The Incredible Hercules Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's Olympian fabric. Better than prada. :p

I see Herc even stepped his head protector up. It's normally cloth, this one is some kind of metal. I can dig it :up:

Last edited:
Yeah, the artist randomly switched it. I kind of miss the floppy one, but the metal one looks all right.

I thought US Agent had an energy shield in that one panel he's in, but then I saw the cars in the next panel and realized that stuff was disappearing. Everyone other than Captain America should have an energy shield. Or I guess Patriot can keep his old-school Cap shield for sentimental value. But other people should totally have energy shields.

Preview for #140.

Alright, the dynamic duo's back.

Still don't know about this take on Hephaestus; he was generally one of the nicer gods. Though based on this it seems like they're going to bring up his attempt to rape Athena (his one major act of dickery in the old stories).

Hahaha, "Shut up." "You shut up." Kind of defines Herc and Cho's whole relationship, huh?

35mjsk0.jpg

HERCULES: FALL OF AN AVENGER #2 (of 2)
Written by FRED VAN LENTE
Pencils and Cover by ARIEL OLIVETTI
ATLAS backup by PAUL TOBIN & REILLY BROWN
Hercules, the Lion of Olympus has fallen. And now his best friend Amadeus Cho must fight to prevent the takeover of the Olympian pantheon by the most terrifying god on the planet! With Banner, Skaar, Thor, and Namor swept into the conflict, immortals choose champions and the destiny of Marvel's mighty world of mythology plunges towards irrevocable change! The next and most shocking era in the saga of "Incredible Hercules" begins here! Plus, a backup tale of Venus, the enchanting siren from the Agents of Atlas!
40 PGS./Rated T+ ...$3.99

That's where Zeus went. Kind of makes me think that Pluto might be the big bad for the post-death arc, in fact. He's fairly "terrifying," given that he's a death god.

More importantly, Thor's gonna be involved! Yay! :awesome:

That's where Zeus went. Kind of makes me think that Pluto might be the big bad for the post-death arc, in fact. He's fairly "terrifying," given that he's a death god.

More importantly, Thor's gonna be involved! Yay! :awesome:
I would assume it's the return of Mikaboshi.

And I here that, in emulation of Thor's own book at the time this was written, Bill and Kelda will be doing all the important stuff while Thor appears for two pages talking portentiously.

It does seem kind of weird to have Banner and Skaar show up, other than the fact that Greg Pak is also writing them in INCREDIBLE HULK so it's a loose cross-over. They haven't been involved with either Hercules or Cho for some time and the Hulk usually regarded the two as annoyances. Granted, Cho last ran into Banner for that whole "what happened to Kirby the pup" back up story, so whatever.

When the Zeus arc ended, Pluto was being overrun by his own dead in Hades, so it is possible that Hercules could arrive there and the underworld is in chaos. I can understand Thor being involved in Herc's undead plight, but...Namor? Seems random. Did the solicit just forget an "a" at the end of that? Why does Namor give a spit whether Hercules lives or dies? This is a guy who makes a fuss about showing up whenever Captain America or some other old Invader buddy needed help.

At any rate, I'll be aboard for anything Herc from Pak & Lente at this point.

Pak's name seems to be conspicuously absent from Marvel's April solicitations, actually. Even on the Hulk titles.
I would assume it's the return of Mikaboshi.

And I here that, in emulation of Thor's own book at the time this was written, Bill and Kelda will be doing all the important stuff while Thor appears for two pages talking portentiously.
Those days are over. Gillen is making Thor awesome again! :argh:

You're probably right about Mikaboshi, though. I can't believe I forgot about him.

Namor worships Poseidon (who's been oddly absent from this current story; you'd think he'd have something to say about what Hera's up to), so he would have a reason for getting involved in the affairs of the Pantheon.

"Delphyne you mad amazonian wench!" is the best line in this whole book.:hehe:

Oh, I don't know. I kinda like "Frickin' heroes." from Hephaestus, when Herc and Cho are both willing to sacrifice themselves to free the other.

I thought Zeus and Hera's reconciliation was rather sweet. And then, :shock at what Typhon did to Hera! (I know she's a goddess and this is probably temporary, but still!)

That was pretty unexpected. Herc and Cho being equally willing to sacrifice themselves for each other was cool. I actually didn't think of that when Hephaestus was explaining the trap, which is kind of embarrassing.

I honstley thought cho was going to trick hephaestus or that delphyine was going to knock him out and free them.

I thought they'd be stuck in there for a while, at least. But both of them immediately hitting the button simultaneously makes sense. And it was hilarious. :)

Oh yes it was more and more i think one member's idea of what happens to hera will come true which is hera gets turned into a kid like zeus.

Well it isn't as creepy as kid zeus/adult hera and now that i think about it whi is hephestus so loyal he forgived aphrodite for having sex with ares in the myths so why would he be so cruel to hercules heck he made the golden mace for hercules right?

I don't think that Hephaestus forgave Aphrodite for her infidelities. Considering how he paraded her and Ares nude and demanded his bride price be paid by Zeus.

EDIT: Several versions of the myth also have Hephaestus and Aphrodite ended their marriage after he trapped her and Ares.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"