Daredevil The Inevitable Costume Thread - Part 2

I think the black costume is too hodge podge for me to take that seriously. Plus the addition of the bulky rope gloves were a bit goofy. Like fighting with comedy foam fingers.

It's not a bad design overall, maybe they could improve on it so it's more of a sleek costume than a pair of combats and a jersey. Though my preference is still for getting the red suit back and updating it.

I liked the looks of the ropes (you'll see that incorporated into Daredevil costumes on occasion), but I thought they said the point was to use them to pull the opponent in close, which he never did.

I thought the muay thai ropes and the white lining on the mask made him look like a Frank Miller drawing come to life. Just great costume design. It looked cool and it made sense to this story. I loved it. But yeah, I'm in agreement with everybody else saying that he better be wearing the devil suit next season.

I liked the looks of the ropes (you'll see that incorporated into Daredevil costumes on occasion), but I thought they said the point was to use them to pull the opponent in close, which he never did.
I think he meant he needed them to have and advantage in close combat and that he needed to avoid letting Bullseye have range.

I'm just getting tired of Marvel/Netflix's whole "we're gunna kinda give you hints of the costume without doing an actual costume" thing. DD was the one who fully embraced the costume, would hate to see him regress to the black pee-jays

Sadly, it's what we got. I hate it, honestly. I don't get people saying it's a comic costume. For like 1 comic in the 90's.

I digress If it wasn't for Kingpin, I wouldn't have rushed to watch it, this season really felt like a back stumble. The costume kind of symbolizes that.

All I want is Season 4 that has Matt back in his proper DD outfit (the second copy that we saw in the frame attempt as I cant see him sporting a new one as, well, Melvin's not going to be making it for him, is he?) and Bullseye wearing one of his own.

Is that too much to ask?

Probably.

Easiest out for him to get a new costume is help from Danny.

Sadly, it's what we got. I hate it, honestly. I don't get people saying it's a comic costume. For like 1 comic in the 90's.
I was somewhat tongue in cheek when I said that, but the point is that it's drawn from a story arc pretty directly.

Thats fine when you have a comic that comes out monthly; spread over the decades that comic has been out 'sans costume' is a very small percentile. Here we'll get at most, what, four of five series so any prolonged absence of costume is going to be felt.

Thats fine when you have a comic that comes out monthly; spread over the decades that comic has been out 'sans costume' is a very small percentile. Here we'll get at most, what, four of five series so any prolonged absence of costume is going to be felt.

With two of the original four Defenders series cancelled I'm not actually sure DD and JJ have that long to go either. I'm not certain we'll get any more than three seasons, though I'd love to be wrong.

The two shows were cancelled for entirely unrelated reasons so I don't know why people would read a pattern into it.

The two shows were cancelled for entirely unrelated reasons so I don't know why people would read a pattern into it.
What were the reasons exactly? I think I read Luke Cage they were already writing a bunch of scripts but then some kind of disagreements were happening, and Iron Fist wasn't pulling in the numbers.

Iron Fist wasn't picked up for a third season because the viewership ratings didn't justify it. Luke Cage was picked up for a third season and then there was a fight over creative direction.

I finished watching season 3. I knew we weren't getting a Bullseye costume or Matt in a proper DD costume. It's like they cheaped out and stuck Bullseye in a DD costume for budgetary reasons rather than real plot reasons.

And it was almost as if they were making a statement that there's no more red costume because it had become associated with a killer. Even if the series weren't cancelled, how could DD go back to red?

Also, it's like they switched DD and Bullseye's colour schemes. Since DD was in black with those ropes acting like Bullseye's white gloves, they wouldn't put Bullseye in those same colours as well. He had to be in a different colour like red to distinguish him from DD.

This was more costume nonsense from Netflix. I'm guessing Bullseye had to earn his comic costume and DD now had to earn the right to wear a red costume again.

Once the charade that Dex was DD was over, he should have grinded off the horns, sprayed the suit black and painted the Bullsye logo on the forhead, and then Matt could have gotten a new suit from somewhere.

Once the charade that Dex was DD was over, he should have grinded off the horns, sprayed the suit black and painted the Bullsye logo on the forhead, and then Matt could have gotten a new suit from somewhere.

He should have, but they wouldn't have done that. It would've been too much trouble. They pretty much decided to save costs and wondered where they could get another costume cheaply for free instead of making a new Bullseye costume. That's why they decided to give him DD's red costume instead since it was available, and have Matt in the "proto" black costume.

It was pretty much a case of saving money by having the hero fight a "double" who has the same costume or an existing variant of a costume so they don't have to make a new one.

So had this master piece of a show not been cancelled, would Matt had found his way back into the red suit? He said to Potter that he had "outgrown" what the suit stood for. So he seemed done with it.

Sorry for the necropost.

So had this master piece of a show not been cancelled, would Matt had found his way back into the red suit? He said to Potter that he had "outgrown" what the suit stood for. So he seemed done with it.

Sorry for the necropost.

From things I read online, they're in talks to bring back at least Charlie's Daredevil, Jon's Punisher and Krysten's Jessica into the MCU, so we might just see DD in his proper costume yet:

Marvel Studios May've Gotten The Rights Back To The Defenders Early

While this is nowhere near concrete information at this point, it definitely lines up with a number of breaking stories that We Got This Covered have brought to you recently. In the last few months, our sources have told us that Mike Colter was definitely out and Luke Cage was being recast, an Asian actor was being actively sought to play the new Iron Fist, Jon Bernthal’s Punisher was under consideration for a third season on either Hulu or Disney Plus and that Krysten Ritter and Charlie Cox were all-but-guaranteed to reappear in the MCU as Jessica Jones and Daredevil. Not to mention that MCU Cosmic also mentions a possible Midnight Sons film, which We Got This Covered reported on way back in September.

We Got This Covered is useless, I wouldn't bank on any of that

I'd love to see Cox back in the red suit in the MCU, along with Ritter, Bernthal, D'Onofrio, and (for me) Elodie Yung; she was great season 2 and deserves some redemption after Defenders

Colter and Finn I was always indifferent towards, though I think Marvel was screwed either way casting Iron Fist. If he's Asian it would've been "Racist Asian Kungfu Stereotypes!" but if he's white, like the comics, it's "White Savior Cliche!" So i dunno what to do with him. But I wouldn't be heartbroken if either were recast.

Sorry for the necropost.

As far as the series goes, it seems that he was done with the red suit, and after "Bullseye" wore it, it made it a symbol of something negative such that he could never wear it ever again if the series had continued. It would always be associated with murder.

If Cox wore the red suit as DD again, it would be as a semi rebooted version of the character for whom the whole arc with Bullseye in Season 3 never happened. No-one would ever have sullied his name or his suit. I'm not sure Murdock could even be DD if the series were to continue. He would always have that stigma over his name.

Same with if D'Onofrio played Fisk again. He would also be a rebooted version who just happens to be played by the same actor. Where he's ended up at the moment, it's really difficult for him to do anything further in the MCU proper. He's already been let out of jail once and controlled everyone. He needs to be back where he was at the start of Season 1 when he was considered a legitimate businessman whom some suspected of crimes, but no-one could ever prove it.

Bullseye was a budget Bullseye anyway. They couldn't be bothered to make a proper Bullseye costume, so they just used the red DD costume and kept Matt in the "proto" black suit or Trial of the Incredible Hulk rehash.

We Got This Covered is useless, I wouldn't bank on any of that

I'd love to see Cox back in the red suit in the MCU, along with Ritter, Bernthal, D'Onofrio, and (for me) Elodie Yung; she was great season 2 and deserves some redemption after Defenders

Colter and Finn I was always indifferent towards, though I think Marvel was screwed either way casting Iron Fist. If he's Asian it would've been "Racist Asian Kungfu Stereotypes!" but if he's white, like the comics, it's "White Savior Cliche!" So i dunno what to do with him. But I wouldn't be heartbroken if either were recast.

It's all over the place. WGTC was just one of the first results when I googled for it:

Marvel Could Start Getting Its Netflix Heroes Back This Year
Rumor: Marvel Studios is Already Developing Projects With 'The Defenders' Characters - MCU Cosmic
Marvel Reportedly Wants To Revive Netflix's 'Defenders' Characters

Eh,, The show ended on a "good enough" note. I don't know if the quality and interest can be maintained for long if revived.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"