The Harley Quinn News and Discussion Thread

I love it when I'm wrong, I hated Kaleys initial casting but this is her best role to date.
Same. I assumed she'd just sound like herself. But I ended up pleasantly surprised. I think the main reason I thought this was going to suck was that awful looking movie that came out a few years back. I never watched it, just the trailer. But I assumed this was a similar project and I wanted nothing to do with it. :funny:

Just mowed through both seasons of this and yeah the hype is deserved. This show is amazing and honestly while I would love another season I kind of thought it ended perfectly and beautifully for Ivy and Harley. There are so many great, scene stealing characters in this that its hard for me to pick which ones are my favorites. Bane and Frank probably stand out the most to me right now, although I could have done with more of Alfred and Bruce interactions in Season 2, because those were pure gold lol. I also really loved the voice casting, especially Alan Tudyk as both Clayface and Joker and Diedrich Bader as Bruce Wayne/Batman.

Now, that the DCAU is being rebooted I think it would be pretty awesome if they got those two to do a legit DC animated movie along with Chris Meloni's Commissioner Gordon and Michael Ironside's Darkseid.

Now, that the DCAU is being rebooted I think it would be pretty awesome if they got those two to do a legit DC animated movie along with Chris Meloni's Commissioner Gordon and Michael Ironside's Darkseid.
Meloni's Jim Gordon cracked me up! That episode where Clayface's hand became Jim's new best friend! :funny:

Bought Season 1. This show is a gem.

The Maxie Zeus/Clayface scene destroyed me. "Son, you are the spitting image of your mother!"

Last edited:
For those who have HBO Max, even if you've watched the show before, please watch it/leave it playing in the background so we get season 3!

Whoever decided to keep the Bane voice from TDKR deserves a raise.

One of the funniest details of the show.

Agreed and that's honestly what I loved the most about this version of Ban. I honestly don't think I can watch TDKR again and not laugh whenever Hardy's Bane is onscreen despite the fact that I do still really enjoy that film.

Bane explaining that punishing pit in his Tom Hardy voice is worthy binging season 2 alone. And then again, frakking Darkseid got somehow mixed up in this? And Harley had to fight Granny Goodness? The awesomeness of this show have no limits it seems. And just in singular episodes.

I always loved this super stressful version of Gordon. And when Batgirl came around I was kinda pleased when

Barbara relieved her true identity. Nowadays, when superheroes hide their secret alias, it still feels kinda awkward how they would keep it a secret to their parents without really disguise their voice.

Also, Harley and Ivy finally kissing felt like they've building up for that. Kinda predictable, but yeah it was supposed to be there. I have an issue with this romantic stuff in super heroics but I guess it was just supposed to be happening.

Edit: Ahahahaa!... Themiscyra as some kinda tourist place, that's hilarious.

Romance has been part of Superheroes since they practically got created.

Trying not to read into the fact that Doom Patrol got a S3 announcement at FanDome, but this didn't. :nrv:
Sadly, you have to.

From the Hollywood Reporter:

Harley Quinn, meanwhile, has picked up steam since its first two seasons arrived on Max. It is currently awaiting word on its future, though sources say renewal negotiations hinge on a new budget for the series. That process has been stalled by the major executive shake-up at the streamer that saw senior leaders Bob Greenblatt and Kevin Reilly pushed out and oversight of the platform given to HBO's Casey Bloys.

'Doom Patrol' Renewed for Season 3 on HBO Max | Hollywood Reporter

Fingers crossed for a renewal but I wouldn’t hold my breath on it happening, if I were you.

I'd think with it moving to MAX that the current budget/bigger budget would be guaranteed.

I'd think with it moving to MAX that the current budget/bigger budget would be guaranteed.

I think its more that they DON'T want to give it a similar/bigger budget. I imagine the cast is quite expensive to begin with.

Also, it sounds like somebody high up just doesn't like the show.

Honestly, I'd rather have more HQ than another season of 'Young Justice'. Put that money elsewhere WB.

I think its more that they DON'T want to give it a similar/bigger budget. I imagine the cast is quite expensive to begin with.

Also, it sounds like somebody high up just doesn't like the show.

Honestly, I'd rather have more HQ than another season of 'Young Justice'. Put that money elsewhere WB.

Yeah but thats the thing. HBO MAX has to have more money to shell out than DCU ever did so HQs current budget should be fine despite whoever the new higher ups are. Its been an obvious hit. they moved it it over after DP. Though if they do pick it up, hopefully its for another 26 episodes so they can break it up and we dont have another 3 year wait like we'll have with YJ.

I think theres still hope. The show just ended 2 months ago and now its on a new platform. Doom Patrol is a bit different since S2 was already a HBO Max budget show so its easier to renew. With that said, we need to likely hear news by December or its probably postponed/cancelled

giphy.gif

FINALLY. I can breathe again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"