The "Heroes Vs Villains" Marvel RPG - Season IV

“They have the power. Oh god..this is terrible. They have the power,”

“Who?”

“The Hosts,”

Jean stood up. She was still in shock.

“We need to get to Cerebra,”

The fiery red head bolted into the great hole that she had put through the mansion. The stringy metal debris began to rematerialize as she passed.

OOC: Sorry for the small bunny Twy. Sugurrush, you are still there, just Jean doesn't you.

Midnight Ice said:
"Hey Logan, Prof. Whats going on?"

I'm about to answer Bobby when I get a blinding headache.

"Aagh!"

I drop the frying pan, but as soon as the headache came it was gone. I groggily turn off the oven, wary that another migrane might cause me to start a fire. Of course with Iceman no more than ten feet away, fire wouldn't be much of a problem.

"I'm sorry for that. I don't know what just happened."

Then, we heard a loud crash. I wheeled myself to a nearby window to look, noticing the others doing the same.

I see Jean running back into the mansion through a gaping hole in the wall, a hole that closes soon after her passing.

~Jean, what is going on? Are you hurt?~

SuperFerret said:
I'm about to answer Bobby when I get a blinding headache.

"Aagh!"

I drop the frying pan, but as soon as the headache came it was gone. I groggily turn off the oven, wary that another migrane might cause me to start a fire. Of course with Iceman no more than ten feet away, fire wouldn't be much of a problem.

"I'm sorry for that. I don't know what just happened."

Then, we heard a loud crash. I wheeled myself to a nearby window to look, noticing the others doing the same.

I see Jean running back into the mansion through a gaping hole in the wall, a hole that closes soon after her passing.

~Jean, what is going on? Are you hurt?~

I was just about to rush towards Xavier when he popped back, wheeling towards the scream that I doubt any of us DIDN'T hear.

"Anyone have any idea what the hell's going on?"

"I'm only alive because you let me live?" Spider-man laughed.

"Think about all the times I could have killed you. Heck, I could kill you with one punch. The concussion against admantium must be pretty painful. Imagine a full power punch." Spider-man said, lowering his voice dangerously.

"Don't tell me that you loved Mary Jane. Don't tell me how much you loved her. You son of a b****, you killed her, how could you love her!?" Spider-man shouted. His spider-sense tingled, and without looking he turned his arm back and fired a web shot at Electro who was still lingering in the background. He probably wanted to see how Spider-man was gonna deal with this.

"He's no better. But at least he doesn't claim to love the ones he kills. You're incapable of love, you cold hearted freak." Spider-man said, wrapping a fist around his throat.

"Remember how this feels?" Spider-man asked...

DarkKnightJRK said:
I was just about to rush towards Xavier when he popped back, wheeling towards the scream that I doubt any of us DIDN'T hear.

"Anyone have any idea what the hell's going on?"
Hey is everyone alright...what just happened

Scott ran over to see what happened

I am standing outside the door, still waiting to go in. I hesitate because even I don’t know what’s behind this door. Whatever it is, it's sure to be dangerous. If only I knew what the code was for the panel underneath this torn piece of wallpaper on the wall. I remember certain things from my past but of course I wouldn’t recollect a 4 digit access code.

Well it’s now or never…

*SMASH*

With a charge leading with my shoulder, I break down the door easily enough. I take a tumble across the doorway just as a large blade come crashing through the top and not stopping until it was 6 inches below the flooring.

*SWOOSH*

I quickly perform a flip as 5 one meter long spikes come through the wall and go smashing into the other side. I land and bounce off the spikes and continue dodging projectiles as I proceed down the hallway. My spidey sense kicks into overdrive as I see a 10 inch steel door begin to close on either side. I have got to make it through. Who knows what will happen to me if I stay inside this hallway. I begin to see gas rising from the bottom, it must be some chemical nerve agent or maybe it’s a delightful toxic vapor. I ignore my sub-conscious warnings of danger because if I stay in here I will end up dead anyways. As I accelerate down the hallway, objects come zooming by me, I dive through the doorway as an arrow shoots through my calf..

AHHHH…DAMMIT

I make it through the other side just as the steel closes down and seals it’s contents. When I look down at my leg I see a foot long arrow stuck halfway through either side of my right calf. The blood is dripping down and glistening under the light creating a small reflective pool on the ground.

Hmph….almost made it. Oh well.

Just as I say those words, I bite my lip and pull the remaining part of the arrow through my now blood covered leg. I quickly tear a piece of cloth and tie it around the wound.

That should hold it until I stitch it up later.

My jaw almost drops as I look up. This room is exactly the same as I left many years ago. It’s all still here, everything he used. However it’s definitely been awhile since someone has been here last. I wonder if I will find anything useful.

I glance at some papers on a desk. The papers contain mathematical calculations and other unrecognizable text.

Might as well be Greek for all I know.

As I look up, my attention is drawn to a large tube that is located at the far wall. When I reach the empty container my heart begins pounding and mixed feelings of angst and anger flood my head.

This is where it all began, this is where I was brought to life.

I continue my search for any clues. Anything that will help me to find him. When all seemed hopeless, I see the most unusual thing placed in Jackal’s lab. A picture frame without a picture sitting on top of one of his countertops.

As I hold it in my hands I wonder what this is doing here. Could Jackal actually have someone he cared enough to keep a picture of them? I doubt it. I turn the frame over and open up the back. When it opens a small piece of paper falls out and onto the ground.

I bend down to pick it up and unfold the paper. On the note was just one word. One word to lead me to my next step. I can only Imagine what it means but I will pay them a visit.

I will pay a visit to MRSTEEL…

"What the hell was that?" Warren said when he heard the crash, and a loud scream. The scream sounded like Jean, but that means it also could have been Madelyn.

He was closer to the holding chambers so he ran in to see if Madelyn was still there. To his surprise he saw a hole through the back of the cell, leading to the outside...it looks like it had been burnt.

"What is going on around here?" He thought to himself. He ran to the danger room to tell Rogue and Jean about what happened but there was a pile of rubble on the ground and a giant hole in the roof, yet no one was there.

"Okay...i'm officially freaked out" Warren said as he took the elevator to the main floor. He heard commotion in the kitchen, so he flew over to that general area. He flew into the kitchen and landed, tucking his wings behind his back. Inside was Xavier, Nightcrawler, Cyclops, Wolverine, Jean, Rogue, and Iceman.

"You guys...Madelyn is gone!" Warren said. Everyone already looked shocked about something, so Warrens announcement perturbed them even more. "What the hell happened?"

Mr. Immortal.

Sin City (not the one in the movie with Bruce Willis, the real one, y'know, Las Vegas.)

The place looked like a battlefield. Bodies lay everywhere. Organs littered the street, and blood flowed like red streams. It made me sick.

Carnage lived up to his name.

I jump out of the jeep I had been driving, grabbing the flamethrower the military guys had given me when I left to find Kasady. The Ghostbusters theme plays through my head as I slip the fuel pack on my back, and test the weapon.

A small puff of flame flies from the nozzle.

Good. It works.

Time to go barbecue a maniac.

Shouldn't be too hard to find him, I'll just have to follow the screams.

---------------------------

I find him seven minutes later, as he finished butchering a family. A young girl, maybe about sixteen years of age, sat on the ground huddled behind a flipped over car. She was cradling something in her lap and whispering to it as she wept. As I got closer, I was able to make out what she was saying, "Daddy, daddy..", and I can she that she's jolding the head of an older man, probably her father.

I'm all to familiar with death, and I know just how traumatic it can be. I get the girl's attention and motion for her to run when I get Kasady's attention. She nods, man, I hope she got what I was saying.

With a bravery that I hoped reached the levels of Captain America, I leapt over the upside-down vehicle and landed boldly behind the red monster, pointing the flamethrower at him.

"Hey!" I called out, taunting him heroically, "Cletus the slack-jawed yokel! Time to make sure whatever happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas."

Oh, yeah. I'm a badass.

ElectroFlare said:
"I'm only alive because you let me live?" Spider-man laughed.

"Think about all the times I could have killed you. Heck, I could kill you with one punch. The concussion against admantium must be pretty painful. Imagine a full power punch." Spider-man said, lowering his voice dangerously.

"Don't tell me that you loved Mary Jane. Don't tell me how much you loved her. You son of a b****, you killed her, how could you love her!?" Spider-man shouted. His spider-sense tingled, and without looking he turned his arm back and fired a web shot at Electro who was still lingering in the background. He probably wanted to see how Spider-man was gonna deal with this.

"He's no better. But at least he doesn't claim to love the ones he kills. You're incapable of love, you cold hearted freak." Spider-man said, wrapping a fist around his throat.

"Remember how this feels?" Spider-man asked...

Bullseye hadn't even had a chance to retaliate to Hawkeye's attack before Spider-Man had blindsided him. He could only hope Electro would keep arrow boy busy. Because right now he was in a fight for his life.

The hatred Parker felt for him was taking him to the edge. He had him in a chokehold, and could very well end up killing him. Surprisingly enough, Bullseye found himself thinking of Brenda and little Leonard, still in hospital, waiting for him.

"I...killed her..." he choked out, "Because you...didn't...deserve her. She was...too good...to go back to...a punk...like you!"

"Bullseye had taken out one of his small throwing blades while talking to Parker. For a long time, he'd believed that he shared a connection with this kid, through Mary-Jane. He'd decided he wouldn't kill him unless he absolutely had to. I think today fell under that cateogory.

He stuck the blade into the soft, fleshy skin under the lower part of his right ear. Spider-Man screamed in pain, releasing his stranglehold. Once he did, Bullseye jabbed him in the throat with the side of his hand, knocking him off of him. Bullseye unpinned his knife from the wall, slashing Parker across the chest as he stood up.

"Remember how this feels?" Bullseye asked.

Sparta* said:
"What the hell was that?" Warren said when he heard the crash, and a loud scream. The scream sounded like Jean, but that means it also could have been Madelyn.

He was closer to the holding chambers so he ran in to see if Madelyn was still there. To his surprise he saw a hole through the back of the cell, leading to the outside...it looks like it had been burnt.

"What is going on around here?" He thought to himself. He ran to the danger room to tell Rogue and Jean about what happened but there was a pile of rubble on the ground and a giant hole in the roof, yet no one was there.

"Okay...i'm officially freaked out" Warren said as he took the elevator to the main floor. He heard commotion in the kitchen, so he flew over to that general area. He flew into the kitchen and landed, tucking his wings behind his back. Inside was Xavier, Nightcrawler, Cyclops, Wolverine, Jean, Rogue, and Iceman.

"You guys...Madelyn is gone!" Warren said. Everyone already looked shocked about something, so Warrens announcement perturbed them even more. "What the hell happened?"
"What? She is gone? Great! Just what we need now. Jean, who has the Pheonix force?"

Keyser Soze said:
Bullseye hadn't even had a chance to retaliate to Hawkeye's attack before Spider-Man had blindsided him. He could only hope Electro would keep arrow boy busy. Because right now he was in a fight for his life.

The hatred Parker felt for him was taking him to the edge. He had him in a chokehold, and could very well end up killing him. Surprisingly enough, Bullseye found himself thinking of Brenda and little Leonard, still in hospital, waiting for him.

"I...killed her..." he choked out, "Because you...didn't...deserve her. She was...too good...to go back to...a punk...like you!"

"Bullseye had taken out one of his small throwing blades while talking to Parker. For a long time, he'd believed that he shared a connection with this kid, through Mary-Jane. He'd decided he wouldn't kill him unless he absolutely had to. I think today fell under that cateogory.

He stuck the blade into the soft, fleshy skin under the lower part of his right ear. Spider-Man screamed in pain, releasing his stranglehold. Once he did, Bullseye jabbed him in the throat with the side of his hand, knocking him off of him. Bullseye unpinned his knife from the wall, slashing Parker across the chest as he stood up.

"Remember how this feels?" Bullseye asked.

Spider-man didn't care about the slash across the chest. It was only a flesh wound anyway, it didn't penetrate. The blade into his ear really made him mad though. Blood pooled under his mask.

"You think that's gonna stop me!?" Spider-man yelled as Bullseye stood up.

"You always need a weapon to fight me. How about mano-y-mano, no weapons, you and me. No one else. Lets finish this once and for all." Spider-man said. "Although calling you a man is an insult to all men everywhere." Spider-man said and turned to Hawkeye. "Sorry man."

Hawkeye nodded.

"This goes way above my chance to show off."

He turned back to Electro.

"So tell me, is everyday for you a bad hair day?" Hawkeye goaded, trying to keep Electro distracted. Wally had snuck up behind Electro, and was on all fours right at his feet. Hawkeye took out two blunt arrows. He didn't want to kill Electro this time. What he had planned would be a lot more fun.

"You know, I was just wondering; with all the power out in the city, can you still fly?"

Hawkeye fired.

Kurt scrambled up onto the top of the fridge, trying to clear up some space in the rapidly filling kitchen. This served to put him at the same level as colossus's head, so Kurt took the opportunity to lean over and whisper.

"Collosus, mein freund, vat is going on? One moment, I am practing mein two-step, ze next, Jean is flying through valls like a cannonball."

IN a whisper of steel on steel, Collosus expressed his confusion in the situation as well.

" Vell zen, I guess we will have to sit back and let our friend Jean explain vhy exactly she felt a new bay window was needed in ze Danger Room..."

“The Hosts,”

Rogue looked at Jean visibly confused.
“Sugah, Ah think you hit your head a little hard. What are you talkin about?”

“We need to get to Cerebra,”

Rogue stood there a second watching Jean fly off, before allowing the flames to lift her in the air. She’d gone through a tought time last year, her absorbtion ability had backfired and she’d manifested all the memories of everyone she’d ever absorbed. The fine points were still vauge. She didn’t even remember what happened to her during all of that. The outdie world had been nothing but a blur. The professor had worked with her a great deal between the X-Mens missions and she’d been kept off of active status the whole year.

She had no idea what Jean was feeling, but if it was anything like what Rogue had felt. The feeling of being alone in a crowd of friends. The confusion of knowhing who she was.
It was something that Jean shouldn’t have to feel, that no one should have to feel.

Rogue followed Jean, dodgingthe metal Jean was putting back in place.

OOC: CNO I left it open so if you do want to head for the kitchen you can.

Sparta* said:

Maddy's gone!?. Scott said running down the hall. Warren did you fly around the mansion to see if you can get a visual of what going on, afterwards we should head for the security station below and see if we can find any clues to this mess...and by the way Havok's missing as well.

Scott has been half way around the mansion at this point trying to find out what had happened.

Jean flung her hand towards the Danger Room door. With out any contact, it slid open. Her mind was being haunted. Every little thing she had ever lived was entering through her head. The Phoenix Force had possessed her for years, tearing at her inner core. Nothing should have the power to do that. Not anyone. Ever since the whole ordeal, Jean has been traveling further and further away from her family. It had to end.

Pressing her hand firmly against Cerebra’s cold plated steel wall, she walked inside the chamber of minds. Seating herself in the round little room, she placed the familiar helmet on her head. Like a force of wind, images of mutants smashed into the X-Man’s mind. Narrowing her thoughts, she began to focus on the images she had seen of the three cosmic figures. Another darker figure stood in the center of each of the giants. It was Lady Deathstrike. Pushing off the helmet she began her telepathic message.

“X-Men, I have found the location of Lady Deathstrike. She is are only lead. I recommend urgent attention to the villain,”

Charlie No-One said:
“X-Men, I have found the location of Lady Deathstrike. She is are only lead. I recommend urgent attention to the villain,”

~Understood, Jean. Meet us in the War Room, so we can formulate a plan of action. Madelyne has escaped recently, so we'll have to split the team.~

"X-Men, meet in the War Room."

SuperFerret said:
~Understood, Jean. Meet us in the War Room, so we can formulate a plan of action. Madelyne has escaped recently, so we'll have to split the team.~

The whole team met in the war room
I hardly think Lady Deathstrike requires the entire teams attention. Insisted Cyclops from the war room chair.

I will lead a team of three to find her. Besides myself, I will take Wolverine and Rogue, that should be enough for Deathstrike. Wolverine I will need you there to provide expertise on our opponent...I understand you two have a history together

Wolverine showed the middle claw.

A rough history I take it....and Rogue I will need you to absorb what you can of her mind to figure out what part she plays in all of this

....As for Maddy, I want Arcangel and Iceman to mobilize a searching party. Archangel do you have anyone in mind for your team.

ShadowBoxing said:
The whole team met in the war room
I hardly think Lady Deathstrike requires the entire teams attention. Insisted Cyclops from the war room chair.

I will lead a team of three to find her. Besides myself, I will take Wolverine and Rogue, that should be enough for Deathstrike.

....As for Maddy, I want Arcangel and Iceman to mobilize a searching party. Archangel do you have anyone in mind for your team.

(By the way anyone who wishes to change this do so next post....we are still in the war room)

"'You will take me?' Yeesh, bub, you and what army?"

Of course, I'm tugging on his jockies with that. He knows that when it comes to my...former aquantences with Weapon Plus, you'd need an army to stop me.

"Alright, I'll get my crap ready. Meet ya in the Jet."

DarkKnightJRK said:
"'You will take me?' Yeesh, bub, you and what army?"

Of course, I'm tugging on his jockies with that. He knows that when it comes to my...former aquantences with Weapon Plus, you'd need an army to stop me.

"Alright, I'll get my crap ready. Meet ya in the Jet."
Wolverine, are you ever gonna get along with me....bub.?

Rogue followed Jean.

"The girl's a little 'off'" Rogue landed out side of the room and leaned against the wall. Minutes ticked by till Jeans sweet voice sang in her head.

Rogue looked down at her hand as it flared up in flames.
"Lady Deathstrike."
Rage burned in her like flames, the woman who had wronged her. Oh, she would pay. Pay for every little bit of pain that had been felt.
One doesn't lose legs everyday.

Rogue looked up and started at the wall across from her. The gleaming surface of the metel. She put her hands to her head and shoke it.

"No. NO This isn't me thinkin' it's Sunfire." She closed her eyes as tears came to them. Her legs tingled.

Professot Xaviers voice came through her throughts, jerking her to reality.

Rogue pushed herself off from the wall and walked towards the War Room.
She took a seat and was soon joined by the rest of the X-Men. She fought back the feelings of pain in her legs.

"I hardly think Lady Deathstrike requires the entire teams attention.
I will lead a team of three to find her. Besides myself, I will take Wolverine and Rogue, that should be enough for Deathstrike. Wolverine I will need you there to provide expertise on our opponent...I understand you two have a history together. A rough history I take it....and Rogue I will need you to absorb what you can of her mind to figure out what part she plays in all of this....As for Maddy, I want Arcangel and Iceman to mobilize a searching party. Archangel do you have anyone in mind for your team."

Rogue stared at Scott. The fact that he would even suggest...

"NO! Ah will go on this mission but Ah will NOT touch that woman except to knock her clean out."
Rogue stood. Her fiery hands resting on the table.

"You know what she did to me! I will NOT touch that 犬の娘."

OOC: Sorry about the bunny ya'll.

“No Cyclops. Lady Deathstrike is very dangerous by herself. Something has given her more enhancements. I can easily read her mind to get the information that we seek. Wolverine, Rogue, you, and me will take her on,”

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"