The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Gwen Thread

What are the chances they have Peter's next affair/romance be with Black Cat instead?

He's probably not gonna be ready for a girlfriend type in the next movie, so it would seem more fitting to have him be involved in a flirty, non-serious type encounter with Cat.

So that was actually THE Felicia in those scenes?

Yeah, I'm not really excited for MJ, so in love with Gwen, we're gonna miss her for realz.

I'm too used to Gwen being the main love interest now.

I couldn't even watch Spider-Man 1 last week.

Yeah, I'm not really excited for MJ, so in love with Gwen, we're gonna miss her for realz.

giphy.gif

That's kind of the point. We're in the same boat as Peter in that we're really gonna miss her. The actress that ends up playing MJ is gonna have her work cut out in winning the audience over…

Oh how we're gonna miss you Miss Stone. :csad:

[YT]bLBSoC_2IY8[/YT]

Last edited:
People fell in love with Gwen so much because she was played by Emma Stone. In fact that probably helped keep these films afloat.

Well played, Sony. Well played...

'Cept it's going to bite you on the bum for TASM3.

People fell in love with Gwen so much because she was played by Emma Stone. In fact that probably helped keep these films afloat.

Well played, Sony. Well played...

'Cept it's going to bite you on the bum for TASM3.

Emma Stone as Gwen is perfect,but at least for me it was never was because of that lol

What are the chances they have Peter's next affair/romance be with Black Cat instead?

He's probably not gonna be ready for a girlfriend type in the next movie, so it would seem more fitting to have him be involved in a flirty, non-serious type encounter with Cat.

I'd say there's a really good chance of that happening. Putting aside that it makes sense from a storyline standpoint, Felicity Jones had a large credit despite what was more a cameo role, I have a really hard time thinking she didn't take Shailene's spot and is signed up as the female lead for ASM3.

I guess my one issue is, I just don't see how Peter is able to rectify that all his worst fears came true. He got Gwen killed. He promised Capt. Stacy that wouldn't happen. And he broke that promise. Gwen still died.

I don't know, I just don't feel like Aunt May's speech or Gwen's speech really rectified it to me.

I don't know. I feel like how everything came out here came out crooked instead of really tight, organic, and natural.

The 5-6 months he spent mourning was enough for me…

Very minimal but its said a lot for me. For me, those months were in fact Peter coming to that realization that all of his fears did come true.

I went into TASM1 thinking "I don't know, Emma Stone is good and all but seriously, Gwen? Why Gwen!?"

After TASM2 "WHY GWEN!? WHYYYYYYYY!" :(

:( :(

I went into TASM1 thinking "I don't know, Emma Stone is good and all but seriously, Gwen? Why Gwen!?"

After TASM2 "WHY GWEN!? WHYYYYYYYY!" :(

:( :(

Man i almost jumped my apartment window when she was annuanced as Gwen :hrt:

Man i almost jumped my apartment window when she was annuanced as Gwen :hrt:

It's amazing how one film can change your perception of a character.

I grew up mostly on Ultimate and did not like Gwen's character one bit.

I personally thought Ultimate Gwen was awesome, but to each their own.

I would much rather see Felicia be an antagonist than a love interest, so MJ should be the next LO for Peter.

I personally thought Ultimate Gwen was awesome, but to each their own.

I would much rather see Felicia be an antagonist than a love interest, so MJ should be the next LO for Peter.

Ultimate Gwen's got spunk. I've liked what I've seen of her ineractions with Miles.

I can see Sony duplicating the Widow/Cap relationship from Winter Soldier. Maybe with a little bit more flirting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"