The Incredible Hercules Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never bought Hulk - but provided this doesnt become another of their "humour" book like the third series of Alpha Flight, I'll add it to my list. The buddy angle of two polar opposites leaves me a little worried.

I'll be buying this, I love Herc.

Quick question, why is this spinning off from Hulk and not just start a new ongoing at #1?

Because the last time there was a Hercules #1, it sold like crap. Granted, it certainly couldn't have had anything to do with the god-awful reality TV premise or anything. To the people who care at Marvel, it's all the same: low sales are low sales. :o

Passive-aggressive sarcasm aside, I don't care how Herc got an ongoing, I'm just glad he did. I would've preferred "The Legendary Hercules" rather than "The Incredible Hercules," myself, but I'll take what I can get.

But Marvel loves shiney new #1s!

I saw that Herc mini in my comic shop, full collection for £3. Was tempted.

I'll be buying this, I love Herc.

Quick question, why is this spinning off from Hulk and not just start a new ongoing at #1?

Marvel's playing it safe.This way we'll get more stories and lessen chances of cancellation.

It wasn't a bad mini. Sure, reality t.v., but it was handled well.

So now my subscription to Incredible Hulk will be to the incredible Hercules...Hmmm I hope it is good.

It's Hercules being awesome and potentially meeting Thor in the third arc. How could it not be good?

But Hercules is not and will never be "The Hulk". Nuff said!

Yeah, he's inherently better than the Hulk. :up:

I enjoyed his first mini series, thought the second with his son was O.K. haven't read any other solo stuff. He used to annoy me in Avengers with his "Gift of Battle ****". He's no Troyjan war or Planet Hulk, Hulk in my opinion.

Pak's gonna continue the Planet Hulk saga in Skaar, so there's no need to choose one or the other. If you're really that huge a Hulk fan, you could always try to stomach Loeb's writing on the new Hulk series, too.

Pak's gonna continue the Planet Hulk saga in Skaar, so there's no need to choose one or the other. If you're really that huge a Hulk fan, you could always try to stomach Loeb's writing on the new Hulk series, too.

When the Hulk is done well he is an awesome concept. He is, however, as a character diluted by the many bad stories over the years and as a concpt by the many copies and homages both good and ill over time.

I agree. Planet Hulk was an excellent example of the Hulk done well. Peter David's "Professor" Hulk run was good, too. WWH... not so much. I tend to stay away from the Hulk when his comic degenerates into a series of slugfests.

I'm actually pretty interested in this new title. I've enjoyed Herc throughout his history (even during the everyone-in-the-Avengers-wears-a-leather-jacket phase) and it'll be fun to see him in his own comic again.

Hey, don't knock the jacket phase. The costumes may have been scaled down to wannabe-X-Men looks, but that Proctor storyline was pretty good.

I mentioned on another board that if Van Lente is keen on a Thor/Herc meeting, he might potentially know his continuity well enough to have a Herc/Dane meeting later on. Those two could make some beautiful buddy cop comics. :)

Hey, don't knock the jacket phase. The costumes may have been scaled down to wannabe-X-Men looks, but that Proctor storyline was pretty good.

I mentioned on another board that if Van Lente is keen on a Thor/Herc meeting, he might potentially know his continuity well enough to have a Herc/Dane meeting later on. Those two could make some beautiful buddy cop comics. :)

I'd love to see some buddy cop comic action. If I can't have Beast and Wonderman, Herc and Dane would be the next best thing.

I agree. Planet Hulk was an excellent example of the Hulk done well. Peter David's "Professor" Hulk run was good, too. WWH... not so much. I tend to stay away from the Hulk when his comic degenerates into a series of slugfests.

WWH has been awful. The WWH What IF was even worse though. Obviously in that Universe Blackbolt wasn't a Skrull, or was he.....?:ninja:

I'd love to see some buddy cop comic action. If I can't have Beast and Wonderman, Herc and Dane would be the next best thing.
Herc, Dane, Beast, and Wonder Man could all hang out if Wonder Man weren't a willing tool of an oppressive regime now. :oldrazz:

The Proctor storyline was great. Has it ever been collected as a trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"