Daredevil The Inevitable Costume Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the explained its there to deflect knives depending on amgle.

Get rid of the black and streamline the entire chest/stomach area. I know the details and shapes are different, but I still feel like I am looking at a red and black Captain America.

I actually like the finished suit and I hope they don't change too much for season two, although I wouldn't mind the black parts of the suit becoming red in the future. The armored aspect fit well the level of violence and brutality that was featured in the series and they did a wonderful job of setting up/demonstrating why DD would use such a suit. It looked as if it had a pronounced shinobi influence.

Okay one negative thing about the suit for me. Daredevil should never smile in that thing again. Looks weird.

Yeah Charlie Cox does have a big mouth. Combine that with a tight cowl and it's a recipe for disaster.

I thought for a first incarnation it looked good. Have to consider that Melvin haven't had a lot of time to work on it.

I'm fine with the DD never appearing. It always seemed like it was there in the comic just for the sake of it. And apart from Superman who was the first (and his insignia is a much more interesting design), having a superhero's symbol just be his initials is pretty generic.

I wouldn't care if it WAS there, but I don't care that it isn't either. And I wouldn't mind if it was smaller and on the breast like the movie had it. I did like the little nod to it with the belt buckles.

The horns are much more important - if it wasn't for those he'd just be Red-guy.

I'm fine with the DD never appearing. It always seemed like it was there in the comic just for the sake of it. And apart from Superman who was the first (and his insignia is a much more interesting design), having a superhero's symbol just be his initials is pretty generic.

I wouldn't care if it WAS there, but I don't care that it isn't either. And I wouldn't mind if it was smaller and on the breast like the movie had it. I did like the little nod to it with the belt buckles.

The horns are much more important - if it wasn't for those he'd just be Red-guy.

Wow I didn't even notice the buckles. Yeah that's enough for me.

I would say the comic version needs the logo since otherwise it's just a plain red bodysuit from the neck down, but since the show version has a lot more intricate details I don't think it needs the logos.

Also the more I look at the costume the more I start to love it. Can't wait for a full season with it. Imagine another
one take fight scene
with him in the suit.

Last edited:
I say change the neck part from black to red then I'll be cool with it. And of course, at some point, give him the swinging billy club.

Yeah, it's apparently a different material, but there's no reason it needs to be black. It could be any colour.

I like the combination of red and black. I know some people wanted an all red suit but I just feel like that would look as bland on film as the nearly all-black suits in the X-Men films. Honestly, I feel like the suit they went with is close to how I always hoped it would be... I just think they need to remold the facial piece a little. But the rest of it is perfect, IMO.

On the DD logo
Was he called Daredevil before he got the suit

I don't think he was

Haha I don't know because I'm not all the way through it yet but they keep calling him the man in black in the earlier episodes and I couldn't stop thinking about The Princess Bride. What makes it even funnier is that there is a character named Wesley.

One thing... I wonder now how they will approach Iron Fist's suit when that show gets off the ground, since his mask is very similar to the one Matt wears through most of the first season of Daredevil. Will they take a different approach?

It looks great in some shots, not so much in others.

This was my favourite shot of the suit.
2m3srxt.jpg

On the DD logo
Was he called Daredevil before he got the suit

I don't think he was

Nope. He had the suit first. It was only at the very end when Foggy, Matt and Karen were outside their office where he was christened Daredevil after the final fight with Fisk.
Which makes me think that the DD logo could very well be there the next time we see the suit.

I think they will make some minor adjustments to the suit for his next appearance. The DD on his chest, and they'll probably tweak the cowl a bit.

"Haven't had enough time to get all of it through the process. Black parts will give the most protection. Red might deflect a knife depending on the angle. Might not."

Agreed. Recast immediately! Daredevil has a small mouth! :woot:

:funny: I died laughing!

On a serious note, he is the perfect cast; not just for this character, but for a superhero in general, and that includes both his secret identity and his real one. He has such a presence....

I say change the neck part from black to red then I'll be cool with it. And of course, at some point, give him the swinging billy club.

[BLACKOUT]Potter did mention he wasn't completely finished with it, if he meant the billy clubs then the wire thingy might come in the future.[/BLACKOUT]

I tried to stay away from photos of the suit but I did manage to get a quick glimpse of the mask by accident, and now I have just finished the last episode and finally got my first look at the complete suit and I'm not sure how I feel.
The suit itself is OK, nothing more. The mask/helmet however needs a lot of work. I can understand why it looks the way it does but I hope in the future they can manage to give him the classic suit but still have the fabric being tough enough to give him protection.
Just going by looks, the black outfit was way better than the final suit.

"Haven't had enough time to get all of it through the process. Black parts will give the most protection. Red might deflect a knife depending on the angle. Might not."

I know why in the story it's black but I don't know why they chose it design wise. Take away that line and it could have worked.
They could have even had Matt tell Potter about his world on fire and make the black parts yellow so he would look like how he sees the world.

I haven't gotten to the last episode yet, so I haven't seen the red suit in action, but I actually like the black suit. I think it looks pretty cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"