The General Comic Discussion Thread - Part 2

Huh.

DC Comics Replaces All Of Grant Morrison Superman Omnibus For Free

I bought this omnibus (I noticed the page missing dialogue and just thought it was kinda cool tbh - I've never owned a misprint before, lol), and just got a notice from my seller that we can just send in a pic of the stripped cover and our order number to get a refund.
:up: My hardcover copy of Vampirella: Roses for the Dead has exactly the same thing, a page missing all dialogue. Fortunately the page still makes sense (in fact I thought it was intentional at first), and like you, I thought it was kinda cool. In fact I still do. I've seen a scan online of the page with dialogue and I actually prefer the version without! :yay:

:up: My hardcover copy of Vampirella: Roses for the Dead has exactly the same thing, a page missing all dialogue. Fortunately the page still makes sense (in fact I thought it was intentional at first), and like you, I thought it was kinda cool. In fact I still do. I've seen a scan online of the page with dialogue and I actually prefer the version without! :yay:
Yeah this is the page in question:

IMG_0962.jpg
In the original version, the dialogue there is Luthor interrogating Supes about his rocket. But the way it is here, it looks like Luthor and Supes are having a private standoff through the glass or something, so it still kinda works, lol.

My Absolute Kingdom Come has a page of missing dialogue too. I do not prefer that.

Now I'm sad again.

My Absolute Kingdom Come has a page of missing dialogue too. I do not prefer that.

Now I'm sad again.
Sorry to hear that. KC is the only Absolute edition I own, it's beautiful. No chance for refund or replacement?

Sorry to hear that. KC is the only Absolute edition I own, it's beautiful. No chance for refund or replacement?
I contacted DC multiple times. They never responded. Apparently they did a return for them long before I even bought this copy and I found out too late to return it to the store.

I contacted DC multiple times. They never responded. Apparently they did a return for them long before I even bought this copy and I found out too late to return it to the store.
That's a pain. Did you pay full price for it?

It's a shame that DC soured their relationship with Alex Ross. Talk about a major loss.

Agreed. Alex Ross reminds me of Eddie Vedder music in the 90s or Terrance Mann films in the early 2000s. If they release a work, it’s an event. Everything they do seem special and on a different plane.

That's a pain. Did you pay full price for it?
20% off of retail because I was a regular at the shop. So about 90$ with tax. Not worth it. I asked the letter if he'd do a custom fill for me at a con. He shot me down hard.

Let's be honest, Robins is most likely gonna end up winning. :funny: Still some cool pitches in here though!

Let's be honest, Robins is most likely gonna end up winning. :funny: Still some cool pitches in here though!

I’d love to have either the Jesse Quick, the Zatanna or the Ambush Bug series.

JLQ? Justice League of Queens, NY?

DC Festival of Heroes Introduces Monkey Prince!
DC Festival of Heroes will treat readers to the first appearance of an all-new character, the Monkey Prince. Debuting in a story written by award-winning writer Gene Luen Yang (Superman Smashes the Klan, Batman/Superman, New Super-Man) with art by Bernard Chang (Teen Titans, Batman Beyond), Monkey Prince is inspired by the Monkey King, legendary hero of Chinese mythology and the classic tale Journey to the West. In Yang and Chang’s original 12-page story, “The Monkey Prince Hates Superheroes,” Monkey Prince battles and teams up with Shazam to defeat both the evil Dr. Sivana and a Chinese deer demon spirit!

DCFOH_MonkeyPrinceCvr(2)_6067843c306f89.23125459.jpg

Just bought the Grant Morrison Batman Omnibus Volumes 1-3 as well as the Superman Action Comics Omnibus by Grant Morrison and Absolute All Star Superman on Amazon. Yeah my wallet hates me right.

I always wanted to read Grant’s Batman run and All Star Superman. I’ve read that first 8 issue arc of Action Comics back when the New 52 launched but didn’t continue after that so I’m happy to finally finish that run.

Last edited:
batman looks something like the owl from watchman, joker , secret agents., ww2 any ideas ??

Just bought the Grant Morrison Batman Omnibus Volumes 1-3 as well as the Superman Action Comics Omnibus by Grant Morrison and Absolute All Star Superman on Amazon. Yeah my wallet hates me right.

I always wanted to read Grant’s Batman run and All Star Superman. I’ve read that first 8 issue arc of Action Comics back when the New 52 launched but didn’t continue after that so I’m happy to finally finish that run.
I love All Star Superman. I wasn’t enamored with Morrison’s Batman run, although I know a lot of folks loved it. My only knock on Morrison is it sometimes feels like he is telling a story and forgets to mention huge chunks of the story. At least that’s my take on it. It may very well be that I just require a lot of hand holding in the process.
I will say that I never got that feeling from All Star Superman. That’s a complete work and I think it is far and away Morrison’s best.

I love All Star Superman. I wasn’t enamored with Morrison’s Batman run, although I know a lot of folks loved it. My only knock on Morrison is it sometimes feels like he is telling a story and forgets to mention huge chunks of the story. At least that’s my take on it. It may very well be that I just require a lot of hand holding in the process.
I will say that I never got that feeling from All Star Superman. That’s a complete work and I think it is far and away Morrison’s best.
Have you read Grant Morrison’s JLA run because I also ordered the omnibus of that one like 2 hours ago and it should arrive tomorrow.

Second round of voting for Round Robin! If you click the link, they have the creative teams listed too!

Liking that Monkey Prince design, im looking forward to this Festival of Heroes thing.

Comic week was neat, especially Batman 107.
I really loved how they showed different designs of Scarecrow, that was cool.
And im liking the current Scarecrow design, its super neat.
Also the Harley Quinn design is good too.
Nice to see Renee Montoya back, Ghostmaker continues to be a really good character that fits well...but i cant help but miss the batfamily as a whole.
But its nice that we got Barbara...and Matches Malone. XD

Crime Syndicate is cool too, im liking it so far.

Suicide Squad i like too currently, the fist 2 issues were neat.

Im really excited for next Weeks Batman: The Detective.

I miss the Bat family as well, however Oracle is awesome as always, and Ghostmaker and Harley are really surprisingly entertaining together. I do wish that we saw more of Cassandra and Stephanie as the Batgirls though, as opposed to them only being mentioned.

I didn’t find the whole Magistrate subplot to be that interesting in Future State, so seeing what leads up to it has been a bit boring. I’m liking Scarecrow, but everything else has been underwhelming, story-wise, even if it has been well written.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"