Iron Man 3 The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
The MCU doesn't have many though. Tony Stark, Bruce Banner, Arnim Zola, Ivan Vanko, Abraham Erskine, Samuel Sterns, Jane Foster, Eric Selvig... that's about it.

In the next couple of years more should be added like Pym, T'Challa, maybe even Peter Parker and Amadeus Cho since this guy was supposed to be him in TIH.

Amadeus_Cho.jpg

That'd actually be kind of awesome lol.

The Iron Patriot armor looks great in that poster. I wasn't sure about it at first, but I like it now. I wonder if Rhodey will show up in the movie already rocking the IP armor? Any word about that?
I'm curious about that too. I haven't seen anything other than the Patriot armor

ah okay that would make sense

I'm curious about that too. I haven't seen anything other than the Patriot armor

I'm guessing yes and those set pics of the stunt man in the IP costume could be the reveal of the armour. I think that the War Machine armour, which is different from IM2's WM armour, will be what he wears later on when he either ditches the IP armour or it gets hijacked and is forced to change.

Who is Cho, and what is his relation to Marvel comics? .. I'm too lazy to look it up lol.

Is it May yet? Can't wait for Phase 2 to begin! Wish Marvel would start releasing 6 films a year! Only joking, but I wish they would! Lol

It would? :huh:
in a way, I've never pictured Pete as a computer nerd (never really liked ulty Spidey) and I liked Cho in Herc and his hair was moosed lol

Last edited:
Who is Cho, and what is his relation to Marvel comics? .. I'm too lazy to look it up lol.
Amadeus Cho was Herc's compaion and eventually became the new Prince of Power and had Herc's mace

Last edited:
I'm guessing yes and those set pics of the stunt man in the IP costume could be the reveal of the armour. I think that the War Machine armour, which is different from IM2's WM armour, will be what he wears later on when he either ditches the IP armour or it gets hijacked and is forced to change.

Pretty sure that wasn't a stunt man in the IP after all, but was, in fact, Ashley Hamilton, who's playing Jack Taggert. I'm willing to bet that was an actual plot point we saw in that set pic --- i.e., Taggert is one of Mandy's henchies, and he steals the IP armor at some point in the movie.

Also, the IM3 prequel comics kind of reveal the transition of the War Machine armors. Post-IM2 and pre-TA, Tony takes back the Mk II (War Machine) armor from Rhodey and all the Hammer mods on it, and builds him a new WM suit, the one we see in the new toys and posters.

The MCU doesn't have many though. Tony Stark, Bruce Banner, Arnim Zola, Ivan Vanko, Abraham Erskine, Samuel Sterns, Jane Foster, Eric Selvig... that's about it.

...... and the list is going to continue to grow, we've still got Pym on the way.

The suit is the draw. I don't see how anyone could argue against it. The fact that he's a super smart billionaire is just a side story to the main attraction. I've never met anyone who's seen the films remark about what an incredible mind Stark is. It's not like one of those biopic films where the genius is always on display.

...... and the list is going to continue to grow, we've still got Pym on the way.

The suit is the draw. I don't see how anyone could argue against it. The fact that he's a super smart billionaire is just a side story to the main attraction. I've never met anyone who's seen the films remark about what an incredible mind Stark is. It's not like one of those biopic films where the genius is always on display.

this^ to an extend. Each movie he was in, in my opinion, made it pretty clear what a genius he is. It certainly played second fiddle, but it wasn't completely absent. Like bruce banner in TIH

Amadeus Cho is only a kid and is the seventh(or eighth, not sure) smartest person on Earth in the Marvel universe.

They all specialize in completely different things though.

So what? It doesn't really change the fact that in only so many movies you have quite a few super genius scientists already and are looking to add more.

Actually, for many people the suit is not even the best thing Stark has ever made - JARVIS trumps it in terms of invention. As for Stark´s mind/personality, it´s the main course for many, many, many viewers. Cue the universally overwhelming popularity of the "take the suit away, what are you - genius, billionaire, playboy, philantropist" exchange.

Amadeus Cho was Herc's compaion and eventually became the new Prince of Power and had Herc's mace

Amadeus Cho is only a kid and is the seventh(or eighth, not sure) smartest person on Earth in the Marvel universe.

cool thanks guys! I'm always up for them adding more comic based characters haha, leaves to door open for many story lines.

Actually, for many people the suit is not even the best thing Stark has ever made - JARVIS trumps it in terms of invention. As for Stark´s mind/personality, it´s the main course for many, many, many viewers. Cue the universally overwhelming popularity of the "take the suit away, what are you - genius, billionaire, playboy, philantropist" exchange.

I think it's unrealistic to suggest most people don't think the suit is the most attractive thing about Iron Man.

Last I checked, the most attractive thing girls liked on Iron Man was Tony's ass. :o :funny:

Alright, so I keep rewatching the superbowl trailer, and maybe I'm stating the obvious, but can we all agree that someone is going to die in that plane crash, there's no way that it was only carrying 13 people. I mean the pilots are probably toast, along with at least a couple politicians. I'm just saying, I don't think it's going to be a happy ending for that individual scene. Especially since the plane explodes before Stark can go back up for a second round.

Alright, so I keep rewatching the superbowl trailer, and maybe I'm stating the obvious, but can we all agree that someone is going to die in that plane crash, there's no way that it was only carrying 13 people. I mean the pilots are probably toast, along with at least a couple politicians. I'm just saying, I don't think it's going to be a happy ending for that individual scene. Especially since the plane explodes before Stark can go back up for a second round.

Air Force One can carry 26 crew and 70 passengers. I'd say, then, that the majority of them --- all but 14 --- are pretty much toast.

Air Force One can carry 26 crew and 70 passengers. I'd say, then, that the majority of them --- all but 14 --- are pretty much toast.

special secret flight, only 14 aboard.. :yay:

but really I see them either avoiding the fact that multiple people will die, and those he saved were the only ones on the plane. (I hope not) or, yes a few people are going to die (pilots, a few workers, as stated above.)

The whole 'not being able to save everyone all the time' mortality angle, could actually be a really big plot point in this, aka why he possibly creates Rescue and has that scene where he's talking about saving the ones closest to him. (because maybe he couldn't save all those on the plane)

I'd also guess that him either being framed for the plane attack, or him not being able to save everyone in such a public attack is going to have the gov't & public looking down on him too.

Basically Tony vs the world, which is cool.

Last I checked, the most attractive thing girls liked on Iron Man was Tony's ass. :o :funny:

RDJ has a lot of fangirls, as does comic book Tony. A few days ago there was a Tumblr post noting that Tony Stark is the most consistently objectified male in comics. This was documented with panels from comics showing him in various states of undress, including the infamous Red Thong Incident. :word:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"