The Good Citizens of Metropolis: The Casting Thread

Teller's character in top gun is suppose to be in his 20s and he pulled it off. He still has a boyish look about him, but with a punchable face, ideal for Supes.
oprah-what.gif

Nicolas Cage as Jor-El or Jonathan Kent… please make it happen
If I had to pick one it would be Jor-El... although if he plays Pa Kent he could learn the phrase "Put the Kryptonite back in the box"

Oh yeah, Yeah I have seen Sunny since its early days. My issue is he would still be a joke, regardless of how seriously he plays the role he will always be funny, we would still see him as Dennis and then we would again have a "joke" Lex which I so baddly want to escape from.

Even when he is playing a dark side of Dennis is still for laughs and I worry that is what we will see.

If it’s not played for laughs, it won’t be funny. I’m not worried.

I almost wanna suggest nic cage for Lex, almost.

I would simply suggest... if a certain Latverian resident doesn't pan out... then a certain billionaire megalomaniac might be right up a certain Ken doll's alley...

If it’s not played for laughs, it won’t be funny. I’m not worried.
But I think because his previous scary angry character is still a joke that people will struggle to separate them. It's like everytime I see Tim Hiedecker in something, no matter how straight he plays it I can't help but laugh because he often plays the straight hi guy but his history makes it hard to separate them.

I dunno , I just honestly think people would laugh straight away in the cinema when they see Glenn before he even opens his mouth.

But I think because his previous scary angry character is still a joke that people will struggle to separate them. It's like everytime I see Tim Hiedecker in something, no matter how straight he plays it I can't help but laugh because he often plays the straight hi guy but his history makes it hard to separate them.

I dunno , I just honestly think people would laugh straight away in the cinema when they see Glenn before he even opens his mouth.
It’s Always Sunny isn’t nearly mainstream enough for that to happen. 80% or more of the moviegoing audience will have no clue who Glenn Howerton is. It’s not like he was on a zeitgeist show like Friends or Big Bang Theory.

It’s Always Sunny isn’t nearly mainstream enough for that to happen. 80% or more of the moviegoing audience will have no clue who Glenn Howerton is. It’s not like he was on a zeitgeist show like Friends or Big Bang Theory.

It's one of the longest running tv shows and I think a large portion of gen Z and millenials are massively aware of the show. I'd say it's pretty mainstream, it might not have mass appeal due to its content but definitely very well known.

It's one of the longest running tv shows and I think a large portion of gen Z and millenials are massively aware of the show. I'd say it's pretty mainstream, it might not have mass appeal due to its content but definitely very well known.
People know OF it for sure, but the only reason it’s so long-running is because it’s on an off-beat cable network that requires very little in terms of ratings, and is critically-acclaimed. It has a very dedicated fanbase of about 3-4 million viewers in the US through multiple platforms. That’s perfectly respectable, but far from “mainstream.” It’s more of a cult favorite. The majority of the moviegoing audience has never seen an episode, I can guarantee it.

No show that airs on FX would be considered “mainstream” honestly.

It's kinda like how everybody has seen this pic but nobody knows who that guy is or knows what the show is. :o

tumblr_ojyrf4z4dh1rrkahjo3_500.gifv

People know OF it for sure, but the only reason it’s so long-running is because it’s on an off-beat cable network that requires very little in terms of ratings, and is critically-acclaimed. It has a very dedicated fanbase of about 3-4 million viewers in the US through multiple platforms. That’s perfectly respectable, but far from “mainstream.” It’s more of a cult favorite. The majority of the moviegoing audience has never seen an episode, I can guarantee it.

No show that airs on FX would be considered “mainstream” honestly.

I disagree but I wont bother getting into it.

Well I certainly enjoy the casting. :funny:

Not just the lead though. Only one I don't care for there is Duhamel. Nice fan edit. :up:

Well I certainly enjoy the casting. :funny:

Not just the lead though. Only one I don't care for there is Duhamel. Nice fan edit. :up:

I don't even pay attention to the casting. It's just the feeling of the trailer. It feels so hopeful, inspirational, epic and meaningful. Whomever they cast I'll trust they know what their doing.

I don't even pay attention to the casting. It's just the feeling of the trailer. It feels so hopeful, inspirational, epic and meaningful. Whomever they cast I'll trust they know what their doing.

I'm personally tired of the "importance of Superman" stuff we keep getting, it's so dreary and comes across as a bit pretentious.

I want to have fun not cry because I am proud of Superman, I want to smile and cheer for Supes.

The tone of this trailer is the opposite of what I am after. They did a great job piecing it all together and I did like most of the casting but I feel it certainly unsold me on Corenswet though.

Thanks for sharing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"