Iron Man 3 The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's the only guy on the planet who can build the things. I'd say that makes him plenty special.

It's similar to what some fans were saying about War Machine when IM2 came out. Another person handling one of Stark's suits takes away from him being a bit unique and having his version of a "superhero power".

Yes, I know WM is from the comics of course, but I never truly cared for the character to being with.

It's similar to what some fans were saying about War Machine when IM2 came out. Another person handling one of Stark's suits takes away from him being a bit unique and having his version of a "superhero power".

Yes, I know WM is from the comics of course, but I never truly cared for the character to being with.

yeah I know the reasoning I just don't feel that way about it. He's the guy that creates the tech, he'll always have an edge over someone using it for the lulz.

Like they said in iron man 2. People can copy Stark but they'll just be 10 years behind him.

He's ahead of the curve. Heck he invented the curve lol.

Example: it will be 5 to 10 years before the army can make a war machine armor that can fold around Rhodey like the mark 7 and 42

He's the only guy on the planet who can build the things. I'd say that makes him plenty special.

I'm fine with Rhodey having an Iron Man armor and I'm even fine with Pepper using a suit to get here out of danger.

But you have tp admit that a bunch of random people using Iron Man suits to fight against IM's army would clearly be too much.

Yeah, I understand that, and agree that the Iron Man suit is what makes Tony unique, so there shouldn't be a bunch of knockoffs out there (even though comic-book writers have been peppering -- *koff* -- his stories with them forever). But it's just the wording on the viral site that makes me wonder....."Stark Industries looking for test subjects; Become Iron Man." If it has a direct correlation to the movie, then maybe Tony *is* indicating he's ready to hang it up and let somebody else carry on his work; or even that he's looking to build an army of "Iron Men" to help fight the next global/interplanetary enemy.

My money is on a run-of-the-mill marketing tagline rather than a hint that 41 other people are suiting up for the final battle. That wouldn't make sense in the slightest. Tony had to practice flying the suit, let alone become comfortable with the combat aspects of it. No way he sends a bunch of noobs up there to fight an Extremis army, or whatever Mandarin throws at him.

My money is on a run-of-the-mill marketing tagline rather than a hint that 41 other people are suiting up for the final battle. That wouldn't make sense in the slightest. Tony had to practice flying the suit, let alone become comfortable with the combat aspects of it. No way he sends a bunch of noobs up there to fight an Extremis army, or whatever Mandarin throws at him.

I was thinking that, too. But there *are* some guys who might already be considered to have the basic skills to fly an Iron Man armor: Air Force pilots. If Tony asks Rhodey to get some of his best pilots in those suits, I could see it working. Rhodey was untrained when he first "flew" the Mk II; you can assume it's his Air Force training that let him manage that.

My guess is that the new site is either for an online game or a contest. Maybe it'll be like the Avengers tie-in game.

Friend on Twitter noticed how one of the silhouetted armors looks like a Hasbro figure shown at the Toy Fair

kgrhqvhjfyfeo1ifluvbrhf.jpg
bdmdms1cqaebom9.jpg

Last edited:
^Makes me think some of those suits might be in the movie, but who knows haha. I'd love seeing a bunch of individual looking ones, instead of like clones.

I mean why use these clearly different/specialized suits in all these different promos and toys if at least a few aren't going to be used in some capacity. whether they just be shown or actually used.

I mean why use these clearly different/specialized suits in all these different promos and toys if at least a few aren't going to be used in some capacity. whether they just be shown or actually used.

Good point :highfive:

I mean why use these clearly different/specialized suits in all these different promos and toys if at least a few aren't going to be used in some capacity.

to sell more toys and make more money

kgrhqvhjfyfeo1ifluvbrhf.jpg

Haven't seen that one before but damned if the Patriot armor isn't sexy as hell. I love it.

wonder why we never saw an IM vs Warmachine rock'm sock'm robots? :D

to sell more toys and make more money

Yeah I understand that point, but have any other Marvel movie put out alternate characters or suits or whatever in toy images and what looks to be official type art? (assuming that IM/IP w/ the silhouettes isn't from a toy line, which I don't think it is.)

Yeah. I keep seeing people say stuff like "anybody with power armor makes Tony needless." Tony is not a super hero because he has a suit of armor, he's a super hero because he has genius that lets him build crap like suits of armor.

Yeah. I keep seeing people say stuff like "anybody with power armor makes Tony needless." Tony is not a super hero because he has a suit of armor, he's a super hero because he has genius that lets him build crap like suits of armor.

Ranking them, the suit is easily the largest on-screen draw ..... it's not even an argument. Regardless, the idea of a super-smart scientist in comics is so watered down it's not even funny. Marvel has like 5000 of them.

wonder why we never saw an IM vs Warmachine rock'm sock'm robots? :D
That'd actually be kind of awesome lol.

The Iron Patriot armor looks great in that poster. I wasn't sure about it at first, but I like it now. I wonder if Rhodey will show up in the movie already rocking the IP armor? Any word about that?

Ranking them, the suit is easily the largest on-screen draw ..... it's not even an argument. Regardless, the idea of a super-smart scientist in comics is so watered down it's not even funny. Marvel has like 5000 of them.
The MCU doesn't have many though. Tony Stark, Bruce Banner, Arnim Zola, Ivan Vanko, Abraham Erskine, Samuel Sterns, Jane Foster, Eric Selvig... that's about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"