The General Comic Discussion Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've actually never read that (I have a kinda love/hate relationship with Morrison :funny:). I'm not a fan of Final Crisis, although I did enjoy The Return of Bruce Wayne. So do you recommend Batman Inc.?

I’m only 4 issues in, but I’m definitely intrigued. I’m not putting it down that’s for sure. He does Leviathan right, unlike whatever that was with Bendis.

I’m only 4 issues in, but I’m definitely intrigued. I’m not putting it down that’s for sure. He does Leviathan right, unlike whatever that was with Bendis.
I think I might give it a go :up: Leviathan featured heavily in the Silencer series. Did you say you were going to read that?

I think I might give it a go :up: Leviathan featured heavily in the Silencer series. Did you say you were going to read that?
Ha. I did. And I still plan to. I started it and was really enjoying it, but I got distracted. So it’s in a pile to get to. But I think after finishing Batman Inc, the timing will be right. Talia is such an interesting character and I love her interactions with Batman. I was enjoying her presence in Silencer, for what little of it I read.

What are posters here favourite superhero movies (i.e. top 10-15)?

For me, I’d say, in no particular order:

Batman Begins
The Dark Knight
Batman 66
Batman 89
Black Panther
The Incredible Hulk
Captain America First Avenger
Superman the Movie
Superman II
Man of Steel
Dark Knight Rises
First Class
Amazing Spider Man
Thor
Endgame

Also, I’m with Milk Tray Guy inasmuch as I’d go with V for Vendetta if that counts.

Superman
Batman
Batman Returns
The Mask
Men in Black
Blade
Spider-Man
Spider-Man 2
Batman Begins
The Dark Knight
The Dark Knight Rises
Deadpool
Deadpool 2
X-Men
X-Men: First Class
X-Men: Days of Future Past
Logan
Hellboy II The Golden Army
V for Vendetta
Iron Man
Iron Man 3
Ant-Man
Guardians of the Galaxy
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
Man of Steel
Batman V Superman - Ultimate Edition
Aquaman
Shazam!

Superman
Batman
Batman Returns
The Mask
Men in Black
Blade
Spider-Man
Spider-Man 2
Batman Begins
The Dark Knight
The Dark Knight Rises
Deadpool
Deadpool 2
X-Men
X-Men: Days of Future Past
Logan
Hellboy II The Golden Army
V for Vendetta
Iron Man
Iron Man 3
Ant-Man
Guardians of the Galaxy
Man of Steel
Batman V Superman - Ultimate Edition
Aquaman
Shazam!
One heck of a good list.

Thanks. I probably forgot one or the other. I also really liked "Dick Tracy" and "The Rocketeer", as well as "Captain America: The Winter Soldier," "Wonder Woman" and "Avengers: Age of Ultron." "Blade II" is cool, too, even though not as good as the first one IMO.

Of ****, I forgot one of my absolute favorite ones: "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" (1990)

Last edited:
Heck. How did I forget Logan Wonder Woman and Aquaman?

I just started re-reading Batman Incorporated. Morrison is a really good storyteller. I find his work to often be unsettling in the sheer amount of collateral damage in his stories. A lot of innocents die.

I think Morrison's five year run on Batman is all around the greatest Batman arc ever told. It is overwhelmingly phenomenal.

Can anybody please help me out with a bit of advice?

Today I picked up the H/C of Doomsday Clock: Part One. I've not read any of Doomsday Clock before as I've been waiting on the trade. I've read/own the DC Universe: Rebirth one-shot and the Batman/The Flash: The Button H/C (I've also read the original Watchmen). Is there anything else I need to read before diving into Doomsday Clock, in order to fully understand and appreciate it?

Thanks.

Can anybody please help me out with a bit of advice?

Today I picked up the H/C of Doomsday Clock: Part One. I've not read any of Doomsday Clock before as I've been waiting on the trade. I've read/own the DC Universe: Rebirth one-shot and the Batman/The Flash: The Button H/C (I've also read the original Watchmen). Is there anything else I need to read before diving into Doomsday Clock, in order to fully understand and appreciate it?

Thanks.
Assuming you have read Watchmen, I cannot think of anything.

I will be interested to know your thoughts on Doomsday Clock. I have my own opinion but I’d like to hear yours.

Assuming you have read Watchmen, I cannot think of anything.

I will be interested to know your thoughts on Doomsday Clock. I have my own opinion but I’d like to hear yours.
Thanks BBG. I'll probably give DCU: Rebirth and The Button a reread first then. I'll certainly post once I've read Doomsday Clock (annoyingly, the part two H/C doesn't come out till May :argh:). I look forward to hearing your thoughts too.

Finished reading Up in the Sky. LOVED it, already pre-ordered the collected edition. If Batfans don't want him, I'd happily take Tom King on an ongoing Superman title. Between this and his short story in Action #1000, the more Tom King Supes the better, far as I'm concerned.

What are posters here favourite superhero movies (i.e. top 10-15)?
The Dark Knight
The Avengers
Captain America: Civil War
The Dark Knight Rises
Iron Man
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Wonder Woman
Avengers: Endgame
Batman Begins
Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse

Score of 9-10:
Joker
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
The Dark Knight Rises
The Dark Knight
Batman Begins
Logan
Thor Ragnarok

Score of 8:
Wonder Woman
Avengers: Endgame
Captain America: The First Avenger
Iron Man
Black Panther
Guardians of the Galaxy
V for Vendetta
Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse

Okay, decided to do a four-phase pre(re)read, as a build-up to launching into Doomsday Clock for the first time;

Watchmen (seriously long time since I last read that) ------> Flashpoint (just the core series) ------> DC Universe: Rebirth ------> Batman/The Flash: The Button

Hoping to get underway with Watchmen tomorrow or the day after.

So it has been a while since I picked up a recent Action/Superman comic and while I do miss it I still won't buy a new mainstream Superman comics as long as Bendis is writing them. And while I know DC won't miss my money; it's just the principal.

I'm skipping Action, sorta reading Superman when I remember.

Can't wait for the new Batman animated comic! Hopefully we get nice HC collections now of the Adventure comics that came before. Getting those back issues comes with a hefty price tag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"