Iron Man 3 The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - - Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
More about the armors.

Mark I – Original armor from Iron Man.

Mark VII – From The Avengers.

Mark XLII – The Extremis armor. Made out of separate pieces that can fly to Tony Stark and form a suit around his body. It’s controlled from a state-of-art chip implanted in Tony Stark’s left forearm. Tony Stark can summon the pieces with just his thoughts.

Sub-Orbital Suit (Mark XXXIX) – Known as "Gemini", it is designed for otherworldly journey. It has an integrated, removable booster pack and zero-gravity maneuvering thrusters.

Silver Centurion Suit (Mark XXXIII) – The Silver Centurion has a slight protective force field, which allows the suit to attract or repulse objects using magnetic polarity. The suit is capable of firing pulse cannons that build in intensity the further they travel.

Stealth Suit (Mark XV) – Known as "Sneaky", it is virtually invisible to enemy early-warning systems. A chrome colored coating on the armor can darken or lighten to match the environment.

Black Stealth Suit (Mark XVI) – Similar to Sneaky, it doesn’t have all the weapons and is designed for stealth missions. It’s known as "Nightclub" armor.

Deep Sea Suit (Mark XXXVII) – Known as "Hammerhead", it’s designed to be able to travel to the deepest parts of the ocean. It can withstand extreme pressure, and it has high-power work lights to allow visibility in murky waters.

Heavy Lifting Suit (Mark XXXVIII) – Known as "Igor", this armor actually wasn’t designed for battle. It was created for heavy lifting and carrying heavy objects.

Heavy Construction Suit (Mark XXV) – Known as "Striker", it was designed to help with construction. It’s powerful jackhammer-like arms can pulverize concrete. It can withstand high temperatures and electrical surges.

High-Velocity (Mark XL) – Known as "Shotgun", it’s designed for hypersonic speed. It can travel in excess of Mach 5.

Disaster - Rescue Suit (Mark XXXV) – Known as "Red Snapper", this armor was designed to survive in dangerous places. The suit has extendable arms and claws making it ideal for disaster rescue.

Artillery-Level RT Suit (Mark XVII) – Known as "Heartbreaker", it has an oversized chest RT, which can fire powerful blasts. The Heartbreaker can fire narrow or wide beams and can also generate a repulsor shield for protection.

Skeleton Suit (Mark XLI) – Known as "Bones", it’s a black and gold lighter version of a full Iron Man suit. It’s purpose is speed and maneuverability.

I still think if Marvel doesn't make a poster of the Armor wall its failed merchandising.
At least have the Armors they DO have from 1-42 on it, and only suggesting the other armors not in the film

I imagine we'll start seeing some leaked reviews from early screenings in the next coming weeks!

so...I'm going to a showing of 20 minutes of IM3 footage (guessing it would be THOSE 20 minutes they are showing around the world and IGN saw a while ago) next Tuesday! :D

There will also be a "1000 Iron Men" flashmob-type thing where everyone at the screening gets an IM mask, a picture gets taken with everyone in these masks, and then sent to Marvel! And apparently there is a "surprise from MARVEL"...

this surprise could be Thor related...

isn't the premiere on April 6 Sat?
we should expect reviews by then...

Keep hearing it's either some sort of "press launch" - whether it's a press conference, a screening or what, I do not know...

this surprise could be Thor related...

A Thor: TDW trailer wouldn't be bad...worst case scenario would be...probably the Phase 2 sneak peek being shown, seeing as the MCU box set was not released outside of the US...

What happened to the Asgardian Armor? I dont suppose that will feature in the movie?

Seeing as The Destroyer was that powerful ...

Suddenly Jungle attack batman isn't so ridiculous...

Fandango.com finally has Iron Man 3 tickets on sale in the US. There are not only 9 PM showings on May 2nd, but also 9:15, 10:15, 11:15 and 12:15 shows at one theater in my area. I don't know if I can go early, though. I'll probably have to wait until Friday. :csad:

It's so nice that they aren't limiting it to midnight shows any more. People who have to work or who simply don't want to be out that late can catch an earlier show.

Thanks for that Cosmic!

I guess I just have a hard time with how Ant-Man will fit into the MCU's timeline. Will his origin be before, during, or after, Avengers 2. Since everything we have now, besides GotG is a sequel we know where they fit so when they're throwing another origin movie out there idk where to put it haha.

I think his movie could start phase 3 but his story could be told over the course of all the 2 previous Phase's.. especially if he's going to be involved in Avengers 2, You'd have to end his solo movie before he battles in Avengers 2 which could be a little confusing since the solo movie is going to come after the Avengers 2. Unless you tell his solo story as pre-Avengers 2 and post-Avengers 2 parts.

Not that I'm worried they're going to screw up, I just think things in my head work out better if Ant-Man was actually before Avengers 2 instead of after lol.

Getting close now! No tickets for my area yet though :/ ARRRGH! lol

Thanks for that Cosmic!

I guess I just have a hard time with how Ant-Man will fit into the MCU's timeline. Will his origin be before, during, or after, Avengers 2. Since everything we have now, besides GotG is a sequel we know where they fit so when they're throwing another origin movie out there idk where to put it haha.

I think his movie could start phase 3 but his story could be told over the course of all the 2 previous Phase's.. especially if he's going to be involved in Avengers 2, You'd have to end his solo movie before he battles in Avengers 2 which could be a little confusing since the solo movie is going to come after the Avengers 2. Unless you tell his solo story as pre-Avengers 2 and post-Avengers 2 parts.

Not that I'm worried they're going to screw up, I just think things in my head work out better if Ant-Man was actually before Avengers 2 instead of after lol.

No problem! And yeah, I'd like it if Ant-Man happened before TA2 as well, but I'm sure Marvel has a plan.

Thanks for that Cosmic!

Yeah, I think many of us were hoping, at least I was, that Ant-Man would come out in November 2014, before Avengers 2. Apparently Edgar Wright needs a year or two off between every movie that he makes.

Oh whoops haha. Guess I haven't seen TDKR enough times to quote it yet (only three). BB is still my favorite Batman movie.

you should watch Rises again. Bane makes me scared at all times. "do you feel in charge?"

you should watch Rises again. Bane makes me scared at all times. "do you feel in charge?"
I liked Hardy's performance--and I loved the choice to have Bane as the villain in Nolan's last Batman film. It was an interesting and intriguing adaptation of the character. As for TDKR, I think the each subsequent time I've watched it, the more messy I find it to be. Microwave emitter notwithstanding, Batman Begins is still a tighter and superior movie to me.

Anyway, to get back on topic, I'm looking forward to how Pearce and Kingsley's characters challenge RDJ's Tony. I'm definitely hopeful that we'll see Iron Man fighting some non-armored villains this time around. The Iron Man vs. Thor fight in Avengers is one of my favorite scenes in that movie, and to see Iron Man(s) up against a bunch of non-armored, Extremis-powered enemies will be quite entertaining.

I liked Hardy's performance--and I loved the choice to have Bane as the villain in Nolan's last Batman film. It was an interesting and intriguing adaptation of the character. As for TDKR, I think the each subsequent time I've watched it, the more messy I find it to be. Microwave emitter notwithstanding, Batman Begins is still a tighter and superior movie to me.

Anyway, to get back on topic, I'm looking forward to how Pearce and Kingsley's characters challenge RDJ's Tony. I'm definitely hopeful that we'll see Iron Man fighting some non-armored villains this time around. The Iron Man vs. Thor fight in Avengers is one of my favorite scenes in that movie, and to see Iron Man(s) up against a bunch of non-armored, Extremis-powered enemies will be quite entertaining.

Oh we will definitely see Tony fighting Extremis folk (non armored but super powered humans) like that Savin guy (is that his name?)

Has anyone ever wondered why they decided to use Coldblood over Mallen? Its not a big deal that they did, but since IM3 is going to be a loose adaption of the Extremis story, I'm just curious why they didn't use him.

In the TV spot showing Pepper suiting up and protecting Tony, was that Mandarin's voiceover belittling Stark? Because he sounds entirely different. Which makes me think Shane Black is playing with us and his Ben's real voice is yet to be heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"