• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Helmet of Fate

Y'know, I'd rather have that than have it be Kent again. :p

According to this interview. Stever Gerber is doing the Dr. Fate ongoing and it will indeed be Kent Nelson.

Personally, I'd rather a new character.

Well, it is a new character, kind of. It's the grand-nephew of Kent Nelson. I seriously hope he resembles Kent Nelson only in the slightest, and if he's a recarnation of him I'm going to be pissed.

Ohh looks like I skipped past that line.

That's cool actually, I don't mind it being a family thing.

ugh....just...ugh....

kent nelsons grandson?

DC complains about there being too many fates...so what do they do? they have YET ANOTHER guy take up the mantle.

they shouldve just brought the original kent back

Fans moan about the revolving door of death and what do they do when they bring in new characters; moan about how they should bring dead characters back to life.

yenaled said:
Fans moan about the revolving door of death and what do they do when they bring in new characters; moan about how they should bring dead characters back to life.

i ***** about ****ty new characters and characters that shouldnt have died... like oh... wally... or barts suck ass characterization... i like kyle... he rocks!

I can cope with Nelson's grandson. Much better choice for Fate than the one- shot characters.

Looking foreward to this one now. :up:

sethcohen said:
i ***** about ****ty new characters and characters that shouldnt have died... like oh... wally... or barts suck ass characterization... i like kyle... he rocks!

Bingo...

There's probably nothing they cant do with the original kent nelson that they'll do with this new guy.

This book will get cancelled by at least issue #25.

Darthphere said:
This book will get cancelled by at least issue #25.

hopefully...and maybe dc will freaking realize that constantly replacing heroes with new characters ISNT the answer to everything.

you want new heroes? Be original. Make up a new concept.

Not because of that, I just dont see a Dr. fate book selling period.

Thankfully, it's Kent's grand-NEPHEW and not grandSON. I can accept some of the unknown (until they pop up) children the Golden Agers have sired, but I hope they don't keep doing it. Kate/Manhunter is about where I draw the line. I love the legacy angle DC has, but sometimes it means more when it's another person that gets inspired instead of someone that picks up the mantle out of family obligation.

"Demons of the mind and demons of the spirit", that's a very intriguing concept, I hope they manage to pull it off.

More b!tch!ng than usual or you trying to be funny?

The latter. Ill be picking this up because Gerber is the man and Fate is gangsta, but im ready for the cancellation.

The grand-nephew of Kent Nelson whose name is Kent Nelson...as Dr. Fate?

:rolleyes:

Hmph.

I had hoped that Ralph would be Fate since it'd be a fresh spin that came logically out of the events of 52. Barring that, I hoped that they would at least come up with a new angle for this much-lauded new age of magic they've got instead of a Golden Age retread.

I also want Kyle Rayner to be my writhing love slave, so I guess I can't always have what I want:(.

Who's the Sorcerer? I recognize everyone but him.

EDIT: Nevermind, Gerber says it's Sargon. Didn't he die? Neil Gaiman told me he died.

EDITx2: Heheheheh, "Gerber." Like a gerbil. Or a gerber baby. Or something.

BrianWilly said:
EDIT: Nevermind, Gerber says it's Sargon. Didn't he die? Neil Gaiman told me he died.

Neil Gaiman also said that Hector Hall was dead. While he's DC's authority on the personification of Death, he sure as shootin' ain't DC's authority on who stays dead.

BrianWilly said:
EDITx2: Heheheheh, "Gerber." Like a gerbil. Or a gerber baby. Or something.

You can get a better run out of Gaiman. :o

I always pronounced it gye-man, 'cause if I did anything else I'd never be able to read anything of his without dissolving into fits of schizophrenic laughter.

MiracloFiend said:
I can cope with Nelson's grandson. Much better choice for Fate than the one- shot characters.

Looking foreward to this one now. :up:
I hope they turn Dr. Fate into a faux "badass" mercenary type, with ******ed tattoos and a perfectly hate-able personality, and not even in a love-to-hate kind of way.

Oh, they already did that.

But seriously, I wouldn't mind Zauriel being the new Nabu-type hostie thing, and Kent being the guy behind the mask.

Why bother with an ongoing? Dr Fate is an interesting character, but I can't see how they'll keep it so in a solo ongoing. I agree with Darth on this - it'll be cancelled sooner rather than later.

So Kent's great nephew Kent is taking over - hmmm - well while it doesn't overly excite me, its better than a lame ass like Zauriel being the new fate.

droogiedroogie2 said:
I hope they turn Dr. Fate into a faux "badass" mercenary type, with ******ed tattoos and a perfectly hate-able personality, and not even in a love-to-hate kind of way.

Oh, they already did that.

Ug. Mid 90's Fate. Yeah, we don't talk about that guy. :whatever: :oldrazz:

Dr. Fate can certainly be interesting for a solo title, just like the Spectre was interesting while John Ostrander wrote the title. It's always down to whether the writer can pull it off.

And even if he does, if people want to buy it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"