, instead of Elongated Man? He is EM, right?

Maybe I heard it wrong, but didn't Barry call him Plastic Man, instead of Elongated Man? He is EM, right?

He did call him Plastic Man but Ralph called it stupid and Barry said Cisco is the one to come up with names.
He's EM

I liked this ep, though.

My thoughts exactly re: his speed. He's very fast this season which I enjoy. I loved seeing him catch all the grenade pieces a couple of episodes ago, the "Quicksilver scene" this past episode, and even the phasing through different floors of the building but that line about the helicopter was bs.

I don't think it was speed that was a problem for him to get to the helicopter. I think it was that he would not be able to get high enough into the air to then jump into the helicopter.

I liked this ep, though.

lolmy Youngest sister and i got in a talk about that and I came up with the joke that may be one of the writers in the writing team should be made into a villain and when ever the reasoning on the flash and the other flarrow verse shows doesn't work for fans they can blame it on that villain who has the power of "contrivance. "

But barry, you able to pull this off , whycan't you do so for this & not for these other thing's ? Barry turn's around and say's it's because of him / her and that villains power of contrivance. ...

it's sound's better in speak then in writing. face my power of contrivance.

I don't think it was speed that was a problem for him to get to the helicopter. I think it was that he would not be able to get high enough into the air to then jump into the helicopter.
yeah I think it's too hard to buy for others with the many skycrapers and high rises & other buildings simlar to those twotypes of tower of buldings which are usually in citys and they weren't flying that high when he did get on thanks to elonggated man . so the power the villanous contrivnce works there. barry worse enemy beside himself being made mentally dense at certain times.

Last edited:
Never thought I'd like the Elongated Man character. Hope he sticks around. I like that he's different from Mr. Fantastic.

Good effects, good plot. Hope to see The Thinker story develop though.

Does Team Flash smoke cigars now? Or just Joe? I mean if we're talking strictly about Barry Allen.

Considering how fast he can run, and as long as he has a good ramp, I think Barry should be able to jump into the stratosphere and maybe beyond.

I thought the reason why he couldn't get high enough at that moment, was that he was too hurt by Gypsy's father's attack to get high enough to reach the helicopter - which seemed to hang around quite a long time just waiting for Barry to come up with a plan...

Considering how fast he can run, and as long as he has a good ramp, I think Barry should be able to jump into the stratosphere and maybe beyond.

I thought the reason why he couldn't get high enough at that moment, was that he was too hurt by Gypsy's father's attack to get high enough to reach the helicopter - which seemed to hang around quite a long time just waiting for Barry to come up with a plan...
he wasn't hurt bad enough sadly it's just they didn't think people from the fan base would question that yet again which is happening alot.

again they think their audince are those obsessed withthe best kiss's that are on tumblr.

I forgot to say last night when it come to gypsy and now her dad it mean's character with cicso ability can take on barry if he's ever mind controlled again. if they are well trained enough in the use of their powers in what they can do with it.

so someone with psionic/ teleporting porting and beam blasting can take barry down. by keeping him at bay or knock him out. and we have to remember barry hasn't won a one on one fight with Gypsy .

so her dad who might be more well versed then both her and cisco may be tougher espicially since he got the drop on barry with a attack from behind. while those dirty cops /hit men who wroked for the mayor were mostly aiming at joe. he's not a guy with a common gun. so he's differanimal . again Gypsy has kicked his butt . and there' the old enemy of contrivance next to self

Does Team Flash smoke cigars now? Or just Joe? I mean if we're talking strictly about Barry Allen.
this somethat gone back as far as the days when the flintstone came about . no they don't all smoke cigars . but any one that was ababyboomer had a rule that any that be came a dad or was about to become afather would break out the cigars cause they just became a father.

most onthe day of the baby's birth inthe waiting room. but that's not allowed these days. for good reason. also if it was the cuban cigar's espcailly people these day only bring them out to hold and to take a sniff and put them back in their case and only used as very odd collector item . cause they aso expesive if you can get your hands on them. so those particular cigars are not to be smoked ever. their for show. it's mostly baby boomer thing these days and joe's the oldest person representing that gen it seem's. the latter end of it any ways.

thiswas also shown on legends of tomorrow as well cause stein's Daughter lily just had a child which they named "Ronnie stein" and they had the cigars in their hands . but we the audince didn't see them smoke it.

Last edited:
I thought that cigar scene reminded me too much of a Nancy Meyers film. Kind of corny. I think Tom should direct more episodes.

They're really not holding back with introducing JLI members to the Arrowverse. I wonder how long till Booster Gold especially considering the Berlanti connection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"