The "Heroes Vs Villains" Marvel RPG - Season IV

Bruce Banner lay asleep. After the incident in San Francisco, he needed to hide. He found himself in a small motel in Dallas, Texas. It was unbearably hot, the gnats were as big as baseballs, and the toilet didn't flush. But nobody would find him.

While he slept, he dreamt. The same dream as before haunted him. And deep, deep in his subconscious, there was activity of an abnormal nature.

Three beings sat at a table, playing Uno.

One of them was Dr. Bruce Banner.

One was a large, gray-skinned fellow named Mr. Fixit.

The other was an even larger, green-skinned fellow named The Professor.

Mr. Fixit threw a blue Reverse card down, thus making it the Professor's turn again.

"Your turn again, Prof," said Mr. Fixit.

The Professor thought for a moment, and then threw down a Draw Four card.

"Draw four, Bruce."

Bruce raised an eyebrow at the Professor.

"Color?" asked Bruce.

"Green," the Professor said with a smirk.

"We're playing Number Stacksies, right?"

"Right."

Bruce threw down a Green Draw Two card.

"Draw six, Joe," he said to Mr. Fixit.

"Ah hell..."

"Bruce, why don't you tell us what's on your mind? We've been playing for hours."

"Guys...what if I said I wanted to find a way to remove the Hulk from my personality?"

"I'd say we heard this already."

"I know...it's just that...I'm losing control of it. It's not you guys...it's somethind deeper...darker. Even in my sleep. I can't control the transformations...it could be happening right now..."

Suddenly, a pair of red eyes began to glow from far across the room. It was secluded in a very dark area. All anyone could see were its eyes. But beyond that was tough, scaly yellow skin and sharp fangs.

"It is happening right now..."

Fixit, Bruce, and the Professor all knew who was speaking: Devil Hulk.

"What the hell are you yappin' about?" asked Fixit.

"Right now the Hulk is strangling the motel owner and screaming, 'Puny man fix toilet now! Hulk room smell like doo-doo!' I'd give it about ten seconds before that man's head pops."

"Enough!" the Professor yelled to Devil Hulk. "Bruce, what is it you're thinking of doing?"

"I don't know. I ran some tests when I was in Fresno, and I discovered something...disturbing..."

"What's really disturbing is the shade of purple that guy's head is turning right now. You better let him go, Bruce."

"That's it!"

Mr. Fixit arose from the table, walked to the other side of the room, and punched Devil Hulk in the face. The demonic entity couldn't hit him back, though: He was chained to the wall.

"Got somethin' to say now?"

"Yeah. Bruce is looking at your cards."

"Go on, Bruce."

"Well, it's the gamma radiation. Every time I turn into the Hulk, gamma rays are expelled by my body in mass quantities."

Mr. Fixit returned to the table and sat down.

"You been lookin' at my cards, Bruce?"

"No, Joe. And your bluff is obvious anyway. You have no draw cards. Who's turn is it?"

"Mine." The Professor threw down a green 6. He only had one card left in his hand. "Uno."

"Anyway, each transformation emits a wave of gamma particles. And each time I transform, the amount of energy my body emits becomes exponentially larger."

"In other words, your body produces more and more radiation with each transformation."

"Exactly. And I'm beginning to think it's becoming hazardous to the people around me. Radiation like that could become poisonous to normal people. If I turn into the Hulk too many more times, the radiation I emit could form a virus of some sort. But if I keep having these nightmares, then I can't stop my transformations. Somehow, I have to learn the origin of these nightmares and stop the G Virus from being formed."

"G Virus?"

"It's a name I gave it."

"Ever the scientist..."

Bruce plucked a card from the deck. It wasn't the one he wanted.

"I got nothing. Go ahead, Joe."

Mr. Fixit threw down a blue 6. The Professor smiled and threw down a blue Draw Two.

"Out. Draw two, Bruce."

Bruce, in turn, threw down a Draw Four card.

"Color's yellow."

"Good call!" Devil Hulk chimed in.

"Shut the hell up!" Mr. Fixit grumbled to Devil Hulk as he drew another six cards.

"So, if you find the source of these nightmares, you might be one step closer to stopping the transformations. If you stop the transformations, there'll be no G Virus."

"Precisely. But I don't have much time. I fear any transformations could create an efficient amount of gamma radiation to create the virus."

"It's Nightmare Hulk."

"That's it, I'm gonna kill 'em."

"Hold on, Joe."

Bruce arose from the table and approached Devil Hulk.

"What is Nightmare Hulk?"

"You thought you were aware of all your different personalities? Let me spell it out for you, Bruce."

banner2.JPG

"You are Bruce Banner. Sad-sack, all around boring guy. But you got a temper, deep down inside."

greyhulk12.JPG

"He's Mr. Fixit. Mean and surly, that one. A womanizer. A gambler. Does whatever he feels like. He's everything you wish you were."

professor5.gif

"That's the Professor. He has Bruce Banner's intelligence, Joe Fixit's confidence, and the Hulk's strength, all rolled into one."

guilthulk2.gif

"Who could forget old Guilt Hulk? The one who feels terrible about everything Bruce Banner or the Hulk ever did. The one who's probably gonna feel bad he just stuffed that motel owner's body down the broken toilet."

devilhulk2.gif

"And then there's me. Good, wholesome, handsome Devil Hulk. The yang to your yin. Every base, perverse, heartless desire you've ever had, that's me."

Devil Hulk started to strain against the chains that bound him to the wall.

"But there's another one inside you, Bruce. Look at all of us. The one you you want to be, the one you like to be, and the one you hate to be. But imagine the final incarnation...the one you're afraid to be..."

"What are you talking about?"

Devil Hulk continued to pull against the chain, but he couldn't get loose. Relaxing, he leaned back against the wall.

"Despite what you may think, I am not your worst incarnation. I'm every evil thought you've ever thought of. Nightmare Hulk is every evil thought you've ever been afraid to think of."

"How do you know all this?"

"How? It's simple. Because I created him!"

"What?"

"I was well aware of this so-called 'G Virus'. I wanted to see you transform into the Hulk until you affected and killed everybody around you. So I made you think of the worst things any human being could ever think of. The most reprehensible and sick ideas anyone could ever imagine. But you refused to think those thoughts. So, like everything else that bothers you, you locked those thoughts deep down inside your subconscious. You do everything in your power not to think those thoughts. But they manifested themselves...into him. Whenever you sleep, he's awake. And he gets stronger with each nightmare."

"How can I stop him?"

"Isn't it obvious, Banner? You can't."

Devil Hulk started to cackle madly as Bruce slowly backed away from him. The Professor and Mr. Fixit approached Bruce and stood by his side.

"Don't listen to him, Bruce."

"The jerk's obviously makin' this up."

"No...he isn't. I can feel it. I tried to ignore it, but he's right...there's something else inside of me...Nightmare Hulk...I have to cure myself before he gets out!"

"I suggest you hurry, because the Hulk just murdered the starting lineup of the Dallas Cowboys and raped one of their cheerleaders," said Devil Hulk.

"No...how can I cause such pain and destruction?"

"I dunno. Maybe Hulk's an Eagles fan. You know, 'Go Green!' and all that."

"Enough of this ****!" screamed Mr. Fixit as he ran toward Devil Hulk with his fist cocked. However, before he could throw the punch, Devil Hulk laughed and looked directly at Bruce.

"WAKE UP, BANNER!"

Bruce slowly awoke. He suffered the same affliction as before. He could barely see or hear anything. He shook his head, trying to clear the cobwebs and make it to his feet. Once he made it to his feet, his vision started to come back. And then it hit him.

Bruce stood in the wreckage of Cowboys Stadium, in the middle of what used to be Dallas, Texas. He had done it again. First, San Francisco had been destroyed. Now, Dallas.

"Nightmare Hulk..." he said aloud.

Bruce didn't even have time to let the carnage sink in. Just as soon as his hearing came back, he heard the sound of spinning propellors above him. And then...

"DR. BRUCE BANNER! LIE DOWN ON THE GROUND WITH YOUR ARMS WHERE WE CAN SEE THEM!"

"Oh no..."

There were four military helicopters flying over Bruce. Two of the helicopters had snipers perched in them, their crosshairs on Bruce's head and heart. The other two had machine guns turrets trained on him. Bruce stared dumbfounded at the helicopters. He had no idea what to do.

"DR. BANNER, THIS IS YOUR LAST WARNING! LIE FLAT ON THE GROUND, NOW!"

Bruce knew exactly what would happen if they took him into custody. He'd be experimented on, and eventually somebody would learn about the G Virus. He could only think of one thing to do: run. He took off as fast as he could. Then...

*BLAM!*

A bullet went straight through his kneecap.

*BLAM!*

Another hit him in the shoulder.

Bruce hit the ground hard. He already knew what was about to happen. His fear took over, causing him to ignore the searing pain. His heart began to thump harder and faster. His muscles tensed. His hand dug into the ground and started to dig up the turf from the stadium.

"No..." Bruce pleaded.

"No..."

"He's transforming! Fire a missile salvo!" yelled one of the co-pilots in one of the helicopters.

With that, the choppers fired a hail of missiles down upon Bruce. What was left of the stadium was engulfed in flame as a result of the massive explosion that followed. The choppers flew high into the air, and everybody within stared down at the fire and smoke below.

"Did we get him?" asked one of the pilots.

Just then, they could hear a strange sound.

"rrrrrr....."

"The hell is that?"

"RARRGH!"

In a flash, something big, green, and angry leapt out of the flame and landed on the helicopter's windshield. The pilot screamed at the sight of the beast. He now found himself face to face with the Hulk.

The passengers in the other helicopters could only watch in horror as the Hulk pulled the helicopter down into the flames. Soon, both Hulk and the helicopter were engulfed. Nobody could see either of them...

“How would you feel if I went by the name..Jean Grey. The Phoenix doesn’t sound right anymore and the Marvel Girl persona is Rachel’s thing,” Jean said hurling a fireball at her.

Rogue dodged it, flamed her hand and grabbed it. She lifted into the air and placing it between her hands made it grow before shooting it back at Jean.

“Com’on girl, you know better’n that!” Rogue said as she caused flames to engulf her.
"Ah ain't the same Rogue you left."She fired bolts of flame at the furniture the White Queen was throwing at her.

“Is this symbolic? Or just vindictive?” Rogue commented on the choice of the Training Program. It hadn’t been used in a very long time. Except for the few times Havok got angry.

“You’ve always been Jean Grey, even when you were Phoenix and Marvel Girl.”

Rogue flew in near The White Queen and punched her with a flame engulfed hand before flipping out of the way of Jeans bolts.

"Am Ah the only one who gets nostalgic feelin's for the old mechanical Danger Room training? These kids just don't know what their missin'."

OOC: Sorry about the bunny, ;)

taskmaster said:
The Hobgoblin, a little insane but this wouldn't be the first time I worked with someone like him. On top of that, I couldn't argue with the mans payment plan. If Nefaria wanted this territory so much, he could reclaim it for himself. This move shouldn't surprise him either, I'm all about the money, he knows that. He should be happy I held on to it this long. I contact Hobgoblin to discuss the terms of my employment.

"Well, you know that nothing ever comes cheap with me. As soon as I get my money, the turfs all yours. Now for the odd jobs, I'll answer that one when I find out what they are. So, what did you have in mind?
"Congratulations. You'll find a more than generous sum is already in your assorted private accounts. As for any tasks at hand, I can simply assure you that next time I call you will have quite a ball. We'll be in touch."

And that settled it. All of New York was under his control, and as a result, all of the coast. He would need to be dug in if Fisk wanted war...

SHIELD had thought of everything. In order to move Magneto, they would have to cut out the drugs, power inhibitors, and plastic containments. That would normally pose a problem, if not for SHIELD's top psychic, second only to Xavier himself. They trucked Eric Lensherr in top secret security halfway across the country, in order to set him into a shuttle, which would then dock in the Outer Vault.

The Outer Vault would keep the deadliest of nutjobs and whackos, ones without reality altering powers or godlike abilities. Magneto would be the first to try it out. Even if he escaped, he would burn up in the atmopshere.

There would be no room for failure. Magneto would be in the Outer Vault by sundown...

~~

"There is nowhere left for me to go. Half the Shi'ar Empire is intended for me on the funeral of Lilandra. I've made my people the most powerful in the world."

I spend my time nowadays with my son Pietro.

"Now what, father?"

I lean against the window of my throne room, fifty stories up.

"I don't know."

Suddenly, the glass isn't there. I fall facefirst off the building and as I fall, I try to fly back up, but to no prevail. I flail my arms, trying to float but no, God has other plans for me yet. I hit the ground, but Pietro catches me five feet before i hit. He then takes me to the informary.

I could have sworn I hit the ground.

I run into the city, wondering where the hell Clint went. I know what happens when he gest like this. It usually ends with some criminal in the ER or the morgue. Clint's been in bad shape since Johnny died.

More than that.

He's been angry.

Which means he's bound to do something reckless and irresponsible.

After several minutes of searching, I find no trace of him. It's hard enough to track someone as good at escapes ad Hawkeye. It's even harder to do it in a crouded city.

I head back to the mansion, and sit in the living room.

I better get a good explination when he gets back.

With a quick amen, and a sharp *snap*, Kurt Wagner shut his Bible stood up, fluidly extending out of his kneeling position of piety he assumed every morning while reading the Word. Extending his arms overhead, Kurt took a moment to acclimate himself.
Hmm, vell it looks like things are back to normal zen. Scott has trashed the Danger Room, ze new girls are lusting after Havok as only 15 year old girls are able.Of course, I guess they haven't been to weight training with Piotr yet. Kurt thinks to himself as it finally becomes apparent he has been kneeling upside down on the vaulted ceiling of the entry hallway.
Von day, I am going to have to find somewhere besides the ceiling to get a little peace and quiet. Kurt murmers as he lopes down the wall and onto the floor.But right now, I am simply famished!
A few quick teleports and he is in the kitchen, once more meeting up with his good friend Piotr Rasputin, better known as Collosus.
Ach, Piotr my friend, have you cleaned out the pantry once more, or did you leave a poor soul like myself a few morsels? Wagner jests, bouncing onto the top of the counter with the agility of a monkey.
Idly his tail snakes over the counter behind Peter's back to wrap around half his gigantic sandwich.
Kurt, you have fought at my side many times. And you know how much I respect a man of the cloth. But, if that tail of yours draws back with my sandwich in its coils, I will be using it as a belt for my new uniform! Collosus idly states, reaching behind and grabbing the pronged tail like Steve Irwin and a python.
Vell Piotr, you know what they say, utters Kurt, an impish grin spreading across his demonic features. You vill never know unless you try!
And with a last chortle, and a loud
*BAMF*
Nightcrawler teleported out of the room, his tail escaping from Peter's grasp, leaving behind a foul smoke, a lighthearted chuckle, and a plate with only half the sandwich it had before.

(Just introducing the character, welcome back everyone! :up: )

The quiet of the ride melted away, entering the city, and finally making it back to Manchester. The air, while more quiet than the city, still has the smell of exhaust. The X-Mansion turns from a small speck to a large...mansion after a few moments.

Parking my chopper in the large garage, I walk into the mansion.

Home.

Immietely, I'm nearly ran over with a BAMF and Kurt standing next to me, giggling something about a sandwich. I listen harder and...yep. You don't need enhanced hearing to trace Piotr's yelling about a missing half a sandwich.

"Kurt, good to see nothing's changed with you. Anything happen while I was away?"

DarkKnightJRK said:
The quiet of the ride melted away, entering the city, and finally making it back to Manchester. The air, while more quiet than the city, still has the smell of exhaust. The X-Mansion turns from a small speck to a large...mansion after a few moments.

Parking my chopper in the large garage, I walk into the mansion.

Home.

Immietely, I'm nearly ran over with a BAMF and Kurt standing next to me, giggling something about a sandwich. I listen harder and...yep. You don't need enhanced hearing to trace Piotr's yelling about a missing half a sandwich.

"Kurt, good to see nothing's changed with you. Anything happen while I was away?"
LOGAN! Mein Freund! Ver to beign? Ver to begin...vell, zer is a new crop of students here at ze academy, so I have been quiet busy teaching zem ze religion courses as well leading the fencing classes. Ve had a bit of an accident a couple days ago involving some exploding lawn furniture, a shapeshifter and ze swimming pool...um... oh yes... and zer is a very large, angry, and hungry Russian in ze kitchen!" said an excited Kurt, chuckling a bit at the last part. Ozzer zen zat zo, it has been very quiet around here, I like it. Ve had an Errol Flynn movie marathon ze other night, but strangely enough, Hank was ze only one who vould vatch them with me...

KUUUUURRRRRTTTTTT!!!!
a loud voice bellowed as heavy footsteps pounded down the hall.
Collusus rounded the corner, 280 pounds of hungry, angry russian coming into view.
Whups! I guess zat ze Russian is no longer in ze kitchen either!With a quick *bamf* and a *bamf* Kurt relocated to the ceiling of the entry hall he had been occupying a few minutes earlier.

Listening to Kurt try to rationalize with Collosus while hanging 20 feet off the ground on the ceiling, Logan couldn't help but chuckly, shake his head, and pick up his bag...

Darkness

I hear someone calling my name from inside the room. I wake up to realize I am not where I was. I am not home.

Where am I? What’s going on?

A voice comes from nowhere and everywhere.

So are you ready?

Ready? What are you talking about? Who are you? Where am I?

Hush, my boy….you don’t want to get upset now do you? You have such a terrible temper.

Who? How do you know me?

A figure steps out of the shadows to reveal his hidden identity.

JackalJacket.gif

I can’t believe it’s him, I am not ready. How did I get here, what does he want with me? A million thoughts race through my head but my instinct takes over.

YOU!!! YOU BAST***!!! YOU WILL DIE!!!

I run towards him with great speed…..but my spider sense is going off. What is it? What is setting it off? Too late to think about that now, I have committed myself. I just hope I can avoid whatever it is.

But it was too late, an electrical shock races through me and I fall to the ground.

My oh my, I warned you that your temper will get you in trouble. Now are you ready to listen to me? Hmmm I guess your lack of movement is a testimony of that.

I can’t move!!! I am paralyzed!! I guess I have no choice but to listen to him now.

So you are probably wondering why you are here. Well, I have been expecting you for a long time to come pay me a visit. That shock that you received was from a microchip I placed on your central nervous system just behind your neck a long time ago. One little push of this button on my forearm and 1,000 watts of electricity runs through your body. If I hold it for 5 seconds it will leave you paralysed, if I hold it for more than 15 seconds it will stop your heart and cause you to go into cardiac arrest, if I hold it longer than 30 seconds than you will be nothing more than Barbecue.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That laughter sickens me, it haunts my dreams and it follows me around. I would like nothing more than to rip that grin off his face once and for all…

ahhhetteeeuuuu……

Aww looks like the effects are starting to run off. So I better make this quick. You were a mistake, nothing more. You were a stepping stone to create a perfect clone of Peter. I thought I had destroyed you before but some sick joke kept you alive. You are not even worth the energy from my device to finish you off. So I will leave it for my “apprentice” to finish you off. You might recognize her….
HAHAHAHAHAHA

As Jackal walks away and disappears into the darkness, his laughter can still be heard. Another figure steps out of the shadows, someone that I believed to be lone gone. How can this be???

Amazing_5192.jpg

Sorry, Tiger…

*WHACK*

Those would the last words I would hear and with that nothing. Complete darkness envelops my surroundings. My head starts hurting. It’s no wonder, but this pain is different. It is more familiar, I have felt it before many times. I begin coming too and realize it was a dream. Well in my case a vision, or was it a dream? It must have been a dream, how can I believe what I saw.

I wake up and look around my room. It's dark outside now.

Good. I have a busy night tonight, I better get ready.

Thanos11.jpg

One week has past since the Battle of New Korbin.
The massive military of Thanos of Titan attacked and defeated the forces of the New Korbin Military. In only five standard days, the entire planet was under the control of the Titan. The armada of the Korbinites has been crushed entirely, their champion, Beta Ray Bill, has been beaten and is still missing, and the surviving populace has been drafted into slave labor.

From his throne room on his Worldship, Shadovar, Thanos of Titan gazed out the view port at his newly acquired planet and smiled. It had no valuable natural resources, at least none that could be found any where else, and if he wanted slave labor, there were other weaker planets that would produce thrice the number the Titan had collected on this world. No, Thanos smiled because of the strategic place of the planet. New Korbin was a perfect staging area for the nearby planet of Bespin in the neighboring system. Bespin was one of the largest producers of starships and military vehicles and equipment in the sector, from armored troop transports, to hover tanks, to plasma rifles, to battle droids.
To have Bespin under his control would be a great resource to his army. And he would need that resource if this game of conquest of his was to continue.

And a grand game it was for the Titan. He had grown tired of the same old cliché of making his bid for ultimate power and then losing it. It had seemed that he had been stuck in an endless loop, destined to always succeed, but then to lose it all to his own foolishness. No more. His time at the Kiln had been well spent. He now has broken the vicious cycle he seemed trapped in, and was on a new path.
Now, being God no longer was his goal. No, Thanos enjoyed this new game even more so than the previous. Now he was the conqueror, pitting his wits and skills against those of entire planets and systems. He would revel in the strategy, take pleasure in the battles, and bask, albeit briefly, in the glories gained before moving on again to test his mettle against his next opponent.

Yes this new game was refreshing, but, in order for it to continue, he must take Bespin. Thanos was not worried though. Even now, as he stared out at his new planet, he had agents in the planet’s government and in the planet’s military. As soon as the word came, all the planets major defense stations would be shut down for a handful of minutes. And minutes would be all Thanos’ forces would need to move in and take the planet hostage. Then, using his...unique...diplomacy skills, he would convince the planet’s leaders who were not loyal to him to surrender. It would probably take a month, but the planet would once again begin producing weapons. But, this time strictly for Thanos’ army.

Yes…and then the real challenge could begin. The planet that had been a constant thorn in the Titan’s side for a long time now…

Earth.

Midnight Ice said:
Bobby and Warren continue to look through the War Room's files, hoping to find what they are looking for. Bobby looks at the clock.

"Crap man, I have to go meet Beast in the lab. He is going to look at my condition for me. Do you want to come? He could look at you as well. But of course, your side effects aren't as noticable as mine.""

"Yeah, lets go see what Hank has to say about all this...I know my changes aren't as abundant as yours, but I would still enjoy some piece of mind" Warren said. With that the two left the War Room and made their way over to the laboratory. On the way they passed the Danger Room and stopped for a second to examine what was going on inside.

"Whoa, looks like someone is taking out some hostility towards Emma" Bobby said as Jean blasted a huge wall of flame at the robotic White Queen.

"Well do you blame her? Emma thinks shes dead so she moves in on her man...that is really sleazy" Warren said "But sleaze is Emma's middle name...I can't trust her because of what she has done in the past...I know people can change but the one thing that makes me uneasy about her is what never changes...she puts herself before anyone, and is willing to step on everybody who gets in her way...not an admirable trait for someone claiming to be an X-man"

"Yeah, Scott may have been with her for a while, but he knows who the real deal is...it's always been Jean for him and it always will be" Bobby said "I remember when we first arrived here and you tried to pick up Jean...she dropped you like a set of keys...looks like we found the original survivor of the Worthington charm"

"Hey eat it snowman...I could have had her anytime I wanted, but I realized she wasn't my type...to much of a goody good" Warren replied looking back at the danger room training sequence

"Would a goody good do that?" Iceman said pointing to Jean who just telepathically impaled Emma with two table legs as she let out a loud scream of rage.

"Yeah....whats your point..." Warren said.His gaze switched over to Rogue "Now theres a lady and a half" Warren said with a sly smirk "She could wrestle me anyday"

"Your unbelievable Warren" Bobby said "You do remember Betsy right...you know...your girlfriend?"

"Huh, Oh yeah her" Warren said "I care for Betsy very much, but I told you Bobby...I like to keep my options open...I can't stand being tied down" He continued to watch as Rogue threw a massive fireball that melted the White Queens torso. "I would not want to be on the receiving end of that"

"Then you better keep it in your pants hot shot" Bobby replied with a laugh. Warren shot him a dry look.

"What does she see in that dirty swamp rat anyway?" Warren said as they continued to walk towards the laboratory...his rich boy persona on a rampage. They finally reached the lab and pressed the control panel to open the doors. Beast was waiting inside.

"Robert Drake, what did I tell you about tardiness? You were supposed to be here 15 minutes ago" Hank said in a joking tone as he smiled, revealing his fangs

"Sorry Hank, I got held up by Warren here...he couldn't stop oogling over the little girl party in the Danger Room" Bobby said

"Don't hate the playa Bobby, hate the game" Warren said tucking his wings behind his body and taking a seat on the examining table. "So what do you got for us Beast?"

"Unfortunatley not good news Warren" Hank said "It appears that Apocalypse injected you guys with some sort of virus...a virus that promotes mutation in already mutated cells...my guess is he was going to ultimatley try and genetically enhance mutants to evolve their mutations to the next level"

"What does that mean for us Hank...in english please" Bobby said, ever the jokster even when obviously perturbed.

"Well I examined both your dna samples...it appears Warrens evolving mutation has stopped. His vision was greatly increased as well as his other senses, but nothing will change further. My hypothesis as to why that is is partially due to the fact that Apocalypse already tampered with Angel's DNA and the new evolution reached its potential and ceased" Beast said

arch2331.bmp

"Hey awesome, so I get some sweet heightened senses! I'll show that hobbit Wolverine what for next time I see him" Warren said. Bobby looked back unimpressed "What about Bobby, Beast?"

"Yeah...what about me?" Bobby replied

"I'm afraid your situation is a little different Bobby...your mutant power is always growing and changing as you learn new skills and master your abilities...thus the evolution in your cells can know no boundries" Hank said "If we don't find a cure for you, i'm afraid your never going to stop mutating..."

"Mutating into what Beast?" Iceman said "MUTATING INTO WHAT DAMNIT?!" Bobby said very distraught

"I don't know Bobby" Hank said pushing his glasses up his blue fuzzy face "I just don't know..."

"Wait, I thought you had a cure Beast? don't you have a cure??" Warren replied, he was worried about his friend

"This is beyond my knowledge to cure......I'm extremly sorry Bobby" Hank said

"Well thats not good enough...I need to fix this...I have to...I can't live like this knowing one day I might wake up as a damn puddle on the floor Beast!" Iceman replied

"There aren't many people in this world with intelligence that surpasses my own Bobby...but I know who might be able to help you. Reed Richards of the fantastic four is the smartest man alive, equalled only by his arch nemesis Victor Von Doom. Seek him out and he will know what to do" Hank said

Bobby turned around and left the lab without saying a word. As he left the last thing that Hank said flashed through his mind "or his arch nemesis Victor Von Doom" the wheels began to turn in Bobby's hand...unfortunatley not for the better.

"I feel so helpless Warren" Beast said. Hank was such a strong person, and the only thing that could upset him was knowing he couldn't help his friends.

"It's not your fault Hank...you did your best...Bobby is just scared right now...i've never seen him act like that...give him some time and he'll come around. I just hope Mister Fantastic has what it takes to cure him" Archangel said sitting up from the examining table and walking over to Beast. "Hey Beast...I want to talk to you about something...this whole Phoenix force thing...have you given any thought as to who you think could have taken the power?"

"Indeed I have Warren...and again, I am dumbfounded...I don't know who would have the power to do such a thing...or the motive" Beast replied

"Well the motive will definatley be our destruction...it always is, we're the x-men after all" Warren said showing a half smile...Archangel stopped for a second and pondered "Hey.....what if its not a person we're looking for...but people?" Warren said

"My stars and garters! That is entirely plausible Warren! Jean says that she feels as if shes lost the vast majority of her power...so what if the remainder wasn't possessed by a singular person...but evenly distributed to a number of people, each having the same amount of power as Jean? Warren, I knew there was some logic in that blonde head of yours!" Beast said instantly taking off into his own world of thoughts, logics, possibilities, and reasonings.

"I'm going to leave you to your thinking Beast" Warren said walking towards the entrance, but it was to no avail, Beast already had half a chalkboard filled with writing and was oblivious to everything else around him. "Okay then........bye!......Hank?.......BYE!" Warren said opening the door and exiting the lab. He paused for a second and thought to himself "people...but who...and why more importantly?"

It was time for some reconnaissance...

Mr. Immortal

Omigod omigod omigod....

I know they're gonna blame me for this, I just know it.

But it all happened before I got here.

I was going to work, I had thought of a new way to get Kasady to talk: Monopoly. Everyone loves the game, and it's a great conversation stimulator.

Only thing is, the game would have to be postponed.

He got out.

Professor X

It's become part of my daily routine of late, reflecting on the past. I get myself out of bed, clean up, and before I go downstairs to eat, I look at the photos on my mantle, and I smile.

My children.

Not really, of course. But I don't have to be a mind-reader to know that they all think of me as their father, even those who know and were raised by their real fathers.

The first picture I always look at is an early one. Scott and myself; the first X-Men. It amazes me sometimes how young he was back then, yet he was, and still is, my most capable student.

The next photo is very dear to me. It is a photo of a small red-haired girl holding up her teddy bear for the camera. Jean Grey, my first surrogate daughter. I have her back now, but everytime I look at this image, I feel two distinct emotions. First, I'm saddened, as I am reminded how I felt the first time we thought her to be dead, but then I'm reminded how much hope she has always had, and I fill with pride. Jean is one of the few X-Men who are still on good terms with her parents, but she is my daughter nonetheless.

The next photo always makes me chuckle. Angel posing for the picture, looking serious and "cool", while unbeknownst to him, Iceman and Beast are making funny faces behind him. Robert Drake, Henry McCoy, and Warren Worthington III are the most unlikely friends, and in a way, that makes them seem even more like brothers.

The next picture is very similar to the last one in theme, with Logan looking tough and Nightcrawler sitting next to him, a devilish smile on his lips. Neither of them are really young enough for me to feel a large sense of fatherly affection for them (in fact, Logan may be older than myself), but I have always respected each man and their beliefs and abilities.

The next is of my biological son, David. His life has been one wrought with turmoil and strife, not unlike many of my "other" children, yet I wasn't able to be there for him through most of it, and I feel that may have had a negative effect on him.

The final photograph is of another young girl, this one nearly eighteen, her face mostly covered by a green hood. She is one of my most difficult challenges, Rogue. Being one of the X-Men with nearly no known relatives (save for Raven Darkholme, Mystique, who served as her foster mother), I have tried my hardest to be the parent she has needed. Yet I still feel that I failed. Years ago, when this photo was taken, Rogue had come to me looking for aid in controlling her mutant power, which she viewed as a curse. Unfortunately, I have still been unable to help her in this. Which has always made me wonder; why has she stayed with us all this time? I know the answer, and it is what makes me know that my dream is possible: above all, the X-Men are a family, and we all make each other complete.

I smile, and my stomach grumbles, I guess the time for reminiscing is over. I should get some breakfast.

Bobby left the lab feeling many mixed emotions. I know its not Hank's fault that he can't find a cure. Heck, He has been trying to cure himself since he turned blue and furry. I should apologize to him later. Warren too.

Bobby enters his room to see Lorna waiting for him. "Hello my dear fiance. What did Hank say?"

"He can't find anything to cure me. Warren is done mutating, but Hank says mine will never stop because the nature of my powers always improve and evolve on there own. It turns out its some virus that Apocalypse injected us with that has done this to us."

"A virus? Why hasn't Colossus shown any sign of enhanced mutation?"

"Thats a good question. Maybe he wasn't given the virus. Maybe Apocalypse didn't see how his abilities could further improve. Or maybe we just haven't seen any signs of it yet."

"So what are you gonna do now?" Lorna puts her arm around Bobby.

"Hank suggested that I ask Reed Richards if he can come up with anything. I guess he is right, he is the smartest guy ever. If he can't figure something out, I don't know who can. Maybe I will give him a call later on today."

"Thats a good idea, honey. Don't worry, we will figure something out."

ElectroFlare said:
Strands of thin gossamer webbing grabbed the TV before it struck Hawkeye, and twisted the momentum back towards Electro.

"Electro, just cause you're feeling blue doesn't mean the rest of us want to be. At least turn back on the heaters. You think this spandex is warm?" Spider-man said as he landed next to Hawkeye. A silent nod was directed at Hawkeye to let him know Spider-man was glad to have some help, even if it wasn't needed.

In the time since Johnny's death Spider-man had come to looked at Hawkeye as someone to relate to. Hawkeye has known death so much, and it seemed like almost everyone was dieing around him. Gwen, MJ, Uncle Ben, Captain Stacy.

Shame they didn't take JJJ yet, Spider-man jokingly thought to himself...

"At last!" Electro shouted in joy, ducking out of the way of the T.V. "How long has it been Spider-man? You shocked to see me?" he laughed at his corny joke. "Now, if you'd be kind enough to surrender, I'd willingly restore the power back to this hell hole of a city." he readied himself in a battle position, powering up.

"This ends tonight!" Spider-man was square in his sites, as far as he was concerned, Hawkeye wasn't even there. Suddenly, Max's hands started shaking. He... he was nervous. It'd had been so long since Electro had fought Spider-man, last time he saw him, he was in a bad enough shape. Now he was on tip top form.

Since going into retirment, Electro had forgotten all about these types of things. Spider-man had beaten him time andtime again. And now he had a little friend. Electro gulped, he was in big, big trouble.

Trying to shake it off, he focused back on Spider-man. He had to do it, he knew he could. He'd made Spider-man beg to be saved before. He held out his arm, almost flinching right away. "Time to d-"

"Hey! Who turned out all the lights?" Deadpool asked as he leaped in from the window, kicking Electro across the face.

He landed on his butt, next to Spider-man. "Argh!" he creid out, "Must be getting sloppy!"

"Dude," Hawkeye said, "Did landing on your butt really hurt that much?"

"Uh no it's just that I uh..."

"He got shot in the butt." Wally said kicking down a door.

"Wally! I told you not to tell anyone!" Wade shouted.

"Hey! How could I not? It's like the funniest thing ever!"

"Oh you are so immature! When we get home I'm gonna--"

"Uh ladies?" Hawkeye interrupted, motioning to Electro.

"Oh right, uh Wally go hide, your not allowed to fight big bad super villains, remember?" Wade stood up as Wally ran off.

"So, are those poor kids even still alive, or have they served their purpose. Are you really that much of a loser, that desperate for attention, that'd you'd risk the lives of two kids, two INFANTS, just for a little publicity. You'd kill their father just to get your face on the front page?"

Clint knocked his bow, and turned to Deadpool.

"I'll take the left eye, you take the right," he said, letting his arrow fly

Spider-Man9X17 said:
"So, are those poor kids even still alive, or have they served their purpose. Are you really that much of a loser, that desperate for attention, that'd you'd risk the lives of two kids, two INFANTS, just for a little publicity. You'd kill their father just to get your face on the front page?"

Clint knocked his bow, and turned to Deadpool.

"I'll take the left eye, you take the right," he said, letting his arrow fly

Electro created an electric bubble, stopping Wade's and Hawkeye's weapons from ever reaching him.

"Hey no fair!" Wade creid out.

"Oh shut up!" Electro said, blasting Wade into a section of building.

"Ugh, I'm really getting sick of this guy." Suddenly, he felt Electro's hand on his back. "Oh come on! I'm down for the count! Kick Hawkeye's butt now!"

"Hey."

"Let's find out who this annoying creep is, I bet you any money it's Gary Coleman."

"Hey! Even I won't stoop that low!" Wade replied swinging his fists at Electro, all missing as Max took of his mask.

"What the ***** are you?"

"Not what, who!" Wade said landing on the ground as Electro jumped in shock. "Now gimme my mask, before I make you restore the power."

Electro tossed the mask out of the window. "Make me." he cackled evily.

"Oh, the big bad gay man's acting like a school yard bully! I'm REALLY going to regret doing this but I face this issue about not showing my face." he lept over Electro and pulled one of Hawkeye's arrows out of the wall, grabbing Electro's mask and pulling it on.

"They day I became an Avenger, I made a promise, that promise was to never look stupider than Hawkeye. And you made me break that promise! I hate you!" he lept at Electro, head butting him in the stomach. Electro kicked him off, firing a few blasts at him. Wade dogded a few, getting hit by the last. "Ok, I'm just going to lie here for a bit. Call me when you've beat h-" Wade slipped off in blackness.

Electro turned back to the other two. "Now that Frankinstein's monster is out of the way, let's finish you two off. But first, I want to get one thing straight, I didn't kidnapp no kids. Ask Spider-man, not my kinda game."

"Game, huh? That's all this is to you. The dead bodies you let in your wake are just pwans, right? Game pieces? Points added to your score. You're pathetic. You're a waste of life. I've had a lot of teammates in the past, lot of aquaintances. But not a lot of friends. I mean real friends, people I would trust my lifew with. The Avengers have always been my family, the only people I've ever cared about. And I've seen a lot fo them fall, seen my wife fall. And then all that ***** last year, that was enough for me. Now you come prancing into the picture, and kill the only man with the balls to put that family back together, the man who led us back from the brink of destruction, a man I would gladly call my brother, and you murder him just for some recognition. Because your jealous. I don't buy your load of crap for one second."

Hawkeye loaded his bow with half a dozen arrows.

"I'd tell you to burn in hell, but that's too good a fate for you."

Hawkeye fired.

Spider-Man9X17 said:
"Game, huh? That's all this is to you. The dead bodies you let in your wake are just pwans, right? Game pieces? Points added to your score. You're pathetic. You're a waste of life. I've had a lot of teammates in the past, lot of aquaintances. But not a lot of friends. I mean real friends, people I would trust my lifew with. The Avengers have always been my family, the only people I've ever cared about. And I've seen a lot fo them fall, seen my wife fall. And then all that ***** last year, that was enough for me. Now you come prancing into the picture, and kill the only man with the balls to put that family back together, the man who led us back from the brink of destruction, a man I would gladly call my brother, and you murder him just for some recognition. Because your jealous. I don't buy your load of crap for one second."

Hawkeye loaded his bow with half a dozen arrows.

"I'd tell you to burn in hell, but that's too good a fate for you."

Hawkeye fired.

Electro dived behind a desk, seconds before the arrows hit the wall. "He's dead?" Max said getting to his feet. "He died? You mean as in got killed? I-I-I can't believe it. I mean we always hated each other but I never wanted him dead." he hung his head in the silence for a second.

"HA! Like I could give a *****!" he said laughing. "You think I killed that prick? Nah, not worth my time. I mean yeah if he got into a fight with me but I'm not out to kill him or anything. Tha privallege is saved for this bozo." he pointed at Spider-man.

He shot out at the two.

Henry Peter Gyrich walked the halls of the Pentagon. Alot had changed since the White House had been destroyed and then brought back by Dr. Strange. So much that they decided to bring back the most successful "problem solver" they ever had.

Yes, indeed. Alot had happened.

Gyrich walked past the final security check before approaching his elevator. With the solenoid device in his belt the elevator opened. He entered and began to descend. After five minutes he finally stepped into the next security checkpoint.

"Hello sir."

The SHIELD agent snapped to attention.

"At ease, I'm just a civilian."

"Right, sir."

I proceed to the back hall and then into my office. These SHIELD agents can be trying, but they are efficient. And the fact that the government doesn't bother telling them what I do down here doesn't hurt. President Fisk's legislation saw to that. His presence will be felt long after he's gone. But enough of that. Time to get to work.

I switch on my monitor and look at the foundry. All seems to be going according to plan. The foundry in Colorado was working at peak efficiency and that was good. I'll be heading out there in the morning after all. And so far an entire legion was up and running.

We'll have to get more though. Much more.

Gyrich marveled at the numbers that he had already produced.

sentinels01.jpg

It won't be long ---

<MEEP> <MEEP> <ME--

Some kind of virus? Hmmm. It's gone now. Better get Tech in here immediately anyway.

"It's probably nothing."

ultron.gif
ultron.gif
ultron.gif

"... and zat class, is how you use a rapier. Zat is all ze time we have today, please hang your swords on ze rack and file on out. Little Wooden Boy, I'll take you to go see Dr. McMcoy about reattaching that arm of yours."said Kurt as he performed a quick little bow and flourish before sheathing his sword.

Watching the students file out of the classroom, he couldn't help but smile and shake his head at the varied bunch. They had scales, skin, smoke or even in the case of the clumsy Little Wooden Boy, bark; but the thing that drew them all here was their mutant inheritance.
Kurt couldn't help but wonder how racism was so prevalent amongst normal humans, yet mutants could accept anyone no matter how they looked....

Bouncing across the room, he kindly helped the bark covered lad retrieve his missing limb and then walked him on down the hall of the subbasement to Hank's lab.

"Guten Morgen Hank, I have anozzer patient for you." NightCrawler cried out, bouncing into the room, his student trailing behind him slowly. Beast's blue furred head didn't even turn from the Blackboard where he was working, frantically scratching figures across it with a stick of chalk clasped daintily betwixt his oversized paws.

"Dr. McCoy, injured student here, pay attention please..." Nightcrawler called out. He knew his little chlorophyllic friend had no pain nerves, so the child wasn't suffering, but he was going to be late for his next class, and Botany had never been Kurt's strong suit.

Electro UK said:
Electro dived behind a desk, seconds before the arrows hit the wall. "He's dead?" Max said getting to his feet. "He died? You mean as in got killed? I-I-I can't believe it. I mean we always hated each other but I never wanted him dead." he hung his head in the silence for a second.

"HA! Like I could give a *****!" he said laughing. "You think I killed that prick? Nah, not worth my time. I mean yeah if he got into a fight with me but I'm not out to kill him or anything. Tha privallege is saved for this bozo." he pointed at Spider-man.

He shot out at the two.

"Hawk...you mean that Electro killed Johnny!?" Spider-man asked in shock as he easily dodged the blasts.

"And kidnapped the kids?"

"I don't care if its you're game or not Electro. Shutting off NYC's power is one thing. Demanding my surrender is one thing. Killing my best friend and kidnapping his kids is something completely different." Spider-man said.

"You think I'm too soft to kill, don't you? You watched me throw the Green Goblin into the river when the bridge exploded. You watched me cause the Green Goblin's death. Sure, he came back that son of a ****, but I thought I'd killed him. Why? Because of what he did to my life.
"Even Bullseye. I swore to kill him after he killed someone who I loved very dearly. I hunted him down for months. I traveled the world trying to find him.
"And now you. You're no exception. You're just some punk who stuck his finger in an electrical socket one day because he wanted to be noticed. Now you've got power, but nobody notices you still. You know why? Because you're a loser Electro. You always were, and you always will be.
"Especially today." Spider-man said as the eyelets on his mask narrowed. He leapt for the electrical menace with both hands oustretched...

I stand in the living room for a few minutes. Suddenly, Pietro rushes in.

"Stephen! How are you?"

"Fine, Pietro. Just fine. I just stopped by to see how things were going."

"Well, things are going quite well. Things seem to have been relatively quiet ;ately. And Wanda is doing quite well."

Wanda walks in from the medical bay.

"Brother, dearest, I think I am quite capable of speaking for myself."

Pietro rushes over to her and kisses her on the cheek.

"Of course, sister. I'm sorry. Now, I must be going."

Pietro leaves in a flash. Wanda turns her atention back to me.

"It's great to see you again, Steve. How is your work going?"

I sit down on the couch.

"The art? FIne. Wonderful, actually. Being an artist was always my dream. It's just, because of the war, it kind of got put to the side."

"Well, it's good that you're doing what you want to. Oh, by the way, did you see Clint come through here? He was watching the news, and just left in a rush."

"I saw him leaving here like a bat out of hell, talking about killing someone."

"Oh dear lord."

"I'm worried that he's going to do something stupid. He's been angry ever since Johnny died. And you know what happens when he's angry."

"He does something reckless, stupid, and irrisponsible."

"And illegal. Don't forget illegal. Let's just hope he doesn't do something the team will end up regreting."

I sit there for a few moments. Finally, I say something.

"Wanda. I just wanted to say. Congradulations. I...I know you've always wanted kids of your own. I'm happy for you."

She kneels down and hugs me.

"Thankyou Steve. You're sweet."

She gets up and starts to walk to her room. She turns to me with a smile.

"When Clint gets home, tell him he and I will have to have a bit of a talk."

"HA! Alright, Wanda."

She leaves, and I'm left alone. I sit there and think.

"I'm going to have to have a 'bit of a talk' with him too."

I slowly get out of bed. Man my head hurts, every time I have a vision it seems to bring me down to my knees faster than any blow I have ever encountered. It’s a gift but a curse at the same time.

I quickly get dressed and head outside. It’s early in the evening and there are places to go and people to see. Can’t waste any time.

As soon as I step outside an eerie feeling overcomes me. Darkness has fallen over New York City. No streetlights brightening the streets. No TV’s, showing the latest reality shows can be heard in the background. No sounds of washing machines or dishwashers being used after a nice home cooked meal. Simply nothing.

Electro wasn’t kidding when he said he will leave this town in the dark unless Spider-Man is handed to him. Well Peter, I imagine you are already there battling with Electro. I wonder who will win, and which one of you will lose. I suppose I should be there to finish him myself but I have no time. I have to figure out this dream…this vision....

Kaine begins jumping from rooftop to rooftop. He is a man on a mission and he knows where he is going. Without a thought or even a notice he pivots, jumps, and lands from one building to the next. He can execute this with ease and without worry. It seems second nature to him. Probably because it's in his genetics.

I can’t get my head around this. Why was she there? Was it real or was it just one of my illusions? Is this what is to become or is this just another delusion of my frail mind.

I skip across town. I could hear some electrical blasts from faraway. Must be some battle! It’s easy to hear them without the normal noises of city life. But no time for that.

I reach a building that is quite familiar. It’s been awhile since I was last here but it’s where I must start to find him.

I must go back in time and relive my past. I must go where I was born…..I must go HOME….

kaine3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"