The General Comic Discussion Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Half Price Books started jacking up the prices for some OOP stuff the last year or so. Sometimes, a worker will screw up and put the book out on the shelf at half price instead of the ridiculous inflated price. Feels like getting away with a crime when I walk out the door only paying 50% off of something that was meant to be 3x the sticker price. Luckily, I've found many gems over the years and only paid 50% sticker price for them.
Strand Bookstore in Manhattan used to be better at it, but they're on top of the OOP prices more these days. They had a copy of Witzend after it went OOP but wanted near $300 for it. So instead I bought the Tales from the Crypt box set from '79 for $125 instead. Still, a lot of older books tend to be 40% off if not idiotically OOP and sometimes a remainder stock book could go for up to 80% off. Got a lot of gems there over the years, a better LCS than Forbidden Planet 2 doors away.

Wow. Why do you feel that way because I’ve heard nothing but great things about it.

Not to hijack your question to Babillygunn, but the War of Jokes and Riddles reveals a new layer of the Batman/Kite-man dynamic that doesnt sit well with me at all. It actually feels very irresponsible.

And I LIKED that story arc. And i thought it was vastly superior to the bloated, self-important crap that was Zero Year.

Got myself the Court of Owls story in the "unwrapped" edition (where Capullo's pencils are uninked and uncolored, it's beautiful).

This was my first time reading it, and I was loving it until the climax/twist, which I won't spoil in case of others. I just thought the twist was too obvious to be the real thing.

Not to hijack your question to Babillygunn, but the War of Jokes and Riddles reveals a new layer of the Batman/Kite-man dynamic that doesnt sit well with me at all. It actually feels very irresponsible.

And I LIKED that story arc. And i thought it was vastly superior to the bloated, self-important crap that was Zero Year.

Absolutely. That story made me hate Batman, specifically:

Batman screwing up, which led to Kite Man’s innocent child dying and then Batman not seeming to care that a child died due to his incompetence.

I am sure some might disagree with my take on that story. And I know some lip service was made at the end to try to redeem the situation. But it was much too little in terms of Batman’s reaction. I hate that story so much I have had to pretend in my mind that it is an elseworlds tale in order to get over it.

Just finished reading the first volume of Mike Grell's ongoing Green Arrow run and I really liked it. This was actually a lot easier to get through than the Longbow Hunters. It's been a while though, so I will most likely give that one a look again.
I will for sure pick up the next volume and I hope the quality stays the same.

Are there any TPBs of Ann Nocenti’s Daredevil run?

I’ve heard great things about her run and want to try reading it

There are, though I don't think all material has been collected. THe easiest way for you would be to check out Daredevil Epic Collections "A touch of Typhoid" and "Heart of darkness". Those collect most of those issues but it's missing both the beginning and end of that particular run.
It's only a matter of time though until the Epic line catches up and releases those as well.

So with the ongoing digital sale on Amazon Canada/Comixology (DC trades for 6 bucks), I grabbed Claremont's Wolverine and God Loves, Man Kills.

Does anyone have a good list of where the IDW TMNT mini series fit into the main series? Making sure I have them in the right order.

Does anyone have a good list of where the IDW TMNT mini series fit into the main series? Making sure I have them in the right order.
The hardcovers weave them into the story properly. I have books 1, 3 and 4 (waiting for 2 to finally show up). Should be able to find a list online what the order is on those.

Ooooooor just copy Wikipedia.

This is a chronological listing of the in-continuity comics in which the timeline of events developed.[26]
1-4. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #1-4
5. A Lot to Learn (30th Anniversary Special)
6-7. Infestation II #1-2
8. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #5
9. Micro Series - Raphael
10. Micro Series - Michelangelo
11. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #6
12. Micro Series - Donatello
13-14. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #7-8
15. Micro Series - Leonardo
16-17. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #9-10
18. Micro Series - Splinter
19-20. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #11-12
21. Micro Series - Casey Jones
22-23. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #13-14
24. Annual 2012
25. Micro Series - April
26-27. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #15-16
28. Micro Series - Fugitoid
29-32. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #17-20
33. Villains Micro Series - Krang
34. Villains Micro Series - Baxter Stockman
35-38. Secret History of the Foot Clan #1-4
39-40. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #21-22
41. Villains Micro Series - Old Hob
42-43. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #23-24
44. Villains Micro Series - Alopex
45. Villains Micro Series - Karai
46. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #25
47. Villains Micro Series - Hun
48. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #26
49. Villains Micro Series - Bebop & Rocksteady
50-51. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #27-28
52. Villains Micro Series - The Shredder
53. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #29
54. Utrom Empire #1
55. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #30
56. Utrom Empire #2
57-58. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #31-32
59. Utrom Empire #3
60. Annual 2014
61-64. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #33-36
65-68. Turtles in Time #1-4
69-72. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #37-40
73-76. TMNT/Ghostbusters #1-4
77-79. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #41-43
80. Mutanimals #1
81. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #44
82-84. Mutanimals #2-4
85. FCBD 2015 - Prelude to Vengeance
86-88. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #45-47
89. Casey & April #1
90-92. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #48-50
93-95. Casey & April #2-4
96-109. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #51-64
110-114. Bebop & Rocksteady Destroy Everything #1-5
115-118. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Universe #1-4
119. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #65
120. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Universe #5
121. Inside Out
122-126. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #66-70
127-131. TMNT Universe #6-10
132-133. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #71-72
134. Usagi Yojimbo
135. FCBD 2017 - Prelude to Dimension X
136. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #73
137-141. Dimension X #1-5
142-143. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #74-75
144-148. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Universe #11-15
149-153. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles/Ghostbusters II #1-5
154-158. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #76-80 (#78-80 unpublished)

159-163. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Universe #16-20 (#17-20 unpublished)

You're the best around, NDX! Nothing's gonna ever keep you down.

Have you not read the series yet since you don't have vol 2 yet?

Last edited:
I've read most of it online, and got the 1st HC for Christmas 2 years ago. I decided to finally continue the series because I really do like it and buy myself vol 2 for the holidays this year, which is taking forever to ship, and had a friend buy vols 3 and 4 as trade for an illustration.

I love how they are in order, and a lot of the character designs and art in the series has been great. I really like the directions they've gone in these books the last 5 years.

I've read most of it online, and got the 1st HC for Christmas 2 years ago. I decided to finally continue the series because I really do like it and buy myself vol 2 for the holidays this year, which is taking forever to ship, and had a friend buy vols 3 and 4 as trade for an illustration.

I love how they are in order, and a lot of the character designs and art in the series has been great. I really like the directions they've gone in these books the last 5 years.

Yes, I've really enjoyed this series. I didn't like the new origin, but it got really good as the series went on. Fell behind a little while ago, but I'm catching up again. I'm too far gone to go back and get those deluxe editions. (I have vol 1-15 trades and most of the mini series).

I have GI Joe in the deluxe editions from IDW and those are fantastic. Haven't read those in a while either, gotta get back into it.

I also have a book I ordered back in November that's still on its way. Kinda pissed about that.

I purposely avoided buying the trades hoping the HCs would become a thing, because I wanted to read everything in order, not having to read it all going between books. Once the HCs were announced I knew it paid off.

I'm looking at getting the original GI Joe series in the HCs, not the new series.

Is the book being delivered from Mars?

I purposely avoided buying the trades hoping the HCs would become a thing, because I wanted to read everything in order, not having to read it all going between books. Once the HCs were announced I knew it paid off.

I'm looking at getting the original GI Joe series in the HCs, not the new series.

Is the book being delivered from Mars?

Yeah, no ****ting. The delivery man better be the Martian Manhunter.

Catching up on Ninja Turtles from IDW, just read issue #50. Awesome stuff. Great battles and artwork. The final battle pays homage to the shredder fight in the 1990 movie, loved that. Don't want to say too much to avoid spoiling it for others.

Catching up on Ninja Turtles from IDW, just read issue #50. Awesome stuff. Great battles and artwork. The final battle pays homage to the shredder fight in the 1990 movie, loved that. Don't want to say too much to avoid spoiling it for others.

Nice, this is definitely going on my read asap list.

It's worth doing so. A lot of the side characters are built up really well. Old Hob is a favorite of mine.

Tom King's Vision comes out in hardcover tomorrow. :woo:

Oooh, I need to pick that up sometime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg