The Ian McLounge

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of these days I'll watch Deadwood. Right after I finish The Sopranos and The Wire.

Hey! Stop throwing things at me!
I haven't seen THE WIRE yet.....but I have watched DEADWOOD and THE SOPRANOS.....my suggestion is, don't bother with finishing the SOPRANOS and immediately start DEADWOOD.

I haven't seen THE WIRE yet.....but I have watched DEADWOOD and THE SOPRANOS.....my suggestion is, don't bother with finishing the SOPRANOS and immediately start DEADWOOD.

My motivation to watch a show is kinda like a shark. If it stops moving forward, it'll die. I've got an episode-a-day pace going with Sopranos right now. If I stop now, it'll just end up in the pile with Narcos, Succession and all the other shows I watched 4 episodes of before abandoning.

Ooof. I can't speak for Narcos, but finishing Succession would've been a much more worthwhile endeavor than finishing the Sopranos. And I say that as someone who actually liked the end of the Sopranos. :funny:

Ooof. I can't speak for Narcos, but finishing Succession would've been a much more worthwhile endeavor than finishing the Sopranos. And I say that as someone who actually liked the end of the Sopranos. :funny:

Where is all this Sopranos slander coming from? Obviously I haven't seen much of it yet, but I thought it was widely regarded as one of the best shows of all time? Why have people been lying to me all this time? And about what else?

Where is all this Sopranos slander coming from? Obviously I haven't seen much of it yet, but I thought it was widely regarded as one of the best shows of all time? Why have people been lying to me all this time? And about what else?
I mean it's a great show, but it was the definition of ups and downs. There were definitely a few episodes I'd put up there with the best of all-time. When it was great, it was great. But for most of it's later run...it wasn't that great, imo. Whereas Succession so far just keeps getting better and better.

Deadwood is better than both.

I mean it's a great show, but it was the definition of ups and downs. There were definitely a few episodes I'd put up there with the best of all-time. When it was great, it was great. But for most of it's later run...it wasn't that great, imo. Whereas Succession so far just keeps getting better and better.

Deadwood is better than both.

3zIEi3S.gif

:funny: If it makes you feel any better, finishing The Wire is always a wise choice.

I really, really, really need to watch Succession. It even has Mr. Darcy in it. Same with Ozark. Not the Mr. Darcy part, just seeing it.

Can't go wrong with either of those two shows.

Battlefield Earth 20th Anniversary Blu-Ray Release To Include 70 Minutes Of New Bonus Features

I have to be honest: When I was four years old, this was one of my all time favourite films, alongside Jingle All The Way. Wasn’t able to tell a good film from a bad film til later in life through cinematography, acting, writing, and other areas. Saw it a few years ago, and man, was I able to see it for the abysmal mess it was.

Still holds a special place as a guilty pleasure! :funny::funny:

Last edited:
I didn't watch it until last year. I too had heard it was the greatest thing since sliced bread....and thought it was boring. I recently got through two seasons of RAY DONAVAN before I decided to find something more interesting to spend my time on.

Battlefield Earth 20th Anniversary Blu-Ray Release To Include 70 Minutes Of New Bonus Features

I have to be honest: When I was four years old, this was one of my all time favourite films, alongside Jingle All The Way. Wasn’t able to tell a good film from a bad film til later in life through cinematography, acting, writing, and other areas. Saw it a few years ago, and man, was I able to see it for the abysmal mess it was.

So Scientology definitely funded this release, right? :funny:

That swag when everything has transpired according to your design and everything is proceeding as you have foreseen.

Sheev inner monologue: "You know what? Even though I'm trying to slim down to fit into that new robe, I'm gonna have that second piece of chocolate cake tonight. I mean... I earned it, right?"

One of these people has a doctorate in organic chemistry.

XLwipPh.jpeg

I read an interview from him talking about how she wore him out with their wild sex life in the eighties hitting all the clubs and bringing like five people home with them.

I could never finish the film.

Just wanted to share that this week marked 3 years since @Vartha passed away. I miss his positivity on the Hype. Was thinking of him so I wanted to just mention him.

Last edited:
Also, I worked 17 hours yesterday and am so tired

I read an interview from him talking about how she wore him out with their wild sex life in the eighties hitting all the clubs and bringing like five people home with them.

I ain't going to lie... I low-key had a thing for Grace Jones When I was a teenager

And for sure you can see that she's one of the few Mortals on Earth that can probably take Dolph Lundgren to the showers on a regular basis sex wise.

And he was an Olympic coach.

What I'm saying is... Cocaine is a Hell of a drug.

I watched it once and my god was it amateurish.

Scientology is absolute nonsense and should be prosecuted as a criminal conspiracy.

And that movie is just absolute lowest common denominator dreck... But the novel of Battlefield Earth is one of my favorite sci fi fantasy books of all time.

Before the psyche ward is called if anyone reads it you'll come away understanding that as the founder of a religion he made a hell of a sci fi writer. He 's definitely positing some "deep thoughts" about post war America and the general state of human society when he wrote it in a general social criticism manner that was neither original or uncommon at the time.

No what is legitimately good is the way the story builds tension and as bat guano as the story is it works on its own terms and follows its internal logic and rules. It is also quite the epic. The film dumbed down and truncated the story greatly.

Like I legit recommend this book, especially if a more whiz bang, old school sci fi more in the wheelhouse of Flash Gordon than 2001 but with a splash of Dune level pretensions.

It's a hoot.

I ain't going to lie... I low-key had a thing for Grace Jones When I was a teenager

And for sure you can see that she's one of the few Mortals on Earth that can probably take Dolph Lundgren to the showers on a regular basis sex wise.

And he was an Olympic coach.

What I'm saying is... Cocaine is a Hell of a drug.

Having sex with her seems like it'd be terrifying though. For one, she seems like she'd be insanely dominant, for two she seems like if you didn't satisfy her she'd rip your penis off or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"