Feb 07 Solits.

Died in a heart attack of joy?

MaskedManJRK said:
Yes, actually. I'd personally find it f**king hilarious. :woot:
But we already know that nine out of ten times, Bat[whichever] beats the living **** out of Super[whichever].

Assassin said:
ION_Cv11_solicit.jpg

how is it possible to draw Donna Troy so fugly?
Simple. Just do it exactly like this guy did. From a strange perspective, focussing on unflattering aspects of the face.

Assassin said:
FLSv2_Cv9_Solicit-revised.jpg

Van Sciver :up:
In the idealism of my innermost mind, I'm imagining a de-aged Barry and Wally coming back and de-aging Bart, and they'll all be Flashy all at the same time as Flash, Kid Flash, and Impulse.

twylight said:
Same could be said for the recent cover art for Birds of Prey. >.<

Speaking of which..seeing the cover and solicit for it..I'm really glad I dropped it but it breaks my heart seeing that wanna-be Batgirl on there. :csad:

Little dissapointed there will be an influx of 'super-powered' heroines there. I rather liked it being either no powers of limited powers. Now it's going to be like an all female Outsiders group.

bop103finallf0.jpg

And I never thought I'd say this but...I think I'll be picking The Flash up. :wow:
Um...the original Bird of Prey was Power Girl...

Darthphere said:
Both of my sisters are older than me and we get into fights all the time, but its never a big deal. Though, i know how you feel, I always wished I had a brother to throw around a football with or something, with my luck he'd be gay and be like "Ewww! No, I just did my nails!":csad:
Are there a lot of gay dudes running around with painted nails? I mean, I'm not saying there aren't, but I never saw any. I know a gay dude, and he's pretty gay, pretty much totally gay, but he doesn't paint his nails.

droogiedroogie2 said:
Are there a lot of gay dudes running around with painted nails? I mean, I'm not saying there aren't, but I never saw any. I know a gay dude, and he's pretty gay, pretty much totally gay, but he doesn't paint his nails.

Doing your nails does not equal painting them. Trust me, I have 2 sisters.

droogiedroogie2 said:
That's Darth? Wow.

And here I was thinking he looked like Samuel L. Jackson smoking a cigarette.

:huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

Darthphere said:
Doing your nails does not equal painting them. Trust me, I have 2 sisters.
It's true, whenever I'm around girls primping and doing everything they can to divorce themselves from how they actually look, I leave. It makes me throw up to see women compulsively making themselves look different.

Thoughts;

I was going to drop Batman, but I really do want to see what Morrison is doing with Joker. So I guess I'm staying on for a while. Paul Dini will obviously keep the ball rolling with Detective I don't think he's going to mess up.

Action Comics in 3D... yawn? Not event counting the fact that 3D doesn't work for me, I couldn't even careless. Then &#8220;Camelot Falls" continues in Superman with Busiek which promises to be 12 times more exciting than anything that Johns is putting out even with 3D ACTION POPPING OFF YOUR PAGE.

Why is Supergirl fighting Batgirl? Who is writing under Joe Kelly's name? Loeb? You have been rather quiet 'at' Marvel.

Did anyone really want to see Batman and Superman fight Aliens and Predator which must be for the 100th time as well.

I'll defiantly be getting the Zauriel one shot, but I'm not sure about the others don't really know if I care enough.

Buiseks last Aquaman is a shame, he seems to have come and gone all too quickly. But hopefully Aquanoobs first supervillian showdown will be a good final issue.

Blue Beetle is the title I can't bring myself to drop, I don't think it is delivering what it is promising but I do enjoy the story and want to see where it is going. The new artist Rafael Albuquerque looks amazing and hopefully he's timely too.

Connor Hawke, Mystery in Space, Tales of the Unexpected: all minis which won't sell as well as they should but from what I've read so far they are excellent.

New Flash writer, won't be picking it up still.

Brave and the Bold should be great although they couldn't have picked a less exciting starting heroes.

Green Lantern, Corps, Ion... Ion looks so damn great. They better make it an ongoing.

I wish Luke Ross would come back to Jonah Hex, not that I'm not enjoying the artists I just miss Ross.

JLA will still probably be picking the team, while at least over at Classified we have Dan Slott. Talking of Classified another Dr. Mid-Nite focus for JSA Classified... well he is great. And please God let Johns' JSA be awesome.

Manhunter comes back an in every issue she teams up with heroes. I don't like that; well it might increase sales or it might really harm what the book had going for it.

Spirit looks ****ing awesome, more Cooke more of the time.

I still don't can't make my mind up, or understand what Winick is doing with Shazam. At least we have Jeff Smith's long awaited mini coming out to give us some real Captain Marvel.

That seems to be a new Red Bee on the cover of Uncle Sam, never expected that. Also the Ray is blacked out... that better mean he is Ray Terrill. If they are just playing with us I will be so upset.

yenaled said:
Action Comics in 3D... yawn? Not event counting the fact that 3D doesn't work for me, I couldn't even careless. Then “Camelot Falls" continues in Superman with Busiek which promises to be 12 times more exciting than anything that Johns is putting out even with 3D ACTION POPPING OFF YOUR PAGE.
Yep, 3D comics are pretty good and ******ed.

yenaled said:
Why is Supergirl fighting Batgirl? Who is writing under Joe Kelly's name? Loeb? You have been rather quiet 'at' Marvel.
Because, somehow, the only villain that can beat Supergirl is Batgirl.

yenaled said:
Did anyone really want to see Batman and Superman fight Aliens and Predator which must be for the 100th time as well.
Whassis? Is there another one of those damn things coming out or something?

yenaled said:
New Flash writer, won't be picking it up still.
Well at least browse it to see if the guy's any good...

yenaled said:
I wish Luke Ross would come back to Jonah Hex, not that I'm not enjoying the artists I just miss Ross.
Dude, that series is one of the few over the past couple of years that has yet to disappoint me. At all. Even convinced me to go back and reread all my old Jonah Hex issues from Vol. 1. Those are some of the only pre-1980s comics that still hold up as well as anything today.

yenaled said:
Manhunter comes back an in every issue she teams up with heroes. I don't like that; well it might increase sales or it might really harm what the book had going for it.
Part of what Manhunter was about was showing how a basically regular person deals with a superpowered nation. Her interactions with heroes, since she's become a hero, reflect that. And is it really EVERY issue? I can't recall more than a few, off the top of my head. And that has more to do with the fact the entire DCU is more cohesive these days. Heroes show up in other people's books all the time. Superman, Green Lantern, Superman-Batman, Outsiders, Teen Titans, Robin...they're everywhere.

yenaled said:
I still don't can't make my mind up, or understand what Winick is doing with Shazam. At least we have Jeff Smith's long awaited mini coming out to give us some real Captain Marvel.
Buddy of mine loves it, one of the few DC books he's reading right now, and I just can't dig it. I think it might be because every time I sit down to read it, I'm really f'n tired or something. I don't know. I want to like it, but I just don't yet.

droogiedroogie2 said:
Well at least browse it to see if the guy's any good...

Actually, what I have read from the writer is good. But I just don't care about Bart, and I probably never will. I feel like a Hal Jordan fan but ohwell.

droogiedroogie2 said:
Dude, that series is one of the few over the past couple of years that has yet to disappoint me. At all. Even convinced me to go back and reread all my old Jonah Hex issues from Vol. 1. Those are some of the only pre-1980s comics that still hold up as well as anything today.

Jonah Hex is actually one of the most perfect series I've ever read, it's been so amazingly perfect. I just love Luke Ross' art with the book that I hope he comes back.

droogiedroogie2 said:
Part of what Manhunter was about was showing how a basically regular person deals with a superpowered nation. Her interactions with heroes, since she's become a hero, reflect that. And is it really EVERY issue? I can't recall more than a few, off the top of my head. And that has more to do with the fact the entire DCU is more cohesive these days. Heroes show up in other people's books all the time. Superman, Green Lantern, Superman-Batman, Outsiders, Teen Titans, Robin...they're everywhere.

I dunno the three issues they have solited so far have Manhunter with Batman, Wonder Woman and JSA. I know the DCU is so cohesive but I just liked the fact that Manhunter seemed to run on it's own without so much interaction with other superheroes it seemed a bit more special like that. Sometimes I like books to tell stories about their heroes without having to have other heroes constantly show up.

droogiedroogie2 said:
Buddy of mine loves it, one of the few DC books he's reading right now, and I just can't dig it. I think it might be because every time I sit down to read it, I'm really f'n tired or something. I don't know. I want to like it, but I just don't yet.

I'm buying it for the art really, the art and a hope that I'll start enjoying and "getting" what Winick is doing.

yenaled said:
Actually, what I have read from the writer is good. But I just don't care about Bart, and I probably never will. I feel like a Hal Jordan fan but ohwell.
I don't either, but I'm sure that's what people said about Wally, and Wally was my Flash that I grew up on, so I'll give Bart a chance. It's funny, I cared so much more about Bart when he was Kid Flash (not so much as Impulse.)

yenaled said:
I dunno the three issues they have solited so far have Manhunter with Batman, Wonder Woman and JSA. I know the DCU is so cohesive but I just liked the fact that Manhunter seemed to run on it's own without so much interaction with other superheroes it seemed a bit more special like that. Sometimes I like books to tell stories about their heroes without having to have other heroes constantly show up.
That's why there's Vertigo (although that's all f'd up and weird with time, since they've insisted on being real-time.) Anyway, I'm sure Manhunter will go back to a little more on her own after the trial's over, except for being in the Birds, I guess. She is in the Birds, right?

droogiedroogie2 said:
Um...the original Bird of Prey was Power Girl...

Yeah, but which one had the longevity with the team? Power Girl or Dinah? :o

droogiedroogie2 said:
He secretly wants you. He's just using the Mystery Method (don't buy into it.)

I think he's planning on lynching me :wow:

droogiedroogie2 said:
Well...for starters, a dad with a little more love in his eyes.

He has love, see the way he's holding her? He's just glaring at something or someone who's probably threatened her in some way. :o

Darthphere said:
See, now that made no sense.

Atleast when I post something stupid I know its dumb and it will get a negative reaction from you, but can you explain GAH's logic behind his attacks on you? didnt he argue that you were black a while back too?:huh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"