Iron Man 3 The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - - Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tomorrow is going to be a big day!

Phase One box set, IM3 storybook, stickerbook and loads more.
Plus possibly the rumored first Thor 2 trailer. Wouldn't be heartbroken if it doesn't get released but it would be nice.

Since we haven't heard any hype or seen a trailer classification, I'm not getting my hopes up anymore. But it would be a really nice surprise if they did put it out there.

if i recall correctly the first IM3 trailer didnt get classified...
but marvel/disney let us know a week prior...
i wouldnt mind if we at least get a teaser.

has this been posted yet? Apparently RDJ is going to be in Beijing from April 4-6 for the IM3 official premiere on Aril 6. An audience will be seeing this baby in less than 5 days!

HONG KONG – Robert Downey Jr. will attend an event set within Beijing’s Forbidden City complex on April 6 to launch a month-long promotional blitz of Iron Man 3 in China before its release in the country in early May.
A source close to the event told The Hollywood Reporter that the actor would be in the Chinese capital for the whole day, with his appearance at the evening event possibly preceded by meetings with the local press.

It is understood that Iron Man 3 also will “have a presence” at the Beijing International Film Festival, which runs April 16-23 – leaving the possibility open for the film to be make its bow at the Chinese capital before it is to be released on staggered dates during the last week of April and the first week of May. The film is slated for a May 3 opening in the U.S., with a same-day release in China yet to be confirmed.

http://icito.com/2013/03/28/robert-downey-jr-to-attend-beijing-launch-of-iron-man-3-exclusive/

And within half an hour of it ending, it will have already been pirated and be on sale.

ya the entire movie is gonna be spoiled by next week...or maybe tmw if the IM3 book reveals anything...
also does anyone think Thor trailer might premiere during this screening?

They've gotten better at not completely spoiling the movie a month out. We have bits and pieces of the storyline but not really how everything fits together. Still a lot of mystery around the new characters as well.

yeah I've avoided reading any recaps or potential plot points for the last month or so

i agree, they have barely touched the tip of the iceberg and this works well with that italian review

including this one ^ lol. I'll watch the trailers/tv spots since they aren't giving away much but I don't want to read stuff and have it ruined.

Gunna have to seriously avoid the early reviews of people who get to see it soon for sure.

Not sure if you guys have done this before but I took a screenshot from the trailer and enhanced it enough to try and make out the armors. We pretty much know them all except for the black and red one. Any guesses?

234149b8-7af8-42fb-819c-7b297edbdfea_zps3c94dfa9.jpg

Not sure if you guys have done this before but I took a screenshot from the trailer and enhanced it enough to try and make out the armors. We pretty much know them all except for the black and red one. Any guesses?

Ant-Man

T"Challa;25499863 said:
has this been posted yet? Apparently RDJ is going to be in Beijing from April 4-6 for the IM3 official premiere on Aril 6. An audience will be seeing this baby in less than 5 days!

http://icito.com/2013/03/28/robert-downey-jr-to-attend-beijing-launch-of-iron-man-3-exclusive/

Not really....it says he'll be launching a promo blitz on April 6, not premiering the movie. They *speculate* in the blurb that it might debut at the Beijing Film Festival later this month (Apr 16-23), but state that there's no official release date for IM3 in China yet.

Deadpool armor, of course :o

Ant-Man or Deadpool armor both get my votes! haha

Okay, so I just bought the Junior Novelization...

The books are out.... That might just be my cue to disappear till the movie is released....

The two red armors in this picture are the Heartbreaker and Silver Centurion armors.

The books are out.... That might just be my cue to disappear till the movie is released....

Especially worse if they are ebooks...WB timed all the novelisations/scripts perfectly with TDKR (week following movie release) but Disney are really jumping the gun.

Does anyone actually believe that Italian review is legit???they said there is barely any action except for last 30 mins of the movie..
It kinda corresponds to that guy who said he saw an early screening and we thought was trolling, I think his name was "FreedomForLife" or sumthing lyk that..what do you guys think???

Does anyone actually believe that Italian review is legit???they said there is barely any action except for last 30 mins of the movie..
It kinda corresponds to that guy who said he saw an early screening and we thought was trolling, I think his name was "FreedomForLife" or sumthing lyk that..what do you guys think???

oh ****, is that where his bad grammar comes from? Italian?

I believe the review was in Italian. The bad grammar comes courtesy of Google Translate. :)

NO, I meant freedom is obviously not a native English speaker, so I was wondering if maybe he is Italian. I knew the review was translated

NO, I meant freedom is obviously not a native English speaker, so I was wondering if maybe he is Italian. I knew the review was translated
Oh, got what you meant now... just went through that "
Lack of Action? Iron Man 2 over again?" thread.

Nah, even if this Italian reviewer might have seen the movie, (not buying it per se... but not dismissing the possibiilty) I find it hard to believe that that FreedomFreeLife character caught an early screening.

So, that junior novelization:

(not very spoilery)
Some bits that are definitely in the film are omitted - such as the Heartbreaker - Stark uses his XLII suit in the final battle at the docks/oil tanker. Also the scenes in China aren't there, and neither is any mention of Tony actually having Extremis so he can control the XLII (is that confirmed or still a rumour?)

Now for the MAJOR SPOILERS AND PRETTY FULL PLOT SUMMARY TO FOLLOW

First, entire story set around Christmas.

First act is A couple of flashback scenes following the opening scene of Tony crash-landing in Tennessee - first to his childhood/his mother's death, and then to meeting Hansen for the first time on New Year's Eve 2000 in Bern, Switzerland. A young Killian and Dr. Wu also appear. Hansen discusses her idea that was to become Extremis, and Tony suggested a solution to a glitch in the concept (something which will be brought up again).

First "appearance" of Mandarin is when Tony is disabling his Stark Industries mines in Afghanistan while the US forces are tying to take down Ten Rings Snipers and acquire some vaoult - which turns out to be a makeshift cinema which plays a message from the Mandarin.

Rhodey becomes Iron Patriot, Tony starts having panic attacks, shows off the XLII. The suit can be remotely controlled (the still where the suit is on that sofa; the suit is empty, Tony is controlling it from his workshop). Killian meets with Pepper to propose a partnership with AIM. That night, while Tony was having a nightmare, Pepper tries to wake hm up and the suit assembles on top of her restraining her (that bit from the first trailer) and the Tony orders it to shut down and drags it out of the room.

Grauman's Chinese Theater - Killian's two lackeys - Taggart and Savin meet while Happy spies on them in the distance. Taggart takes the Extremis virus (it is vaporised in an inhaler) and blows the theatre courtyard up - Happy is seriously injured.

Next day - after Stark visits Happy in hospital, there's the scene with the paparazzi and Stark issuing a threat to Mandarin with his home address. Then, of course, Maya visits him at the mansion, then the helicopters attack.

Cue the 20 minutes of footage that you can read about from IGN and other sources (heli attack, crash landing in Tennessee, Stark meeting that kid Harley)

Tony leaves voicemail for Pepper to not trust anyone even Maya, into the broken suit helmet at the destroyed mansion (that scene from trailers/official still/character poster). She meets up with Maya.

Back in Tennessee, Tony finds out that Harley's dad was an officer who 'blew himself up' (the bit from the trailers with Tony and the kid at the wrecks of the explosion with body-shaped shadows), turns out he was an unsuccessful Extremis test subject. Agent Brandt (Szostak) and Savin, posing as FBI find Tony at a bar, but Tony summons a repulsor from his broken down/in repair XLII to fight back. The two escape with Killian. After Jarvis repairs himself, he gets in touch with Stark about the location of where Mandarin's videos were shot - a mansion in Miami.

Pepper gets captured by Killian while with Maya, and Brandt captures Stark while he tries to attack the Mandarin. Rhodey is captured as well and his IP suit taken by Savin at AIM HQ after receiving a distress call. All three taken to basement lab at AIM. Killian/Maya demand the formula that Stark suggested to Hansen in '99. Stark refuses, and summons his now-repaired suit. Killian kills Maya and escapes, Stark gets Rhodey out. Stark heads to Air Force One to stop Taggert who wears the Iron Patriot suit, while Rhodey heads to the oil tanker/docks in Miami (overheard plan). And Tony opens the "wine cellar" - the 40-odd Iron Man suits (Heartbreaker is NOT mentioned) all launch up and head towards the docks.

On AF1, Savin traps the President in the Iron Patriot suit and autopilots him to the docks. Mandarin releases Christmas video. Cue final battle at docks, Pepper and the POTUS saved, Mandarin and Killian still at large.

Some of the descriptions in the novelisation sound quite underwhelming I have to say, hope there's more in the film.

Thanks for the summary. I know people hate to be spoilered, but I'm still watching the bad place out of this movie, even though I know it from beginning to end now. Clears up a lot of things I was wondering about, and reinforces a lot of theories and guesses I made a long time ago.

Nice to hear that
Mandarin and Killian survive; but I guess we can squash the Maya-as-Madam Masque rumor now. And the Szostak rumors. No mention of the inevitable after-credit sequence, though....still wondering if anyone can confirm the alleged GOTG tie-in.

Thanks for the summary. I know people hate to be spoilered, but I'm still watching the bad place out of this movie, even though I know it from beginning to end now. Clears up a lot of things I was wondering about, and reinforces a lot of theories and guesses I made a long time ago.

Nice to hear that
Mandarin and Killian survive; but I guess we can squash the Maya-as-Madam Masque rumor now. And the Szostak rumors. No mention of the inevitable after-credit sequence, though....still wondering if anyone can confirm the alleged GOTG tie-in.

Like I said, quite a few bits missing from the novelisation - especially since it's a JUNIOR novelisation.
strange to me that neither Killian nor Mandarin were present at the final battle here though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"