Iron Man 3 The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - - Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn...so that basically means that
the Mandarin never even comes face to face with Tony at all. This almost sounds like the first part of a two-part series. Leaving Killian and Mandarin at large is a pretty huge cliff-hanger.

Damn...so that basically means that
the Mandarin never even comes face to face with Tony at all. This almost sounds like the first part of a two-part series. Leaving Killian and Mandarin at large is a pretty huge cliff-hanger.

Novelisation says that:
closest Tony gets to him is into his bedroom while he is asleep, before Brandt knocks him out

Also some new stills there as well that I will post in a sec...

I'm sure at least Killian croaks it at the end. I really hope The Mandarin doesn't though.

Some Iron Man 3 BTS footage...

[YT]XkcP5Fc8QGY[/YT]

AnxXkVd.png

7VeK5Lt.png

UoRwzHW.png

GGKyPis.png

Via @Antovolk!

Damn, beat me to my own images Irish :p

Screencapped from Kindle edition of junior novelisation (source of spoilers)

Sorry Anto, I credited you. Haha, I thought Freshman would beat me to them actually. :p

I hope I'm wrong but it's looking increasingly likely that

'the Mandarin' is just the facade of a madman manipulated by Killian into making videos to scare the American government into giving the Extremis project funding
That would seem to be the extent of his role in this film, and it would be an incredibly disappointing take on the character, IMO.

Last edited:
I hope I'm wrong but it's looking increasingly likely that

'the Mandarin' is just the facade of a madman manipulated by Killian into making videos to scare the American government into giving the Extremis project funding

Are you....****ing...kidding me...

If you want more details, get the novelisation (and the storybook is out as well) off iTunes/Amazon Kindle (easiest way).

Wait so those who did read the novelization...
Is Mandarin really just a pawn/facade/not really a full-fledged representation of the character as a real foe?

I didn't see anything in the book summary that answered the question of whether [blackout]Mandy or Killian was in charge[/blackout]. Anto, did it clear that up?

I wouldn't be going in with everything for these junior novelizations. Spider-Man 3's ending was completely and totally different, and left harry out for most of it.

You can get The Movie Storybook (the Avengers one last year revealed loads of awesome new images) and the Suits of Armor book on itunes for a cheap price.

I didn't see anything in the book summary that answered the question of whether [blackout]Mandy or Killian was in charge[/blackout]. Anto, did it clear that up?

[blackout]Seems that Mandy wanted someone who would support him with an army, but Killian wanted both him and the President of the US in both his pockets so that he could get power - he "bought the rights to the War on Terror, I am both sides by proxy" [/blackout]

[blackout]Seems that Mandy wanted someone who would support him with an army, but Killian wanted both him and the President of the US in both his pockets so that he could get power - he "bought the rights to the War on Terror, I am both sides by proxy" [/blackout]

That is a bit disappointing if true, but it seems not totally unexpected.

Surfer

I just got my MCU Box set in the mail a few minutes ago. I will try to let people know what all is included in a little bit.

Surfer

It seems like they left the ending out.

Someone mentioned Spider-Man 3...

Well, Avengers just cut off somewhere before things truly kicked off.

Jean's death was nowhere to be found in the adult novelization.

I'd say it's a good bet that they're leaving that out to have at least one surprise left for the audience. Mandarin will likely still be at large, but there will be a final fight with Killian at the very least for sure.

Sounds to me that this movie may turn out to be absolutely nothing a majority of us thought it would be.

So basically, neither Killian nor Mandarin are in control. They are both using each other.

I'm cool with that. I actually like that more than either or being the lackey to the other's boss.

It feels like that Novelization left a lot out. We'll see though.

Seeing as how they have portrayed the Madarian, there is no possible way the Chinese (their government) can be offended.

What a shame /:

Like I said, quite a few bits missing from the novelisation - especially since it's a JUNIOR novelisation.
strange to me that neither Killian nor Mandarin were present at the final battle here though

I'm pretty sure Killian makes it to the final battle,according to the lego sets
He injects himself with the extremis virus
imlego.jpg

I'm 100% that's Killian here fighting/flipping Iron Man and it supports the fact that he's infected
oYEfv61.jpg

We know that the extremis virus enhances the humans physically and makes them able to fight Iron man with their bare hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"